Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:16 PM   #1
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
GA: S13 build

Went out to VA for groceries. Figured they might have something a bit different than what I'm used to in Atlanta.

Didnt really find anything all that different but I did come home with this

Immediately got to work on the lesser seen parts

Turned my attention to the areas I would see day in and day out walking past it or getting in for a drive

Then I just went full idiot

Least the engine bay paint came out all sparkles

In the middle of building an S14 SR to toss in with a few fun bits, then fresh TH1 paint with a couple other exterior parts and I can hopefully be back to enjoying it again.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #2
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would do dirty things for that hood!

Excited for the rest of the build. Looks great!
Old 12-02-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Car definitely has some cool bits.

Also, sup with the fortune autos? ha
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #4
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That column TT holder, I see you.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
That column TT holder, I see you.
Open them eyes and you'll see its a blitz TT / boost gauge!
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:16 AM   #6
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Very cool and clean build, Looking forward the the end result.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Wow so far nothing here is wrong. Looks good and cant wait for your outcome.
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Glad you made a build thread for this beauty! In for updates
Old 12-04-2019, 07:22 PM   #9
Eddiemac
Zilvia Member

Eddiemac is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
Eddiemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #10
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
I would do dirty things for that hood!

Excited for the rest of the build. Looks great!
Honestly lightest hood I've ever picked up. Aramid fiber is no joke. Feels more like fabric than a fiber......definitely a real pain to drill/cut cleanly. Found that out when installing Quik Latch hood pins.

Another hood pic for the hell of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Car definitely has some cool bits.

Also, sup with the fortune autos? ha
I sold one set I had, but not sure if it was these or the aircup versions that I had. Will check to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Open them eyes and you'll see its a blitz TT / boost gauge!
Damn, you know you're old school Blitz bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Very cool and clean build, Looking forward the the end result.
Same! Currently putting together an S14 SR20. Glad I didn't just drop it in and go. Opted to refresh pumps and check over the motor. Was hopeful that would be it, but went south after finding out it had crank walk. Seems previous owner either slapped it together in a rush foregoing the torque specs....or simply forgot the thrust washer cause we never found it. Cant imagine it was entirely eaten up. Oh well.....had to open the cylinders so.....HKS 87mm pistons (hate they don't make 86.5mm). HKS step one valvetrain. And a fancy GTIII RS spinner. Motor already had the old step one cams thus why I'm sticking with mostly HKS bits. Am pretty sure it will clear 300whp, so will be dealing with drivetrain as well soon enough.

Mmmmmmm packaging

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Glad you made a build thread for this beauty! In for updates
Thanks man! Figured it was time (since the S14 continues to be my forever project)
Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 AM   #11
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Damn this build is getting cooler and cooler!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #12
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
Honestly lightest hood I've ever picked up. Aramid fiber is no joke. Feels more like fabric than a fiber......definitely a real pain to drill/cut cleanly. Found that out when installing Quik Latch hood pins.
Who is producing that aramid fiber hood?
Old 12-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #13
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Who is producing that aramid fiber hood?

Behrman Technora
Old 12-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #14
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Is the final ride height going to be a lot lot lot lot better than in the OP?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #15
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Behrman Technora
Ah yeah, Behrman. The fitment is spot on!
Old 12-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
HKS step one valvetrain.
What's the deal with the HKS packaged rocker arms? Are they just standard Nissan rockers?

EDIT: Sorry I looked them up, appears to be standard Nissan rockers with some sort of vague coating that HKS has applied. Couldn't find any other info.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:53 PM   #17
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
What's the deal with the HKS packaged rocker arms? Are they just standard Nissan rockers?

EDIT: Sorry I looked them up, appears to be standard Nissan rockers with some sort of vague coating that HKS has applied. Couldn't find any other info.
Yea wish they said more about whatever they did or didnt do to the oem rockers.

Changing up the wheels. Promodas will be fronts 17x9+18 very glad a friend decided to sell these.

Advan RG1s will get stripped and redone in white and become rears 17x9.5+22

And the shiny 87mm HKS piston set
Old 02-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #18
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Always little things that cause long hold ups. Like waiting on this guy

Thought the trans was in good shape....turns out not so much. Synchros were a bit worn and one of the needle bearings had gone bad. Glad to catch it now, but still puts a hold up on the build. Finally going to try out the OS Giken close ration setup. If math is correct it shouldn't be screaming during daily highway cruise and will have ability to hold up to the torque levels I think the motor will be making.

Wont be sitting like this much longer
Old 02-08-2020, 03:28 PM   #19
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Nothing beats, super clean builds and attention to detail...this does not disappoint! Looks sweet
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #20
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
In for more updates on this one!!
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #21
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Made a simple battery tray for smaller than factory battery (Miata specific). This was just test version. Gotta make a couple little changes and then it will be good to go and off to powdercoat.

Old 02-10-2020, 10:38 AM   #22
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
That's a cute tire sticker ball.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:21 PM   #23
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
That's a cute tire sticker ball.
Hahahaha. Yea it's still just cute. Never would've guessed how long it takes to build one and how many shipping companies put their label on top of the tire sticker...bastards.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:45 PM   #24
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
This thing looks quality through and through. Nice to see someone not going Ebay everything on an S-Chassis build. Keep up the fine work sir!
Old 02-18-2020, 11:10 PM   #25
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
This thing looks quality through and through. Nice to see someone not going Ebay everything on an S-Chassis build. Keep up the fine work sir!
Did the budget build once before, it was best choice for my wallet and for buying tires constantly. Eventually I replaced all the ebay and beat up used parts with proper parts. Learning process, right.

After buying the Silvia, I wanted to build it the way I dreamed of building my first S13 with all the parts I drooled over back then. Somewhat of a benefit as I've found some really cool parts I had no idea existed back then.

Finally got around to refreshing the Promoda wheels I bought from a friend

Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 AM   #26
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Finally put a wrench to this car again...

Anti Gravity battery is smaller than Miata battery and weighs like 15lbs. So wild. Thankfully the Blitz battery tie down still fits rather well.

Motor is finally in! Still have a lot to do before startup but am glad to start moving forward again.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:36 AM   #27
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Is that a GP Sports fan blade I see?
Old 08-27-2020, 05:52 AM   #28
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
ohhh lookn..SPICY!!!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:14 AM   #29
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Very cool stuff, HKS all the things, hah. What is the firewall covering? Who made your turbo manifold?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #30
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

RB

Quote:
Is that a GP Sports fan blade I see?
Spot on spotting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
ohhh lookn..SPICY!!!
Thanks man! Definitely taking longer than I had planned but will get there at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Very cool stuff, HKS all the things, hah. What is the firewall covering? Who made your turbo manifold?
Have dreamed of HKS all the things since I started messing with 240s. Very happy to finally be fulfilling my younger me dreams. Hahaha.

The firewall has HeatShield Products Lava Shield heat barrier on it. The 0.008 is much easier to get smooth over all the bumps and corners on the schassis firewall. The turbo manifold is Sinco Customs. Can?t wait to hear everything scream at 7k.

Hopefully won?t be 3-4 months before I get more done. Waiting on the trans build to get finished up along with a handful of other things before I can start getting ready for the dyno.