Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-11-2022, 04:57 PM   #1
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
240boosted has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fully built sr20det keeps overboosting

Hey I have cant figure this out to save the life of me. I have a mazworx setup with a g30-770 kit with a haltech elite 1500 running e85 with dual valve conversion from them and there stage 3 heads and 272 cams with there manifold and a 44 mm tial watergate. I checked all the lines which are push lock lines and I keep getting boost spikes after 6k rpm. If I take out the haltech electronic boost controller it still overboost on just wastegate after 6000 rpm. my tuner cant figure out why it’s keep doing it past 6000 rpm and I running 14.7 psi spring with open dump and 3 inch full exhaust
240boosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2022, 05:39 PM   #2
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I have heard this happening from MotoIQ, where the external wastegate flange when welding on the manifold isn't round causing issues. Also he said the external wastegate could have some sort of build up causing the valve in the wastegate not to open correctly or all the way.... Easiest way, try swapping out the EWS, if that doesn't work, then check the manifold.

MotoIQ had a youtube video on wastegates.
Old 11-11-2022, 05:59 PM   #3
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Ok yes this is a mazworx manifold there kit came with the tial 44mm I was looking possibly at the turbosmart one brand new build my old build a different turbo and stock manifold setup still had boost creep ugh..
Old 11-11-2022, 06:04 PM   #4
240boosted
Zilvia Member

I going to test out the wastegate with my friend maybe there something wrong or the diaphragm is pinched. The fire at the bottom i have is a v band.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:15 AM   #5
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Before you go changing a bunch of things, what are your controller settings? Is the dump plumbed back into the exhaust stream? How is the tubing ran to the gate? Is it plumbed closed loop or open loop?
Old 11-14-2022, 07:19 PM   #6
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Before you go changing a bunch of things, what are your controller settings? Is the dump plumbed back into the exhaust stream? How is the tubing ran to the gate? Is it plumbed closed loop or open loop?
So I bought the g30-770 kit from mazworx and its open dump pipe with their manifold and tial 44mm wastegate. For controller are you taking about what electronic boost controller I have that is a max valve which I had last setup and was overboosting so idk if that max valve is the issue.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:29 AM   #7
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mac* Valve.

Is it a genuine Mac valve, or a knock off?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:51 AM   #8
240boosted
Zilvia Member

It’s a turbosmart valve but possibly setup wrong
Old 11-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #9
240boosted
Zilvia Member

I had a 10 pound spring in but I hear a lot people on different forums said they had same issue possibly set it to a 12 pound spring?
Old 11-15-2022, 09:33 AM   #10
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
im confused about your setup. are you running a haltech boost controller and a tubosmart valve at the same time? in the op you say that it still overboosts when you take out the haltech boost controller but if you take out the turbosmart valve does it still overboost on the wastegate psi?

overboosting on wastegate psi would indicate a different set of problems vs anything being used to control/change boost from wastegate psi
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:57 PM   #11
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boosted View Post
So I bought the g30-770 kit from mazworx and its open dump pipe with their manifold and tial 44mm wastegate. For controller are you taking about what electronic boost controller I have that is a max valve which I had last setup and was overboosting so idk if that max valve is the issue.
So the last setup over posted and this setup is too. I think you have a component issue, not a manifold/turbo/wastegate issue.

How is the tubing ran to the Mac valve? What are the boost control settings? If you remove the Mac valve, does the car overboost?
Old 11-16-2022, 06:11 PM   #12
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
im confused about your setup. are you running a haltech boost controller and a tubosmart valve at the same time? in the op you say that it still overboosts when you take out the haltech boost controller but if you take out the turbosmart valve does it still overboost on the wastegate psi?

overboosting on wastegate psi would indicate a different set of problems vs anything being used to control/change boost from wastegate psi
I was running the haltech elite 1500 sorry for the confusion I did not mean haltech boost solenoid. I am running the turbosmart solenoid, but I?m pretty sure that I have it set up wrong. I am going to check if I?m overboosting still on wastegate this week
Old 11-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #13
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
So the last setup over posted and this setup is too. I think you have a component issue, not a manifold/turbo/wastegate issue.

How is the tubing ran to the Mac valve? What are the boost control settings? If you remove the Mac valve, does the car overboost?
The Mac valve on the turbosmart I?m almost positive was set up wrong. I am running push lock fittings with plastic airline break hose. I?m gonna try to remove the Mac valve this week and test.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:16 AM   #14
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
If I take out the haltech electronic boost controller it still overboost on just wastegate after 6000 rpm.
Quote:
The Mac valve on the turbosmart I?m almost positive was set up wrong. I am running push lock fittings with plastic airline break hose. I?m gonna try to remove the Mac valve this week and test.
Thought you already did that?

Is this how it's hooked up?

Can you share a picture of your setup?
Old 11-17-2022, 09:00 PM   #15
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Ya this is how it was setup
https://ibb.co/g4w8hsG
https://ibb.co/Bqhxx2h

But I try this first I was told to try
https://ibb.co/GPfQLHF
Old 11-17-2022, 09:03 PM   #16
240boosted
Zilvia Member

I had port 3 to turbo housing and top of waste 2 cents middle one the the other one to bottom wastegate but now I going change it and see
Old 11-17-2022, 09:09 PM   #17
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Thought you already did that?

Is this how it's hooked up?

Can you share a picture of your setup?
I am guessing also that one would be good since I have 3 inch down pipe
Old 11-17-2022, 09:35 PM   #18
240boosted
Zilvia Member

And have the other plugs blocked for air port and should I use blue locktight on the thread top bolt hold wastegate down
Old 11-18-2022, 08:54 AM   #19
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would take the solenoid out of the equation and run the boost source from the turbo directly to bottom port on WG and leave top open like you had it. This should be minimum spring boost pressure.

Here's a good read.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:09 PM   #20
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
I would take the solenoid out of the equation and run the boost source from the turbo directly to bottom port on WG and leave top open like you had it. This should be minimum spring boost pressure.

Here's a good read.

Ok I read the em and for for air ports that are not being used do they need to be capped off
Old 11-19-2022, 11:04 AM   #21
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ok I read the em and for for air ports that are not being used do they need to be capped off
The air ports on the solenoid do not need to be capped. The extra port on the gate should be open to atmosphere.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:14 PM   #22
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
The air ports on the solenoid do not need to be capped. The extra port on the gate should be open to atmosphere.
Ok so all the air ports at the lower should be open and then I should leave open at the bottom except for the one I using and then the port top leave open dumb questions wouldn?t that mean all them would be open.
https://ibb.co/s2B9mWv
Old 11-19-2022, 09:44 PM   #23
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ok so all the air ports at the lower should be open and then I should leave open at the bottom except for the one I using and then the port top leave open dumb questions wouldn?t that mean all them would be open.
https://ibb.co/s2B9mWv
You?re bypassing the solenoid. No tubing should be running from it to the turbo or wastegate. Exactly as below?

Old 11-19-2022, 09:50 PM   #24
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You?re bypassing the solenoid. No tubing should be running from it to the turbo or wastegate. Exactly as below?

Yes I going to test that tomorrow possibly but I asking if I hook my turbosmart boost solenoid should I cap the not used air ports or even without it hooked up wouldn’t air leak out of and bottom 2 ports that are not capped
Old 11-20-2022, 02:15 PM   #25
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes I going to test that tomorrow possibly but I asking if I hook my turbosmart boost solenoid should I cap the not used air ports or even without it hooked up wouldn?t air leak out of and bottom 2 ports that are not capped
Nothing should be run to it…
Old 01-09-2023, 07:52 PM   #26
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Sorry I been testing still done every which way still seems to overboost.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:54 PM   #27
240boosted
Zilvia Member

Quote:

Stupid question so I had the bottom one connected like you show but I have port on top like the pic and then on top middle have that port open. Should I keep all air ports open on the wastegate or plug ones I not using?
Old 01-09-2023, 07:55 PM   #28
240boosted
Zilvia Member

And a final note do you think bc I have like no back pressure and castles exhaust I need a little back pressure?
Old 01-09-2023, 10:52 PM   #29
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Stupid question so I had the bottom one connected like you show but I have port on top like the pic and then on top middle have that port open. Should I keep all air ports open on the wastegate or plug ones I not using?
Just leave them open for the test.

Can you post photos of your setup?
Old 01-10-2023, 04:26 PM   #30
240boosted
Zilvia Member

here are some photo

https://ibb.co/njvDhMv
https://ibb.co/fH9nhWc
https://ibb.co/7QVnpX6