Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
go4speeed
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
go4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of lightgo4speeed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Show me your tow setup

This is mine currently along with my s13. Show me what you tow with and what you tow plzzz.

This is my 1991 Hino Ranger
Moded to take on 2 cars at a time.
6cyl diesel

Last edited by go4speeed; 06-22-2020 at 10:31 AM..
go4speeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I use a Nissan Armada LE 4x4. This thing is a beast. It hauls my heavy ass car and trailer through the mountains with ease.

Things which make it possible I credit to.
Nissan Titan Tow Mirrors
Factory rear airbags
Factory Trans & oil cooler
Tekonsha P2 brake controller
Weight Safe drop hitch (makes loading cars a breeze!)
Old 06-22-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hemi Overland 4x4

Fully optioned Luxo-hauler. No problems pulling 6000lbs around at this altitude; 13.5mpg while up into the higher elevations.

600lbs adj. height anti-sway hitch
Tekonsha P3 controller

It's either this or a tandem axle car hauler I share with my buddy.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
my lx470 has been a trooper. towed my car everywhere with it over the last decade. never had any real issues besides last summer when a puddle turned out to be a pond and made the auto height control tweak out replacing the ahc with a lift and bags instead of fixing it cuz i'm dumb

Old 06-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Only had my GX470 for a few months. Just finished a bunch of maintenance including timing belt / water pump, radiator, Pullies, fan bracket, radiator hoses, valve cover gaskets, rebuilt started, intake manifold gaskets, injectors cleaned by RC engineering.

Finally had a chance to tow with it and it will be plenty adequate for my trailer and s13. It?s kinda a dog up large grades (like the hill up from Cajon Junction to hesperia where I was rolling along at 45-50mph). Got roughly 11.5mpg on the trip.

On flat ground there?s enough power. Brakes leave something to be desired and soon I?ll upgrade to gx460 calipers and rotors and new fluid.

Already bought a new Eibach lift kit and new front UCA and LCAs, will install those soon as well, and some other bits and pieces like Tundra wheels, window visors, doo-dads.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
04.5 Ram 3500 6-Speed manual dually on 22.5" Alcoas. 24' Haulmark enclosed but I recently sold this trailer and bought a 30' Gooseneck, no photos of that combo yet.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #7
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
2016 2.8 turbo diesel Colorado, i tow with a borrowed 18ft car hauler lol. Tows very well for a midsize truck. I get about 18-22 mpg on a fully loaded haul. I average about 24ish with daily driving.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:10 AM   #8
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
On flat ground there?s enough power. Brakes leave something to be desired and soon I?ll upgrade to gx460 calipers and rotors and new fluid.
Get a brake controller, and trailer brakes if not already equipped. BIG difference
Old 06-24-2020, 06:46 AM   #9
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can I hang out with the big kids?

Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:03 AM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSilS14 View Post
Get a brake controller, and trailer brakes if not already equipped. BIG difference
brake controller is on my list for sure!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #11
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I'm almost embarrassed to post my 2008 F350 after the first post. RIP.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #12
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews

Heres mine.. has served its purpose well
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I'm almost embarrassed to post my 2008 F350 after the first post. RIP.
He didn't have to flex on all of us like that.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:19 PM   #14
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
its purpose
mall crawlin' and picking up loose women?
Old 06-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #15
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
mall crawlin' and picking up loose women?
Lmao... whats wrong with loose women?
Old 06-25-2020, 08:05 AM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
I had a pretty lengthy response typed out then realized it's probably not even worth it. I know Florida is riddled with a trillion new cases of bat fever-1999 or some shit so you're probably not long for the world. The rest of us will enjoy women who don't have a taint that you can have a family picnic in.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:24 AM   #17
My!
Zilvia Member

My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I had a pretty lengthy response typed out then realized it's probably not even worth it. I know Florida is riddled with a trillion new cases of bat fever-1999 or some shit so you're probably not long for the world. The rest of us will enjoy women who don't have a taint that you can have a family picnic in.
you guys are getting chicks?
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #18
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
To gather such attention is funny.

Yall asked for tow rigs..i posted...
Old 06-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #19
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Here is my old beast, she'll pull anything I want but gets terrible gas mileage.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:12 PM   #20
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
Here's the truck and trailer I use. The owner of the company I work for is a car guy himself and let's me use the work truck for my track days. It's an 2014 International TerraStar, the thing hauls ass, lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:49 PM   #21
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
95 F-250, 351W ZF 5 speed manual. Tows cars anywhere, but I'm soon swapping in an LSD 4.10 rear to help in the mountains. Otherwise is rock solid and not that rusty for a northeastern OBS ford. Draw Tite trailer brake controller and an 18ft steel deck Eagle trailer.

Last edited by Thursday7; 06-25-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:33 PM   #22
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
damn, i was setting you up for the old, "all women are loose when you've got a tiny dick" joke

Old 06-25-2020, 05:00 PM   #23
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
damn, i was setting you up for the old, "all women are loose when you've got a tiny dick" joke

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh got it..
Old 06-25-2020, 05:10 PM   #24
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
For some reason imgur isn't letting me resize any smaller than this, so sorry.

95 F-250, 351W ZF 5 speed manual. Tows cars anywhere, but I'm soon swapping in an LSD 4.10 rear to help in the mountains. Otherwise is rock solid and not that rusty for a northeastern OBS ford. Draw Tite trailer brake controller and an 18ft steel deck Eagle trailer.

I'm in the middle of getting my Great Grandpa's 92 F-150 back together to tow my S13 around with on an 18ft trailer. Have been wondering how the 351 will tow, glad to hear it should have no trouble, hopefully it won't squat too bad once I get the car loaded on the trailer behind it

Old 06-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #25
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
I'm in the middle of getting my Great Grandpa's 92 F-150 back together to tow my S13 around with on an 18ft trailer. Have been wondering how the 351 will tow, glad to hear it should have no trouble, hopefully it won't squat too bad once I get the car loaded on the trailer behind it

It won't have trouble, gearing is the main thing. I'm not sure if they ever had 4.10 semi-floating rears. Also, the ZF5 gearing is very beneficial, not sure if you have the M5OD or the 4 speed auto, but the F250 manual trans is a game changer in my opinion.

As long as your rear is higher numerically than a 3.55, I think it will do you fine.

That thing sure is purdy though.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:16 PM   #26
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
It won't have trouble, gearing is the main thing. I'm not sure if they ever had 4.10 semi-floating rears. Also, the ZF5 gearing is very beneficial, not sure if you have the M5OD or the 4 speed auto, but the F250 manual trans is a game changer in my opinion.

As long as your rear is higher numerically than a 3.55, I think it will do you fine.

That thing sure is purdy though.
Thanks, its in fantastic condition for its age. I'm really excited to get it back on the road, its been sitting for some time and needed a lot of love.

I'll have to look into what rear end its got, but it does have the 4 speed automatic.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:30 PM   #27
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
Thanks, its in fantastic condition for its age. I'm really excited to get it back on the road, its been sitting for some time and needed a lot of love.

I'll have to look into what rear end its got, but it does have the 4 speed automatic.
Being from Arizona, they must all be cleaner than what we're dealing with up here.

My first truck was an 87 bricknose F-150 with a 302. That towed my S13 (not the one pictured) well but only used dollies at the time. That was with a 3.55 rear and a Tremec 4 speed manual. Given that info I'm sure you'll be good. I'm glad I have a 250 now but a well setup 150 won't have problems just towing a lighter car on an open deck.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:24 PM   #28
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
'08 Ram 2500 w/ 6.7 Cummins. Manages about 15.5mpg (hand calculated; on board economy lie-o-meter is hella optimistic) towing a car cross-country at 70-75mph. Can get as high as 17mpg on the flat, straight roads of Tennessee but drops to 12-13 when climbing the mountains of West Virginia.

Trailer is always a U-haul auto transport because renting a trailer is somehow still cheaper than paying for trailer storage.

dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #29
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
'08 Ram 2500 w/ 6.7 Cummins. Manages about 15.5mpg (hand calculated; on board economy lie-o-meter is hella optimistic) towing a car cross-country at 70-75mph. Can get as high as 17mpg on the flat, straight roads of Tennessee but drops to 12-13 when climbing the mountains of West Virginia.

Trailer is always a U-haul auto transport because renting a trailer is somehow still cheaper than paying for trailer storage.

curious where you go to. I'm not far from Lancaster county but don't venture south for events typically.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:11 PM   #30
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Quote:
curious where you go to. I'm not far from Lancaster county but don't venture south for events typically.
I'm a traveling technician currently working in Alabama. Take my cars with me because 240 is life. Midpond in Columbiana, AL is my current drift zone.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote