Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #181
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's a....interesting color choice.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2020, 09:44 AM   #182
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Love it. Different than most builds currently!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:19 AM   #183
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Body lines look great!
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:10 PM   #184
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Purple Drank!
That is a really cool color choice. Looks quite great.
Love it, man.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #185
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Dark orange calipers will make these wheels pop up even more,
I like this build man!
More pics please!
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #186
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
Well done well done
Thanks man! It?s finally starting to resemble what?s in my head. I?m gonna have more updates soon on interior work and wiring.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #187
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
That's a....interesting color choice.
Thought so too when I chose it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Love it. Different than most builds currently!
Thank you. Once this car is done it will probably make many people angry, but that's the best part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Body lines look great!
Thanks man, one thing I wanted to keep since almost everyone who does it is lazy and doesn't add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Purple Drank!
That is a really cool color choice. Looks quite great.
Love it, man.
Thank you, purple has always been my favorite. Glad it came out as good as the splotch was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
Dark orange calipers will make these wheels pop up even more,
I like this build man!
More pics please!
I had considered orange! I have one more color I'm slapping in there. The badge for the hood still has the red in the "S" so I'm torn on if I should paint that as well.

Got more done last night, will most some photos of progress. Next is wiring and getting the jdm harnesses all happy and communicating.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 05-18-2020 at 12:53 PM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:52 PM   #188
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 5/18/20

I am waiting on some parts to arrive in the mail and my headers to finish ceramic coating with Jet Hot. I did get around to installing the Illumaestetic chasing tails on.

Also finished rolling all the FatMat in the car, got inside the wells and roof. I still need to do trunk area but waiting for glass and speakers to be installed.

Will have more soon, working on the car tomorrow so maybe i'll be able to get a few more items in. Hardest part of putting the car back together is planning so I don't have to take stuff back off.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:23 PM   #189
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Dat color is lovely! Great choice!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #190
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lookn gloriously!!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:24 PM   #191
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Dat color is lovely! Great choice!
Thanks Man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Lookn gloriously!!
Appreciate it bro
Old 06-01-2020, 08:30 PM   #192
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 6/1/2020

Had some left over Fatmat so I figured why not do the doors, I never see anyone who does the doors.

Adding in the interior harnesses and created the mounting area for the trunk/gas lever on the RHD side since its not stamped into both sections.

Test fitting the plates, I'm going to have to modify the Tomei 3PT strut bar mount slightly but it wont affect the strength or integrity.

All the LS swaps I've mount the fuel filter extremely close or in a hot area so I'm going to modify the Sikky full lines kit and moved the filter under the car near the frame rail (Its loose, just for test fit).

Finally got around to trying out the 3M undercoat on my left side fender wells. Started by cleaning it, using a wire wheel and taping off areas. I will finish the right side tomorrow.

JetHot will have my headers back to me next week, I am going to drop the fuel tank tomorrow and replace all the vent hoses and run the new steel braided lines to the fuel system.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #193
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 6/2/20

Got the Sikky long fuel lines ran to the tank. I decided to switch the location of where the filter mounts because of heat soak issues I had when it was mounted in the factory location.

Just some glamour shots...

Test fitting the carpet after making the mounting hole for the RHD trunk lever, using rivnuts and a dremel.

Tomorrows plan is getting the driveshaft in, undercoating the right side wheel wells. Connect the brake lines and just some misc stuff. Decided to switch the Street faction bar since its a pain in the ass and their customer service is terrible.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:07 AM   #194
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love it! I am a sucker for purple cars.
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #195
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
It is coming together so fast! Good job as always.
The hue of purple is really cool, boss. Nice choice
Old 06-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #196
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Keeps getting better and better. Apurale!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #197
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
Love it! I am a sucker for purple cars.
Thanks man, appreciate all your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
It is coming together so fast! Good job as always.
The hue of purple is really cool, boss. Nice choice
Appreciate it man!! Gonna have more very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Keeps getting better and better. Apurale!
Thanks man, more very soon!
Old 06-06-2020, 06:03 PM   #198
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 6/6/20

Got my pipes polished up by Speed Socal (McKinney Motorsports), they did a great job.

Quick test fit on the intake pipe.

Have to change my entire fuel setup. I went with the Sikky kit -6 but after research and a lot of back and forth I decided to go -8 and use better fuel filters. I am waiting on AN fittings and my new fuel top hat. Going -8 Feed and -6 Return with a Walbaro 525 fuel pump, Radium fuel rails, FPR, and pressure gauge.

Finally time for some more cutting , test fitting the S14 HUD.

Can only find images off of Google so I hope I can get this right the first time.

Going to work on the car again next weekend once more items arrive. Headers are late to arrive from JetHot so that really throws a cramp in my progress.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #199
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Good luck with cutting of the dash.
There's a whole RHD dash with HUD and climate control on YAJ that would eliminate the need for cutting. It's kinda pricey but its factory fit.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #200
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Good luck with cutting of the dash.
There's a whole RHD dash with HUD and climate control on YAJ that would eliminate the need for cutting. It's kinda pricey but its factory fit.
Thanks for that buddy, I finally have photos of what it looks like installed underneath. That's gonna cost more than 10,000 yen to ship he's crazy lol. Also his dash has scratches and marks all over it. I'll take my chances, if I fuck it up then S15 dash is next

Last edited by afishysilvia; 06-07-2020 at 01:01 AM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:30 PM   #201
G33kin

Trader Rating: (0)
G33kin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love me some purp!
G33kin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:24 AM   #202
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Do u need a special windshield for the hud to work? Or u use a film on the glass?
Old 06-07-2020, 12:14 PM   #203
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33kin View Post
Love me some purp!
Thank you man appreciate it.

Quote:
Do u need a special windshield for the hud to work? Or u use a film on the glass?
I?m told it will still work, if it?s like my S13 was it will work. I had a broken windshield and got it replaced with a regular one and could still see it.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #204
S14rebuild
BANNED

Hmmm... thats pretty sweet. Def wanna see the end result. Cars coming along great
Old 06-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #205
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Absolutely love this build. Well done.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:16 AM   #206
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Nice work!

What are you using for shielding of the underside??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #207
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hmmm... thats pretty sweet. Def wanna see the end result. Cars coming along great
We?ll see man! If it?s not visible enough I?ll have to figure that out. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero983 View Post
Absolutely love this build. Well done.
Thank you!! I promise to keep it active and not fall off like most on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Nice work!

What are you using for shielding of the underside??
Thanks man, we?ll inside is full 5M Fatmat, underneath in the tunnel area and where header/Y pipe is I have DEI 10M Aluminum heat shielding. It was on the chassis before I didn?t have to mess with that part. I?m really excited to see and feel the differences of all the insulation, new clips and moldings and of course the thousands in oem weatherstripping lol.
Old 06-08-2020, 02:30 PM   #208
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
IMO I'd trim the Shakkito plate to clear the Tomei bracket instead of cutting the Tomei bracket.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #209
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
IMO I'd trim the Shakkito plate to clear the Tomei bracket instead of cutting the Tomei bracket.
Far easier to recreate that simple bracket than trying to notch the plates and fixing that for future sale (If any...haha).

Parts are all due in by weekend! Hopefully I?ll get fuel system full sorted. Ordered my PHR S14 drop in fuel hat.
Old 06-11-2020, 03:28 AM   #210
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 6/11/20

HUD IS IN

Just using photos, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. So fucking stoked to have this thing in and I'm ready to test it out! Parts are flying in faster than I can put them on.

This weekend I will be installing the fuel system and hopefully get more of the wiring sorted as Jet Hot updated me and said this Monday the headers arrive.

Also got the VW clutch master in from the UK, gonna make the mounting holes and weld the studs in place for it and then I will paint it and get it fitted to the vehicle.