Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:45 PM   #151
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking good man! Can?t wait to see this back on the road! And supercharged this time [emoji1303]
Btw how do you like that snap on ratchet? My snap on guy had been MIA for a few weeks, had I ended up buying a mac one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #152
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post
how do you like that snap on ratchet?
This is one of the best tools I've ever purchased. The one in the photo is the newest 3/8" with about 70ft of torque more than the previous. I own two, should definitely get one.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #153
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Update 4/14/20

Picked up the car and finally dropped off at JV Auto with JP for interior and bay paint.

While JP had the car I decided to weld up the 20AN bung to the PRW high flow water pump.

FINALLY!!!!!!!! SOME PAINT!!!!!!!!

Nardo Grey for the interior and bay paint, JP did an amazing job as usual.

Extremely happy to be here at this step. The car will be going back in June for the final body work and S15 grafting on the fenders. Going to install some interior parts and motor back in and get as far as I can on this while I'm waiting for the paint.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #154
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Shout out to your mom for helping you work on the car. My mom would tell me to go fly a kite if I asked for help.

Very nice color choice on the engine compartment.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:36 PM   #155
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Shout out to your mom for helping you work on the car. My mom would tell me to go fly a kite if I asked for help.

Very nice color choice on the engine compartment.
LOL!!! Yea she likes to come see whats going on sometimes, which ends up being "hey, can you grab that"? haha.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:44 PM   #156
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/17/20

JP has been busy getting the hood painted and the rest of the body panels prepped for paint.

Picked up some Illumaesthetic LED kouki tails from a buddy of mine.

Took the S15 black carpet I bought and vacuum and steam cleaned/shampoo'd the JDM right out of it.

Before

After

Laid out some Fatmat on the front half of the car, put all the HVAC components in and the firewall insulation mat.

Brake master and pedal installed, clutch slave and pedal installed along with the throttle cable.

In the process of setting up the Mcleod clutch and Tilton throwout bearing, should be getting motor and trans back into the car by end of weekend. Then its off to paint on tuesday.

Progress is moving fast on this thing, excited to get more done and have it back on the road.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:56 AM   #157
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/18/20

Got some more work done on the car tonight, routed the dash harness and started plugging in the HVAC components.

I also did alot of research on the differences between the DEI Gold Vs. Silver. Found out that silver actually has better reflective heat properties that the gold does. The silver also flows much better with my engine bay. I also ran out, so I will need to get more and finish up the areas I want extra in.

Had a slight delay with the clutch setup, didnt know I had the single disc set hardware, ordered the twin disc hardware from Mcleod but due to COVID I'm sure I wont see it till end of the week. This means to have the car to paint hopefully by weekend.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #158
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/23/20

Made a bunch of progress on the car with some time off I took at work.

Got the PRW Hi-Flow water pump on, i welded a 20AN fitting to the inlet and put 12AN on the heater hose openings.

McLeod twin disc clutch mounted up, Quicktime bellhousing for easier removal and access. Also got the ZL1 3.5 Bar map sensor installed.

Once again mom came in for the win and helped me get it back in the car.

Got all the bells and whistles on the car in order to get it in for paint. Started playing with the Chase Bays Milspec harness.

Car is now at JV Auto with JP for exterior paint and final body work!!!!!!!

Have a few issues to sort with the LS engine and RHD. One being the clutch master cylinder is extremely close to the RH head. I cant use the wilwood I had while LHD. I'm working with just over 2" of room. Right now the Chase Bays solution is still too far forward, Sikky has a solution in the works but no ETA and I have another route that I might look into for now. Ill keep this updated on that part incase anyone else runs into it.

I will have photos soon of the S14.5 metal fender conversion, that is next along with body panel alignment.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #159
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
I think mother's day is coming up pretty soon, you better get your mom something nice! Haha

The car is coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to the S14.5 updates!
Old 04-26-2020, 04:05 PM   #160
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Good progress

Have you driven a RHD car before this conversion?

It will be quite a ride especially with the LS
Old 04-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #161
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think mother's day is coming up pretty soon, you better get your mom something nice! Haha

The car is coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to the S14.5 updates!
Yea man she's already rubbing it in hard too haha!! Thank you, we're on the fender grafting portion now. The goal is to retain the factory s14 body line and delete the s15 marker light. I'm gonna have an update tonight on this thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nismo View Post
Good progress

Have you driven a RHD car before this conversion?

It will be quite a ride especially with the LS
Yes I have an Altezza that I drive about 2 days a week (or whenever I can really) so I won't say I'm an expert but very comfortable doing so. The power and handling of the 240 is way different than my sedan of course so it will take some adjusting.

Last edited by afishysilvia; 04-27-2020 at 10:50 AM..
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #162
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 4/27/20

The car is at the body shop getting the metal fender conversion done at the moment. Sort of resembles a frankenstein...

Absolutely loving the front end look.

I cleaned up the RHD wiper motor and sprayed it.

Also moving forward with the tuning the car will be utilizing speed density over MAF so I purchased a thread in IAT sensor. I had the machinist at work whip me up a bung and got it welded into the hot pipe.

Spoke to a buddy overseas with a S15 LS2 and got my clutch master issue resolved. He utilized a Volkswagon European model vehicle's master and drilled new holes in the firewall to fit it. One other key feature of how compact the master is the factory remote reservoir which I may just plumb into my brake master. I took apart the Sikky Wilwood adapter plate and popped out the studs. I plan to make new holes when the new clutch master arrives from the UK and then weld the studs in place.

I hope to have more updates on the fender conversion soon!
Old 04-30-2020, 06:52 PM   #163
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

I was at a car show years ago and saw some fiberglass s14.5 fenders that’s looked fantastic with some work

Any chance to go glass instead of metal?
Old 04-30-2020, 10:51 PM   #164
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Any chance to go glass instead of metal?
Not a chance in hell...
Old 05-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #165
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 5/3/20

Only a few builds I've seen being done during quarantine....

JP has been grafting the metal S14.5 fenders, now just time to shape and final prep.

Car is at JV Auto as previously mentioned, primer has been laid. Hopefully have some color soon!

Cleaned up the RHD engine bay fuse harness and trimmed unneeded circuits, and will lengthen for the tuck.

New Greddy Airinx 100mm filter.

Had to dig some parts out and stumbled upon this NOS Tomei brake master I will install once car is back.

Stumbled accross the media blaster we have at work, decided to use is on my RHD wiper arms that were super rusty and my valve covers that need some modifications.

Left is 1 pass, right is original.

2 passes.

Had the wiper arms powder coated in a satin black to match OE.

Valve cover will need 10AN bung welded on for the catch can setup, but also found this awesome oil filler adapter 10AN fitting for the other side.

I will have more photos of the car completed soon, but will not post a color photo of the switch until I have some decent pics of it. Follow along!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:56 PM   #166
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Nice! Already in primer! Excitebike
Old 05-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #167
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

What is the plan for the hood?

Stock s15 ? Or scooped type?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #168
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Nice! Already in primer! Excitebike
Extremely! I?m trying not to bug my paint guy....lol

Quote:
What is the plan for the hood?

Stock s15 ? Or scooped type?
Yea man stock s15 hood. I?m not sure you noticed yet but I?m thriving to keep all oem stuff here. As long as engine temps permit me to keep running that hood I will. Even then if not I?d try small ducting or cuts in the hood before a scoop again.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #169
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
This is going to be awesome once complete.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #170
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

5/8/20

JV Auto doing some of his best work...

Very hard to tell but trust when I say body lines are still there. Here are the S14.5 metal conversion fenders. Beyond excited to be staying all original Nissan metal and plastics.

I have so many updates parts wise on this but I cant post yet cause of the color reveal. I will have some updated photos soon!
Old 05-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #171
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
This is going to be awesome once complete.
Thank you, I am not sure when "complete" will actually be complete. My main goals for this year are to have it put back together from paint wise and running. I have many other interior things and wiring to sort through so that will be the biggest hurdle.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:41 AM   #172
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

I like this

Thoughts about upgrading to the advan version 2 ?

I had yours at one point but found it was a pain to polish the lips
Old 05-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #173
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
I like this

Thoughts about upgrading to the advan version 2 ?

I had yours at one point but found it was a pain to polish the lips
Oh yea man, I will forever love these rims and they?re not going anywhere.

With that being said...the car already has a new set of wheels I acquired almost a year ago in spark of this build. Once I get some photos of everything on I?ll post them. The car had been painted!!! Excited to have some new stuff to put on here!
Old 05-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #174
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Post it !!!
Old 05-10-2020, 03:53 PM   #175
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Post it !!!
I?ll have photos of the rims up tonight
Old 05-10-2020, 06:30 PM   #176
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 5/10/20

As I stated previously...here they are finally.

LMGT4's

Fronts:
17x9 +22

Rears:
18x10.5 +15

Car will be getting picked up this upcoming Saturday unless we run into any issues.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #177
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

I love those wheels!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2020, 09:08 AM   #178
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

My man. Delivering the goods. Those are some very handsome wheels
Old 05-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #179
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Major Update!!!! 5/12/2020

Finally, My Vision Is Surfacing. So many things I have to say on this project. It has been such a journey to start. There were so many changes in direction, setbacks, and unseen circumstances that caused this build to take time (Testing my impatience). Thank you to all of those who have helped push me and had their hands on this car.

Full OEM metal and plastic conversion. JP absolutely killed it. The S14.5 conversion fenders came out exactly as we wanted. The color is spot on from what I chose, so many options and going over it and over it again. The plan now is to start getting the smaller stuff on and interior back in before we have glass. Still have more updates soon!
Old 05-13-2020, 07:40 PM   #180
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Well done well done