Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #1
MeanS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MeanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ORC twin disc clutch identification

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between an ORC 559 and 659 twin disc clutch for an S14 SR? Im looking to order some replacement parts and im not sure which one I have. There is no serial number stamped on the front or rear of the clutch cover/pressure plate like I?ve seen on other ORC clutches.

I believe I also might have the wrong carrier for the throwout bearing. I didn?t have any issues or noises with my clutch but after breaking my trans and removing it I discovered damage to the throwout bearing that looks like it was riding against the pressure plate

I know different clutches require different length carriers and I believe I might have the wrong one. Does anyone have the part number for the sleeve and bearing on these twin discs or know what the measurement should be from the bearing carrier face to the face of the tabs on the carrier where the clutch fork sits?

MeanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You coulda just asked me dude haha.

Both the 559 and 659 ORC clutch use their "Type A" release bearing that is 67.1mm diameter http://www.paramo.jp/vp3.php?ci=ogur...echnical_13_en .
It's available to order on Nengun supposedly: https://www.nengun.com/orc/release-bearing

The nissan part number for the bearing is 30502-14601, they use an oem nissan bearing from a pickup and can order it really anywhere.

As far as the sleeve, it SHOULD work with 16mm or 18mm sleeves, according to ORC documentation: http://www.ogura-racing.com/pdf/partslist.pdf

OEM part numbers:
16mm: 30501-02C74
18mm: 30501-S0284

(I'm 99% sure one is literally a 350z clutch bearing sleeve, same as the one I used with my OsGiken twin disc)
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^^ Good info

It seems pretty much all (if not most) of the JDM twin jingles use the same TOB/Sleeve. I think that's also the part number I used for my ATS twin carbon/carbon as well
RalliartRsX is online now   Reply With Quote