Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #12631
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
It is a natural evolution of the market.

I'd wager the average person does not care what wheels drive their car. I'd guess over half don't even know. Most people just want a nice car that looks good, is "sporty" decently fast and has luxury stuff.

I would even go so far as to say the majority of purchases of this car will never drive the car hard enough to even feel the under steer this car will produce.
We've also proven time and time again, a well designed FWD car will be just as fun and inspiring to drive. (see the guys nut swinging the Fist, Mini, Integra, etc).

Evo is FWD based as well. I've driven a CLA, it's sporty and enjoyable for what it is - an entry level compact luxury car.

That's what all of these are, and most are available with AWD and sport tuned versions.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #12632
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
the look of that atrocity and pricing is downright nauseating. Not really liking the whole bmw exterior designs these days.
Mercedes has really emerged as the top styling dog of over Audi and BMW.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #12633
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There’s a car out there for everyone. Even people who like bad design. Hence the Cybertruck.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:53 PM   #12634
AndrewS13
Leaky Injector

AndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enoughAndrewS13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
There’s a car out there for everyone. Even people who like bad design. Hence the Cybertruck.
Oh god. I had almost forgot about thing
AndrewS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #12635
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewS13 View Post
Oh god. I had almost forgot about thing
I didn’t unfortunately . The first person I see actually driving one of those I will most likely throw up on.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:36 PM   #12636
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Mercedes has really emerged as the top styling dog of over Audi and BMW.
agreed mercedes is nicest of the 3. the ‘20 cla amg 45 is pretty cool exterior design wise and their revised awd setup looks promising.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...5-photos-info/

current 3 series looks real boring and imo already dated. I often mistake it for a lexus from behind. sad because I was appreociating some of their earlier designs like the m2.

Last edited by ronmcdon; 02-23-2020 at 12:31 AM..
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:54 AM   #12637
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Corbic, but MB is obviously trash since Geely owns a 1/5 of them right?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/22/...t-cut-in-half/

And before long it’s probably going to be even more. A good fiend of mine is an engineer for Daimler in Detroit and he says the situation is REAL bad. He’s had his feelers out for months now because he feels like he’s on a sinking ship.

MB has some hits but since they have so many vehicles they have some serious misses too. Have you seen the 2020 GLB? Hideous vehicle. The interior is atrocious. Looks like shit out of an early fast and furious movie that was supposed look cool. The same friend has a GLC and he HATES the interior. He drives one because it gets it for nothing. The GLC Coupe. Horrible horrible looking vehicle. Styling is certainly subjective (again there were people that thought the Aztec was worthy of production) but over engineering and bad design choices are not.

People buy these awful looking vehicles for the exact reasons Corbin mentioned. Status, etc. But what they’re being sold is are the keys to bad taste and poor decisions.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #12638
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/24/...00-horsepower/

Rumor is next gen STI is going 400hp 2.4l turbo from the Accent.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:43 AM   #12639
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

That's it?
Old 02-25-2020, 06:55 AM   #12640
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
That's it?
Right? It should have at least 1000hp.

I mean that’s reasonable for a car that is essentially a fast economy car.

1100 go or its garbage.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:10 AM   #12641
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Corbic, but MB is obviously trash since Geely owns a 1/5 of them right?

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/22/...t-cut-in-half/

And before long it’s probably going to be even more. A good fiend of mine is an engineer for Daimler in Detroit and he says the situation is REAL bad. He’s had his feelers out for months now because he feels like he’s on a sinking ship.

MB has some hits but since they have so many vehicles they have some serious misses too. Have you seen the 2020 GLB? Hideous vehicle. The interior is atrocious. Looks like shit out of an early fast and furious movie that was supposed look cool. The same friend has a GLC and he HATES the interior. He drives one because it gets it for nothing. The GLC Coupe. Horrible horrible looking vehicle. Styling is certainly subjective (again there were people that thought the Aztec was worthy of production) but over engineering and bad design choices are not.

People buy these awful looking vehicles for the exact reasons Corbin mentioned. Status, etc. But what they’re being sold is are the keys to bad taste and poor decisions.
Wrong. FAKE NEWS.

Quote:
The billionaire founder of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. has accumulated a stake worth about 7.3 billion euros ($9 billion) in Daimler AG, marking the biggest investment in a global automobile manufacturer by a Chinese company.

Li Shufu acquired the 9.7 percent holding through Geely Group, a company owned by the 54-year-old and managed by the carmaker he controls, according to a statement Saturday.
The owner of Geely bought 9.7% of Daimler's stock. Geely doesn't own 20% of MB. Daimler and Geely do have a partnership, but that is required in order to sell anything in China (partnering with a local company).

Yes, Daimler is hurting, so is Ford and everyone else. Diesel Gate will hit every single diesel selling brand and is a lot of bullshit.

Essentially, Governments set unrealistic requirements, came up with a test standard and car makers designed their vehicles to perform to the test standards. Shockingly these vehicles don't perform to the test standard when not operating in the test parameters.

Mercedes, and others, have blown out the range to accommodate niche vehicles and quasi mini SUVs. Everyone has done this and it's a reflection of consumer tastes. It's no longer 3 sizes of sausage.

Nothing wrong with the GLC interior. Sorry your friend hates it. Each their own. As for GLC Coupe, it's to compete within that trend also seen in the X6, and others.

GLC sold 72k units last year and the GLB will likely be a hit. Its a cute-ute like the popular Jeep Renegade. Pricing starts at $36k.

Not sure how the GLB is "Hideous". It's a conservative design.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #12642
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Right? It should have at least 1000hp.

I mean that’s reasonable for a car that is essentially a fast economy car.

1100 go or its garbage.
Or at least 450hp. It's current year. N/A V8's have been over 400hp for almost 10 years now with economy car V6s putting down 300-330hp for almost 15 years.

Focus RS was 350hp.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:14 AM   #12643
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

If you don’t think that’s hideous I have nothing else to discuss with you on design. lol.

Speaking of design, this is how you design a beautiful car. Makes the Model S and even the Taycan look boring. It again, China, so trash.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #12644
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
^ It's a 'concept' car so, no fucks given.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #12645
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
If you don’t think that’s hideous I have nothing else to discuss with you on design. lol.

Speaking of design, this is how you design a beautiful car. Makes the Model S and even the Taycan look boring. It again, China, so trash.

That's is hot, found it rendered in other colors.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #12646
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
^ It's a 'concept' car so, no fucks given.
Typically that’s the case but with Polestar their cars the 1 and 2) look like concept cars. This “concept” doesn’t have anything super crazy that can’t see production. And again, some of the shit (like the glass window showing the orange wiring) in the 1 is concept car kinda stuff. And lastly, typically the purpose of a concept is to preview future design language. This thing is beautiful. The two polestar cars are already amazing, but the evolution of the design language is pretty striking.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #12647
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
That's is hot, found it rendered in other colors.

Wrong car, that’s the MB EQS. You know, from the leader in styling as you put it.

For the record, I think the direction they’re going in with this EQS is worlds better than they’ve done in decades. Even if it is more generic blob than anything.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:18 AM   #12648
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wrong car, that’s the MB EQS. You know, from the leader in styling as you put it.

For the record, I think the direction they’re going in with this EQS is worlds better than they’ve done in decades. Even if it is more generic blob than anything.
Man, someone is salty.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #12649
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

Quote:
That's it?
I'm cool with 400hp... I can already barely utilize the stock power in my 2015 without being way over the speed limit.

A little more interesting is going to be the GR86 using this motor (discussed a few pages ago) and the likelihood of it making 500whp with bolt-ons & E85. Seeing as the STI is going to have 400hp I wonder if the GR86/ WRX will be making at least 300hp?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:53 PM   #12650
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Seeing as the STI is going to have 400hp I wonder if the GR86/ WRX will be making at least 300hp?
No way the 86 would be 300hp as that eclipses the 4cyl Supra. Detuned version if anything.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #12651
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
No way the 86 would be 300hp as that eclipses the 4cyl Supra. Detuned version if anything.
The 2020 WRX makes more HP than the GR Supra 2.0.

If they do actually end up making a 2.4T GR86 I'm pretty sure it's going to make over 255hp, but of course that's just my speculation.

On another note... What type of person is the GR Supra 2.0 even marketed to?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #12652
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

On another note... What type of person is the GR Supra 2.0 even marketed to?
Broke Socialists.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:43 AM   #12653
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/25/...nce-crossover/

The GLA 45 debuts with 385 hp. No price but it’s going to be north of $50k (probably $55). So a STi with 400hp at $45k sounds just about right.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:16 AM   #12654
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/25/...nce-crossover/

The GLA 45 debuts with 385 hp. No price but it’s going to be north of $50k (probably $55). So a STi with 400hp at $45k sounds just about right.
S Version makes 416hp.

Price is $53k

Remember back in the 90's when a Subaru WRX STI made 280hp when the typical V8 squeezed out less then 250hp?
Old 02-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #12655
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Who the hell is track racing their crossover anyways? So ridiculous.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #12656
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Who the hell is track racing their crossover anyways? So ridiculous.
So dumb. You can’t autox crossover/suvs if I’m not mistaken.

Wagons ftw.
Old 02-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #12657
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
So dumb. You can’t autox crossover/suvs if I’m not mistaken.

Wagons ftw.
The douchebag aggressive freeway/highway SUV driver has increased in number and has increased demand for "nicer" cars. This is probably the effect of that, sadly.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #12658
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Broke Socialists.

Don't bring that in here.

Quote:
I'm cool with 400hp... I can already barely utilize the stock power in my 2015 without being way over the speed limit.

A little more interesting is going to be the GR86 using this motor (discussed a few pages ago) and the likelihood of it making 500whp with bolt-ons & E85. Seeing as the STI is going to have 400hp I wonder if the GR86/ WRX will be making at least 300hp?
I wonder if it would maintain UEL's or go with equal length like the WRX has? It would be the first STI without the subie sound.

The STI is LONG overdue for a new engine. The ej is tired af.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:45 AM   #12659
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Don't bring that in here.
https://www.supercars.net/blog/2021-...-at-full-spec/

The 2.0 is for the more tax burden and emission controlled parts of the world. That cost difference be comes a canyon when you include annual registration fees, congestion tolls and $3/litre of premium petrol.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:48 AM   #12660
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
The STI is LONG overdue for a new engine. The ej is tired af.