Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-22-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Bride Zeta/Stradia XL vs Recaro SPG XL

Hey guys

Hoping someone with experience with both seats can help me out. I am looking for seat that can accomodate harnesses and lower my seating position (car is a 370Z)

I test fit a Recaro SPG XL and everything fits perfectly EXCEPT the harness pass-through holes are too low - the top of the hole is just below the top of my shoulder and the Recaro dealer strongly advised against using a 4/5 point harness with that fitment, as the harness will be deflected and also be too low

I was unable to find someone locally with a Zeta XL, or another seat that was recommended, a Stradia XL.

Can anyone tell me if the harness holes on either Bride seat side higher than the SPG XL?

I also see Bride just showed the Zeta IV and noted it has "enlarged" harness holes, but no measurements are available yet and i think only a couple samples are floating out there
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
loser101
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
loser101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to loser101
Cannot really help but out curiosity how tall are you?
Old 10-22-2019, 05:52 PM   #3
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
5'11, 235 lbs

I tested the Recaro at Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley, apparently the oldest Recaro retailer in the US. Their warehouse backs up the claim, they had a shitload of seats AND all sorts of rail/bracket parts.

They can build me a custom rail to get low, which is why i was looking forward to going with them

The other options are Sparco EVO 2/3 but folks have had problems getting that low in the z34
Old 10-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
loser101
Leaky Injector

Yeah I went there too. I barely fit in the SPG XL but they said should be okay for me.
I am 6' 240 pounds, all torso though.

Funny part is they said they never seen some one barely fit in the SPG XL.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:56 AM   #5
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Waist size is the most important factor.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
OptionZero
Post Whore!

as i said, the waist in the SPG XL is fine

i still need proper harness fitment, unless i use a factory belt
Old 10-23-2019, 11:12 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
as i said, the waist in the SPG XL is fine

i still need proper harness fitment, unless i use a factory belt
I have no advice for you, but welcome back. I haven’t seen you pop up in awhile.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #8
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Use the factory seat belt, unless you will be doing more track time than street driving.

5 11, 235 seems avg for an american male on the good ol american diet.

But I feel that they make their seats for the avg. Japanese dude. An XL seat for a bigger than normal Japanese male is probably still smaller than 5 11, 235.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:18 AM   #9
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The Height of Bride Zeta XL is 880mm, the Stradia XL is 860mm, the height of the Recaro SPG XL is 860mm which its the height that you need since the holes are too low. Since the Zeta IV( looks horrible to me) is coming out Bride is discontinuing basically all the Gen 3 seats DEC.1.. You should be able to get a killer deal soon... hope that helps
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #10
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I have no advice for you, but welcome back. I haven’t seen you pop up in awhile.
Always fond of Zilvia, glad it's still going strong but i sold my S14. I loved that car but it was so old and small things kept cropping up.

I bought an IS300 for daily and a 370Z nismo for weekend. the Z is pretty easy to modify and thus far it's been reliable even with bolt ons and full suspension

The interior headspace is the only flaw thus far in whats otherwise been an enjoyable ownership experience

this is me now:

Old 10-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #11
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
The Height of Bride Zeta XL is 880mm, the Stradia XL is 860mm, the height of the Recaro SPG XL is 860mm which its the height that you need since the holes are too low. Since the Zeta IV( looks horrible to me) is coming out Bride is discontinuing basically all the Gen 3 seats DEC.1.. You should be able to get a killer deal soon... hope that helps
Where are you getting 860 mm for the height on the Recaro?

I had been relying on this:

Old 10-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Where are you getting 860 mm for the height on the Recaro?

I had been relying on this:

oh man i guess i was looking at the wrong chart
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:24 AM   #13
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OMP makes the WRC-R XL (920mm tall).

https://www.ompamerica.com/en_us/car...ts/wrc-xl.html

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #14
loser101
Leaky Injector

I stopped by wine country motorsport to try some seats. I have the same problem as you. For me the Sparco EVO II QRT and the Racetech RT4119WT fit better than the Recaro.

The racetech is better fit but that seat is huge and i have no idea how it would if in a s14 or a 370z. The Sparco is almost perfect but i think I will have to take the cushion out when I wear a hans device.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #15
OptionZero
Post Whore!

when did you go? I was just there on Friday!

so, the Sparco EVO II QRT is perfect, fits the body and has holes high enough. Its also under $1k so its a pretty good option

the only variable left is rails - i need to gain about an inch of headspace so its doubtful i can use sliders, but i'm not happy to have to used fixed positioning. The Sparco rails are actually made by Planted. I sorta wanna try the Pro Car Innovations ones

OTOH - i really want a RED seat (nismo Z interior has red . . .), and this is black/teal only.

At SEMA, Sparco announced a revamped EVO QRT line, so it now has 4 sizes - S, regular, L, and XL. no further info announced yet

ALSO, Bride Japan's website lists Zeta IV XL as a new model coming in, but LOT-USA responded to my email and said no dimensions have been revealed

It seems like the best course is to wait a month or to for Sparco and Bride to release more info before deciding - its not like the 2019 EVO II QRT is running out of stock.

The EVO 2 QRT has a 915mm height , about 35mm taller than a Bride; however, i have seen people mount the EVO II US and EVO III (non-QRT) in the Z34 so it will fit, even if its a bitch

On an S14, i have no idea. The S14 cabin is shaped differently then the Z34 - the Z has a lower seating position imo but the hatch creates a downward sloping headrest toward the rear, which is an annoying feature
Old 11-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #16
loser101
Leaky Injector

I was there on Saturday.

I am tempted to just get the Sparco EVO II QRT summit racing has them for $650 and I have a few track days left this year.

I am also very tired of bending my neck every time I drive the car...

If you do get around to trying those new seats please update the thread because if those other seats fit better I may get it as a 2nd seat.