Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:51 AM   #12211
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

I’d argue it’s Mazda and Toyota is a runner up. Toyota has one more sports car then Mazda but virtually everything else Mazda offers is designed to be the sportiest vehicle in its segment. Plus their designs are so bold.

I do give credit to Akio Toyoda though for trying to do the same thing with Toyota. The 2000’s and first half is the 2010’s were an extremely stale time at Toyota. The sportiness of the Camry and Avalon, the 86 and Supra happening, that’s all him.
I just want to be clear that I meant Toyota is the most interesting manufacturer
to me today. In part because of the shifts they’ve made in the last couple of years. The supra and 86 are more obvious examples. the corrola and camry a represent move forwards, even though I still prefer the alternatives from honda..

Toyota still makes some very strange choices, like making a $42k Avalon TRD trim and not bringing over the grmn yaris, but for the most part they are doing a lot more interesting and positive things than not.

Mazda’s not really my thing. I like the miata a lot but thats it. it seems clear to that their intention is to move upscale and something like a mazdaspeed 3 is considered immature. Its also not much of a stretch to see them phasing out manuals earlier. theres a real lack in appeal when the only mazda 3 with a stick now is some bloated 27k higher optioned trim. id rather go for a corrolla hatch or civic closer to 20k. i get some people are crazy for the brand, but its also not for everyone.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 09:13 PM   #12212
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I just want to be clear that I meant Toyota is the most interesting manufacturer

to me today. In part because of the shifts they’ve made in the last couple of years. The supra and 86 are more obvious examples. the corrola and camry a represent move forwards, even though I still prefer the alternatives from honda..

Toyota still makes some very strange choices, like making a $42k Avalon TRD trim and not bringing over the grmn yaris, but for the most part they are doing a lot more interesting and positive things than not.
I don't see any shifts.

They are making the same stubborn uninspired products for the last 25 years now.

Camry and Corolla just LOOK sportier.

Tacoma is a retread of the 2005 truck with minimal upgrades.

Tundra is a virtually unchanged product now.

BRZFGT-should have been a Celica, but is a limp wrist, half measure Subaru partnership. Why we didn't get a proper engine is baffling, and it sounds like the next Gen will also not have a prosper engine option.

Zupra is an embarrassing badge swap and now Toyota wants to partner with Porsche?

Talk about a lazy, incapable company. They are the third largest automaker in the world with one of the largest luxury brands.. And can't find a way to cross platform share cars and engines internally? Why are they not collaborating with Lexus on joint sports cars and sedans?

GM is giving us a God Damn Mid Engine, DOHC Twin Turbo V8 Hyper Car for what maybe under six figures... Toyota a rebagded Z4 Coupe with a Dodge Chargers automatic transmission...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #12213
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
GM is giving us a God Damn Mid Engine, DOHC Twin Turbo V8 Hyper Car for what maybe under six figures... Toyota a rebagded Z4 Coupe with a Dodge Chargers automatic transmission...
you make a good point sir and i would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:37 AM   #12214
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I love seeing you vaginas get your panties in a twist about the SUPRA. Show us on the doll where BMW touched you.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #12215
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
I love seeing you vaginas get your panties in a twist about the SUPRA. Show us on the doll where BMW touched you.
The wheel bolts. The fucking wheel bolts that Toyota was to damn lazy to replace with a 5x114.3 Studded Hub.

Even as a BMW, Toyota was to lazy to give us a MT86 Transmission (aka Mustang) that is available on the Z4 nor the 7spd DCT found in the M-spec cars. We get the basic bitch Dodge Charger 8spd.

And before you go posting up TRC videos and everyone else gushing over the car and modding it..

They are doing it for profit. The 2m views pay for the car and project. Shops are desperate for anything right now. The JDM scene is dead and modding cars is not what it was 20 years ago. So of course tuners and shops are going to seize up on the only new "Japanese" performance car in what... 10 years?
Old 09-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #12216
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
I’ve really come around to the Supra. I’d be genuinely interested in buying one of they made a manual.

That was until Chevy announced the C8. Fuck it, even a base ass one is such a giant leap from the Supra I just can’t even think about the Supra any more.

Last edited by exitspeed; 09-06-2019 at 03:58 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #12217
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I’ve really come around to the Supra. I’d be genuinely interested in buying one of they made a manual.

That was until Chevy announced the C8. Fuck it, even a vase ass one is such a giant leap from the Supra I just can’t even think about the Supra any more.
New Supra isn't even a fucking Tagra.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #12218
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:30 AM   #12219
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yeah the aftermarket for the C8 is going to be killer.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #12220
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah the aftermarket for the C8 is going to be killer.
Thoughts of the C8 ZR1 give me chills.

The C7 is just stupid amazing and has to be seen in person to appreciate. This is what the Zupra should have been.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #12221
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Thoughts of the C8 ZR1 give me chills.
Im thinking it should be on par with a GT2 RS on the Nurburgring
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #12222
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbic View Post
the wheel bolts. The fucking wheel bolts that toyota was to damn lazy to replace with a 5x114.3 studded hub.

Even as a bmw, toyota was to lazy to give us a mt86 transmission (aka mustang) that is available on the z4 nor the 7spd dct found in the m-spec cars. We get the basic bitch dodge charger 8spd.

And before you go posting up trc videos and everyone else gushing over the car and modding it..

They are doing it for profit. The 2m views pay for the car and project. Shops are desperate for anything right now. The jdm scene is dead and modding cars is not what it was 20 years ago. So of course tuners and shops are going to seize up on the only new "japanese" performance car in what... 10 years?

i like the way you move!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #12223
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #12224
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Holy shit the train wreck over at Nissan just gets worse and worse. The fucking CEO resigned over dubious payments. It’ll be a month until a replacement is announced. There’s is just no good news coming out of Nissan as of late.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/09/...gns-successor/

Also, just read a long term review of the QX50 with the variable compression engine and it was NOT positive. It failed to provide more power or better fuel economy. And over all the car was just eh.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #12225
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/09/09/...rt-motor-show/

Here comes the onslaught. This is when it’s going to get tough for Tesla. Sure they have loyal fans, but nothing like VW and Porsche. While not anone to one competitor to the Model 3, it’s close enough to make a serious dent in sales.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:34 AM   #12226
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
^^ Not announced for US "yet." That would be a mistake, because that is actually on the prettier AND practical side of the spectrum as far as EVs go.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #12227
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Quote:

Here comes the onslaught. This is when it’s going to get tough for Tesla. Sure they have loyal fans, but nothing like VW and Porsche. While not anone to one competitor to the Model 3, it’s close enough to make a serious dent in sales.
I think the Tacycan will be a great model S conpetitor for clients for who money is no object. For those who cant easily blow another 50k, maybe not. The was a good discussion on Jalopnik.

Finding a good model 3 competitor sadly seems like there’s nothing on the horizon. VW Id is a nice step forwards. Its just seems more like a bmw i3, leaf, or chevy bolt competitor, something that prioritzes low starting cost, range, fuel economy but with low priority as a more balanced, and hpde worthy performance car like the model 3. At the same time, one might make the arguement tesla is missing out on the same market as the leaf, bolt, etc.

this is sorta the issue with tesla model s and model 3 competitors. Theres no direct competiton at similar price point. Its either something higher end like the taycan, i8. on the other end its dorky econoboxes like the leaf or bolt.

i dont know whether to be impressed by tesla or dissapointed by other manufacturers. A lot of people love to hate Telsa, but there’s no denying that right now there’s a painful lack of competition. I’m hoping its going to be less than 5 years before this changes, but its embarassing how things are today. At the same time, Tesla isnt sitting idle either.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #12228
altitude
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
altitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

Great that they are making it RWD like Teslas. I feel it's directly targeted at the Model 3 they even call it ID3

They should make a "Corrado" version of this and call it the IDx
Old 09-17-2019, 06:19 AM   #12229
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 09-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #12230
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Ehhhh...asian trucks dont excite me...show me a ford or better a silverado..ill be a happy man
Old 09-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #12231
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Regular cab truck =/= coupe. Also, only a dink would put mud tires on a truck so obviously street-oriented. Cool Forza build, stupid real-life build.

I can't believe any of y'all are fucking with anything modern and sporty. It's all such blandness.

The C8 looks like a Chinese knock-off of a supercar. If that exact design had come out of Geely, Chery or BYD, everyone would have been laughing- but since it came from Corvette, everyone's cheering. Is that what the world's come to- applauding fast and cheap over something actually engaging to look at and drive? I'd rather have something special and not that fast than something GM's going to crank out at the rate of 20-35k per year.

$60k buys a very nice R8 V8 manual. That's a car worth lusting after. I suppose the C8 is great if you're a successful plumber.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #12232
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I agree the c8 looks generic but so far there hasnt been any reviews with how it drives. Chances are its not likely to be considerable worse than the C7. Got to test drive a base grand sport c7 manual earier this year, thought it was awesome. Of course they arent for everyone.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #12233
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
$60k buys a very nice R8 V8 manual. That's a car worth lusting after. I suppose the C8 is great if you're a successful plumber.
German cars are crap. VAG especially so. 0/10. Would only own to beat the crap out of and then scrap.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:00 PM   #12234
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
Regular cab truck =/= coupe. Also, only a dink would put mud tires on a truck so obviously street-oriented. Cool Forza build, stupid real-life build.

I can't believe any of y'all are fucking with anything modern and sporty. It's all such blandness.

The C8 looks like a Chinese knock-off of a supercar. If that exact design had come out of Geely, Chery or BYD, everyone would have been laughing- but since it came from Corvette, everyone's cheering. Is that what the world's come to- applauding fast and cheap over something actually engaging to look at and drive? I'd rather have something special and not that fast than something GM's going to crank out at the rate of 20-35k per year.

Do you vape bruh?
Old 09-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #12235
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
German cars are crap. VAG especially so. 0/10. Would only own to beat the crap out of and then scrap.
R8 looks like an over priced TT with Carbon Fiber panels.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:07 PM   #12236
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29940/...s-coupe-report
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #12237
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Do you vape bruh?
No, but I second-hand smoke like a motherfucker.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:10 PM   #12238
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Fuck. Yes.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:12 PM   #12239
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post

Must be rotary!! No inline 6
Old 09-19-2019, 08:40 PM   #12240
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

$45k seems alright for a 350hp coupe. hoping it'll be more rx-7 than rx-8. hope it's not some 'upscale' old farts' boulevard cruiser.

I do like mazda offering to restore NA's, although for the $40k asking price, it's a tough sell. Would love to get another hardtop NA.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/29942/...ection-for-40k