Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
New Product from Yashio Factory

R35 Injector Kit for SR20s keeping stock plenum...

I've been seeing this on a lot of cars lately in Japan. Its actually really cool affordable product. 1k Yen for S13 or 1.9K Yen for S14/S15

Looks like the atomization of the R35 injector way better than standard and I believe from what I read the injector control is better than obviously our 20 year old injectors

Thought it looked like an awesome kit

http://yashiofactory.co.jp/?page_id=374

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lpnwoh5T3I
Old 08-13-2019, 10:15 AM   #2
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
so $2k to run 570cc injectors?
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Ken def misquoted the price

105,000Y so yes about 1k for the adapter... not cheap lol

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
thats very cool that they're still developing new product for such an old engine.

if you get better atomization out of a r35 570 than you do a nismo or denso/sti 550, you'll get a better burn and more complete burn in the combustion chamber, less wasted fuel, etc. Yes its expensive, but i'd take the trade in efficiency for only $1k

we're just used to 240 ppl being peasants.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Ken def misquoted the price

105,000Y so yes about 1k for the adapter... not cheap lol
S15.14用 ¥198,000-税別 nah its 1.9k yen for S14 and S15 lines.

It includes injectors, lines, rails, fpr, 2 rail adapters, an barb fittings etc.....

Its a full kit.

Yeah I guess for 550, pretty pricey, but those R35 injectors are like $150 a piece......
Old 08-14-2019, 09:15 AM   #6
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
You can get a radium rail/FPR and ID1050 for that... and it's not pink
Old 08-14-2019, 11:42 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
You can get a radium rail/FPR and ID1050 for that... and it's not pink
That's the whole point of buying Yashio stuff!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
atomization, hmm
thoughts

1. the injector does not spray through an open intake valve in a factory installation, instead the fuel is injected to the closed intake valve in order to warm the fuel by virtue of cooling the valve.
I am not sure it is a good idea to set the injector timing for low speed operation to post-overlap (after intake valve opens) for a number of reasons. Perhaps the valve will run hotter now (its almost a certainty). Perhaps the fuel is more likely to wash down the cylinder walls (being that it is injected cooler, it didn't get a chance to warm on the valve). So atomization improvements are welcome if the fuel is being directly injected to the cylinder through an open valve. That said, how will you be SURE yours is doing that in an installation to take advantage of this slight benefit?

2. If the injector timing is set to spray through open intake valve, the spray duration can only be very short (just until the valve closes) so this is merely a low-speed property (atomization is only useful at low engine speeds and low/cruise situations). Anytime the engine is using say 30% or more (more engine load, starting to make power) of it's injector "duty cycle" it means the injector is on much more often, so there is no way to avoid closed-intake valve injection for the majority of situations. In other words, atomization improvements are welcome but only for the extremely low speed/output situations where injection duty cycle is at it's lowest ranges and only if the injection is timed to begin exactly after the exhaust valve has already closed. In many applications one needs to degree the cam, then perform a calculation using the actual closing degree of exhaust lobe to get the maximum 'window' for injection.

personal opinion
I'll never use a sub 1000cc injector again on an sr20 lol
and I'll never own a sub 500hp 2.0L either, the turbo tech has really gotten good enough you can say that now
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #9
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hmmmm interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
someone asked for an elaboration of the injector comment,

How to choose injectors in 2019

In the past, say from 1995~ to 2002~ roughly. It was a very good idea to match the size of the injector to the exact power you expected to make for street cars, because it gave the best resolution in the fuel map for daily driving and economy features, and if you wanted something larger say 80lb/hr+ you were usually stuck using low impedance units with poor control for low speed operation. It punished you hard for choosing a huge injector if you didn't actually need one.

However, injectors are remarkably easier to control these days, and computer-microprocessors have become more reliable and much faster as well. Circuitry (injector drivers, amplifiers, techniques and basic ICU for controlling voltage signal) has improved.
What that means is you no longer need to suffer when using larger injectors.
You can now buy 1000CC, 1400CC, probably even 2000CC injectors that will run and drive fairly well in a daily driver application, especially when using high volume flow fuels like E85.

If that wasn't enough, there are two other benefits to using a much larger injector than needed for the application:
1. The injector driver will run cooler during max output, thus it will be more reliable, the injectors will be at a lower duty cycle using larger injectors.
2. larger injectors give more weight to injector timing curves, since more fuel is injected in the same amount of time, more fuel can be fit into a short window.

And lets not forget room to grow is on the table
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #11
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd suggest if you're running pump fuel to stay in the 1300cc range and below. You should only run bigger than that if you're going to be running e85 or race fuel.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:29 PM   #12
Myogi

Trader Rating: (0)
Myogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Amazing stuff here.
Love me some Yashio.

Have a good one,

Myogi.
Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #13
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
atomization, hmm
thoughts

1. the injector does not spray through an open intake valve in a factory installation, instead the fuel is injected to the closed intake valve in order to warm the fuel by virtue of cooling the valve.
I am not sure it is a good idea to set the injector timing for low speed operation to post-overlap (after intake valve opens) for a number of reasons. Perhaps the valve will run hotter now (its almost a certainty). Perhaps the fuel is more likely to wash down the cylinder walls (being that it is injected cooler, it didn't get a chance to warm on the valve). So atomization improvements are welcome if the fuel is being directly injected to the cylinder through an open valve. That said, how will you be SURE yours is doing that in an installation to take advantage of this slight benefit?

2. If the injector timing is set to spray through open intake valve, the spray duration can only be very short (just until the valve closes) so this is merely a low-speed property (atomization is only useful at low engine speeds and low/cruise situations). Anytime the engine is using say 30% or more (more engine load, starting to make power) of it's injector "duty cycle" it means the injector is on much more often, so there is no way to avoid closed-intake valve injection for the majority of situations. In other words, atomization improvements are welcome but only for the extremely low speed/output situations where injection duty cycle is at it's lowest ranges and only if the injection is timed to begin exactly after the exhaust valve has already closed. In many applications one needs to degree the cam, then perform a calculation using the actual closing degree of exhaust lobe to get the maximum 'window' for injection.

personal opinion
I'll never use a sub 1000cc injector again on an sr20 lol
and I'll never own a sub 500hp 2.0L either, the turbo tech has really gotten good enough you can say that now
Quote:
someone asked for an elaboration of the injector comment,

How to choose injectors in 2019

In the past, say from 1995~ to 2002~ roughly. It was a very good idea to match the size of the injector to the exact power you expected to make for street cars, because it gave the best resolution in the fuel map for daily driving and economy features, and if you wanted something larger say 80lb/hr+ you were usually stuck using low impedance units with poor control for low speed operation. It punished you hard for choosing a huge injector if you didn't actually need one.

However, injectors are remarkably easier to control these days, and computer-microprocessors have become more reliable and much faster as well. Circuitry (injector drivers, amplifiers, techniques and basic ICU for controlling voltage signal) has improved.
What that means is you no longer need to suffer when using larger injectors.
You can now buy 1000CC, 1400CC, probably even 2000CC injectors that will run and drive fairly well in a daily driver application, especially when using high volume flow fuels like E85.

If that wasn't enough, there are two other benefits to using a much larger injector than needed for the application:
1. The injector driver will run cooler during max output, thus it will be more reliable, the injectors will be at a lower duty cycle using larger injectors.
2. larger injectors give more weight to injector timing curves, since more fuel is injected in the same amount of time, more fuel can be fit into a short window.

And lets not forget room to grow is on the table
does every post of yours need to be 6 pages long? come on man... its 2020 we aint got time for all that reading n shit
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #14
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
does every post of yours need to be 6 pages long? come on man... its 2020 we aint got time for all that reading n shit
i asked him to elaborate, I like learning/ reading concepts.
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:48 PM   #15
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Just stumbled on this thread after a random google search for SR20 injectors...

After tuning hundreds or engines with a huge range of uses/power outputs including SR20de, det, ve and vet I think it is very important to help shed some light on injector options.

Hands down the best injectors on the market are Injector Dynamics and in most cases the ID1050 sr20 injectors are more than enough for most SR builds and will out perform something like OEM r35 injectors across the board when tuned with a modern ECU such as Motec m1, AEM Infinity or Haltech Elite.

If some one tries to sell you another injectors option i would highly recommend taking a step back and work with a supplier/tuner that understands the importance of running ID injectors.

***If you have a used/free set of R35 injectors or other that are dead set on using SEND THEM OUT FOR SERVICE (cleaning and flow test). You do not want to waste your first tuning session $$$ trouble shooting a dirty set of injectors!
Old 06-04-2021, 05:54 AM   #16
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
atomization, hmm
thoughts (atomization is only useful at low engine speeds and low/cruise situations).
This statement is bullshit. Atomization is the reason direct injection engines make more power than port injection engines. They do so because they atomize the fuel much better, thus having a more consistent and stable fuel burn, allowing the optimization of fueling and timing. Better atomization is always an advantage, across the entire rpm band and at any power level.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #17
slider2828
Post Whore!

Yeah I am looking for a set of ID1050x..... anyone got a hook up.

@poorman love how you read into the details
Old 06-04-2021, 05:21 PM   #18
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Yeah I am looking for a set of ID1050x..... anyone got a hook up.

@poorman love how you read into the details

Honestly for the same price you might as well just buy the newest id1300x injectors. Especially if you have any e85 plans at all. They?ll perform just as well at low duty cycle as the old 1000?s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:42 PM   #19
slider2828
Post Whore!

Nah no plans on E85.... Not that readily available + I would need to convert my lift pump and lines to E85 compatible....

Meh... not worth.... on 400 to 450 WHP on GT2871R 86.... 1050 more than enough I think on 100oct
Old 06-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #20
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Nah no plans on E85.... Not that readily available + I would need to convert my lift pump and lines to E85 compatible....

Meh... not worth.... on 400 to 450 WHP on GT2871R 86.... 1050 more than enough I think on 100oct
Yes, 1050 are more than capable. People also forgot that increasing base pressure increases fuel injector CC?s. You can always adjust up to a degree. I wouldn?t suggest running 73psi base though.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:20 PM   #21
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunermt View Post

If some one tries to sell you another injectors option i would highly recommend taking a step back and work with a supplier/tuner that understands the importance of running ID injectors.

can you elaborate on why ID injectors are superior to other brands such as desno or other quality brands at the same cc rating?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:59 AM   #22
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
can you elaborate on why ID injectors are superior to other brands such as desno or other quality brands at the same cc rating?
- run in process: ID runs the injectors for a period of time to ensure accurate measurements in step 2

- all injectors (Bosch Motorsport) are then flow tested with a very unique system utilizing some Motec hardware.

-injectors that don?t meet ID standards are scrapped
-injectors that do meet ID standards are then grouped/packaged with the closest matching injectors. (This means if you need a single injector replaced you should check the serial numbers from your 3 other injectors and purchase the exact matching injector for the set.)

After tuning so many cars on so many different injectors over the years I can honestly say ID?s are the best option available.