Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-29-2019, 05:12 PM   #12001
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
On another note I was pleasantly surprised with the Tesla 3. seems like not such a bad deal at $35k or so with it being rwd and getting decent accelration ans handling. they dont have any competitors right now and in the forseeable future with their 3. with more charging stations and longer battery range, it could be a far more compelling buy for most. still range at 250-300 miles right now for the 3, thats still than most would realistically need.
The $35K model doesn't even exist. You can supposedly order it in person at a dealership. You wont receive the car. You'll get some BS runaround and eventually you'll lose interest or you'll buy the actual cheapest model which costs $40k. Elon claims to have delivered several $35k cars as software option locked $40k models. Who TF builds a $40k car and then software locks it to sell it for less?

EVs are great cars that sell themselves. The Tesla engineers have done an incredible job on the car. Elon Musk, unfortunately, seems hell bent on running the company into the ground. People are getting really tired of Tesla's horrible customer service, the constant price fluctuations on the new cars and full self driving options, and most of all, Elon's empty promises.

There is a reason Tesla's stock has absolutely, positively tanked in the past year. Every single automaker has aggressive plans for EVs. Nobody will need to put up with Tesla's BS anymore.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #12002
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Its true the cheapest model 3 is 40k. I should have added I think theres currently a 3.5k federal rebate and 2.5k CA rebate. Not sure if other states are different.

Im no fan at all of Elon & their reliability issues are worrisome. Nonetheless I do think the tesla 3 is a really good start and sets a positive precident for an EV that seems reasonably fun to drive, fast, gets decent range, does not start off with an astronomically high price, nor is it the dweeb mobile like the bolt, leaf, or bmw i3, or some SUV.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #12003
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Render is ugly AF, but I think this is interesting news...
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...n-musk-claims/
Old 06-04-2019, 08:43 PM   #12004
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Yeah, that is disgusting. But a BeV pickup would be neat. I like the supermotos that are out too. Even dirtbikes. Elec is def the future. I just hope companies like Tesla are still around to make driving fun.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 09:52 PM   #12005
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That looks more like a truck made by Whirlpool, not Tesla
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:28 AM   #12006
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Elon over promising again. He says it’ll be a better trick than the F-50 and a better sports car than the 911 and for $49k. He’s a moron.

Bet the first version available is $60k+ and the $49k one won’t be available for 2 years.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #12007
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Elon is alot of things, but no moron. The guy made his first millions inventing an online phone book. Truck looks bad, but production model will look better.
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:34 AM   #12008
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
That looks more like a truck made by Whirlpool, not Tesla
I was going to say it looks like a life size transformer toy that folds out to something else. But it's not the most recent render.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #12009
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Well that looks much better.

With the way the car manufacturers have been operating lately, it looked as though Whirlpool was going to make trucks with Maytag chassis's and engines.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:03 PM   #12010
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I guess I am the weird one as I kinda like the Tesla render.

No way it will be faster than a 911 for that price though.

Tesla is novel but I see them going the way of Fisker eventually.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #12011
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I guess I am the weird one as I kinda like the Tesla render.

No way it will be faster than a 911 for that price though.

Tesla is novel but I see them going the way of Fisker eventually.
Hmm that's a unique take. Karma is still making veh but not trying to be at the production levels of Tesla. As long as Tesla can keep its shareholders happy I foresee them being around a long while. And if not, at least SpaceX is doing cool things. And dat tunnel under Cali doe.

Caption: "I wonder if I should get that sequential trans I've been thinking about for the S."
Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #12012
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Hmm that's a unique take. Karma is still making veh but not trying to be at the production levels of Tesla. As long as Tesla can keep its shareholders happy I foresee them being around a long while. And if not, at least SpaceX is doing cool things. And dat tunnel under Cali doe.

Caption: "I wonder if I should get that sequential trans I've been thinking about for the S."
Karma is only still making vwhicles due to bankruptcy and complete reorganization.
They were a complete financial failure and their future is still not proven.

I for one do not feel all electric vehicles are the future. No one is talking about the Elephant in the room. The amount of juice it would take to run everyones cars if they were all Electric. Ya people say solar but even with Solar its already been shown that it can not even cover a decent grid.
You are basically going to have to build more natural gas electric plants which will contribute to fossil fuel emissions.

We are better off going down the Hybrid road as you can put small fossil fuel ZEV engines to charge the batteries in the car. Also because you have that the vehicles does not need as large a li on battery pack to achieve longevity. Which translates to less ground pollution with land fill from dead li on batteries.

Plus F1 and supercar manufacturers are proving you can build hybrid performance cars that would make enthuisists happy.

This is why I feel Elon is spitting in the wind with Tesla. Over promise, under achive, reliability issues, autonomous issues, If it was not for government subsidies Tesla would have folded long ago. The most brilliant thing he has done with Tesla is managing to sell the general public that the cars are good. Lol

His real brilliance is with SpaceX which is actually profitable and well on its way to a extremely bright future.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #12013
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
On another note Carlos Ghosns wife is now going public with a interview and saying their was a conspiracy to get rid of him. She is saying that both the Japanese and French governments wanted to do the merger. Lol oh and she is calling on Trump to intervene

Oh man please no!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/04/carl...h-renault.html

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #12014
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Hmm that's a unique take. Karma is still making veh

Are they though? Fisker keeps alleging they are making a sports sedan and some suv but we have yet to see anything.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #12015
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Are they though? Fisker keeps alleging they are making a sports sedan and some suv but we have yet to see anything.
I dispatch roadside and one of the manufactures is Karma so yeah they do haha
Old 06-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #12016
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
On another note Carlos Ghosns wife is now going public with a interview and saying their was a conspiracy to get rid of him. She is saying that both the Japanese and French governments wanted to do the merger. Lol oh and she is calling on Trump to intervene

Oh man please no!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/04/carl...h-renault.html
I belive the motive.

I have no doubt Goshen was courupt and mishandled Nissan.

However I also belive Nissan Executives likely went along with this until it was no longer convient and back stabbed him. Nissans problems are far deeper then a single person.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #12017
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I belive the motive.

I have no doubt Goshen was courupt and mishandled Nissan.

However I also belive Nissan Executives likely went along with this until it was no longer convient and back stabbed him. Nissans problems are far deeper then a single person.
I think its laughable her claim of the Japanese government wanting the merger to happen. Japan is very nationalistic on corporate things. A merger with Renault they would not favor. I think she is a bit delusional. The French delaing with Nissan the way Renault did lead up to this Renault was pissing off the Japanese for awhile. Japanese ar big on honoring agreements and Renault kinda changed the gsme as they went so to speak.

The Japanese definitely wanted Renault out and not just Nissan. If you think they stabbe Ghosn in the back you need to read up on what Renault did. Having been in a long term relationship with a Japanese women and having close Japanese friends since high school. I can tell you that honor and loyalty is big.
In effect Renault did not honor Nissan. With the Japanese everything is fair game prior to agreement once agreement is made one sticks to it. This was hard I am sure for Nissan as Renault flagrantly violated their agreement several times and repeatedly worked to leverage Nissans control away from Nissan. This was not how the original agreement was written and made .
Honestly I say the French did cause this and there is no sympathy from me.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #12018
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

This,

is this
Old 06-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #12019
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I think its the rigid if not xenophopic outlook of nissan’s corporate culture that contributes to their ongoing stagnation. Either they adapt or eventually go out of business. They’re better off merging.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #12020
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
I think its the rigid if not xenophopic outlook of nissan’s corporate culture that contributes to their ongoing stagnation. Either they adapt or eventually go out of business. They’re better off merging.
I don’t know ya Renault makes a hot hatch and tey are in F1 but the French would wash away Nissans heritage without even thinking about it. I think its the wrong company to merge with.

On another note just saw a Toyota commercial for the Supra, complete with lots of drifting while I was watching the Warriors get killed by the Raptors.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 06-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #12021
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Yeah but how much heritage is there even today? Its not the same company it was 20 years back or more.

Id welcome a megane trophy r rebadged as a sentra se-r, because the last sentra nismo was fairly embarrassing. It could be worthy ctr competitor. maybe even make it awd and call it the new pulsar gti-r.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #12022
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I don’t know ya Renault makes a hot hatch and tey are in F1 but the French would wash away Nissans heritage without even thinking about it. I think its the wrong company to merge with.

On another note just saw a Toyota commercial for the Supra, complete with lots of drifting while I was watching the Warriors get killed by the Raptors.
Was it in a pinball machine?

Quote:
Yeah but how much heritage is there even today? Its not the same company it was 20 years back or more.

Id welcome a megane trophy r rebadged as a sentra se-r, because the last sentra nismo was fairly embarrassing. It could be worthy ctr competitor. maybe even make it awd and call it the new pulsar gti-r.
I would dig this. But not AWD
Old 06-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #12023
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Elon is alot of things, but no moron. The guy made his first millions inventing an online phone book. Truck looks bad, but production model will look better.
Elon is a moron. He has made enough good decisions to become wealthy, but the way he runs Tesla is hard to watch. He's running it into the ground at the moment. He makes a wild promise, gets people hype, then doesn't deliver. Constantly doing a bait and switch with customers. The stories that come out on a weekly basis about him and how he's running shit are just bad. His management philosophy is the problem. This article explains it best.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/04...ng-tesla-back/

Oh and here's a couple more recent doozies.

https://electrek.co/2019/06/09/tesla...-3-price-drop/

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/10/...-ratings-slip/
Old 06-10-2019, 08:45 AM   #12024
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://jalopnik.com/another-dyno-te...mor-1835346304

In Supra news: MT dynoed another Supra and the HP was 390hp and 455lb ft at the crank.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:10 PM   #12025
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I dont think Elon is a moron by default, but I suspect he has some pretty serious mental health issues that impede his judgement. maybe a lot of it has to do with pressure he’s under. I dont like the guy as a person at all, and I have to admit he’s accomplished a lot at his age.

with the surpra, my guess is that it more or less is making the same power as the Z4 depsite Toyota sayinf otherwise. the results so far speak for themselves. I’m definitely looking forward to more in depth reviews and to see how it rates against the competiton. should be fairly close to the m2 competition and gt350.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #12026
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Did any one see the entire podcast with Joe Rogan? It's easy to understand him after watching that.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #12027
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

GT500 rated at 760hp, 625lb, under 11 sec 1/4 mile. Wish ford would just post the 1/4 mile times already.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-torque-specs/

I suspect this is going to be around $75-80k depending on the track package. I cringe to think of dealer markups.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #12028
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It’s crazy that a 760hp mustang is barely exciting anymore. Obviously it’s still dope but it’s practically super car unattainable so it doesn’t even doing anything or me.

Yet somehow the manual 414hp Caymen GT4 announced this week (which is more expensive) go me all excited.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #12029
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

I like keeping up with new cars and their technology but I have no interest in buying new again. I bought a new car twice and I'm over it already. One can get such wicked sh*t that is a few years old for great savings and that's what I'm into now.

There are a lot of GT350s and even GT350Rs in my area and those are super wicked. Love that high-revving V8. I even thought the old SC430s could be cool if mani-swapped and made totally hellaflush, yo

I wanna make a drift minitruck too

And ride around with my dirtbikes in the back. Yeet
Old 06-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #12030
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Why do people still want full electric vehicles when it's been proven that it causes more pollution mining the battery materials than will be saved by not having an ICE powered car..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote