Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:46 PM   #11971
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i traded in a 12 boss mustang, non-laguna seca for a 18 zl1-1le.

ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2019, 03:03 PM   #11972
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
oh man, corbic is gonna be PISSED.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:05 PM   #11973
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ooh. The Boss 302 was neat. Definitely in love with the GT350. I even like the regular 5.0 with a mani. I once drove the ecoboost and it was such a lard I was actually pissed off. I was anticipating that for a while and after finally driving it, it was a total waste of time. Felt slower than a Corolla.
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:25 PM   #11974
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
i traded in a 12 boss mustang, non-laguna seca for a 18 zl1-1le.
Damn, that does looks menacing. Good call on the color. The Zl1s I like, I think its the Stance & Sound that gets me. Same goes for the GT350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
oh man, corbic is gonna be PISSED.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:38 PM   #11975
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
That ZL1 1LE is a track monster. Super dope.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:37 PM   #11976
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This explains why the new Supra is so quick. It puts down some decent power even through that auto trans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #11977
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
This explains why the new Supra is so quick. It puts down some decent power even through that auto trans.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartanntp
I’m telling you, if Toyota announces a manual before I order me Vulva wagon I’m ordering one.

Shit ain’t gonna happen though.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #11978
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Definitely not gonna happen. They wouldn't hide that they would offer a mani. New autos might be faster and allow for a huge number of gears for improved fuel economy but they don't give you that entertaining feeling of rowing through the gears. Like a motorcycle, it makes even the most basic of drives around town something fun.

I think I remember the Z4 offered with a manual, though. Perhaps only in Europe (which is just r00de).

What color Supra would you get? In the video I posted on the last page that black one just made me melt. Also like red and white.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:40 AM   #11979
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Definitely not gonna happen. They wouldn't hide that they would offer a mani. New autos might be faster and allow for a huge number of gears for improved fuel economy but they don't give you that entertaining feeling of rowing through the gears. Like a motorcycle, it makes even the most basic of drives around town something fun.

I think I remember the Z4 offered with a manual, though. Perhaps only in Europe (which is just r00de).

What color Supra would you get? In the video I posted on the last page that black one just made me melt. Also like red and white.
It would be between the white with the red mirrors or the matte gray.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:42 AM   #11980
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
with the supra color, Id have to see the paint in person. most likely Id take the yellow although I love the red as well. wish it came in a purple metallic or british racing green.

If one wants a stick and a supra, why not an M2? theres a lot
of lightly used models right around the 50k mark. the only con would be its maybe 200-300 lbs heavier and iirc doesnt have that short wheelbase of the supra. the two cars strike me as being most similar to one another, more so than the pricey and quick in a straight line porsche cayman.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #11981
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl55IpJxqq0

Saw this on Grand Tour and it looks baaaaad. Makes me want an electric 240.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM   #11982
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
Saw this on Grand Tour and it looks baaaaad. Makes me want an electric 240.
^ What episode of TGT? That does look dope.

I want a Factory 5 A/C cobra replica, or Ariel Atom.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #11983
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
with the supra color, Id have to see the paint in person.

It looks so good. Starred at it for a solid 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by exitspeed; 05-22-2019 at 06:33 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #11984
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
with the supra color, Id have to see the paint in person. most likely Id take the yellow although I love the red as well. wish it came in a purple metallic or british racing green.

If one wants a stick and a supra, why not an M2? theres a lot
of lightly used models right around the 50k mark. the only con would be its maybe 200-300 lbs heavier and iirc doesnt have that short wheelbase of the supra. the two cars strike me as being most similar to one another, more so than the pricey and quick in a straight line porsche cayman.
Or a JZ-or-something-swapped FR-S?

I dig the M2s doe. And I was fancying the 135i vert with a mani as well
Old 05-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #11985
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
It looks so good. Starred at it for a solid 15 minutes.

Needs m0ar lOw.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:50 AM   #11986
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So the new Vette doesn’t debut until July. But I just got the new issue of MT and guess what’s inside??

I have NOT seen these pics anywhere. I think this was sent out too early by mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #11987
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
I've seen these renderings.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #11988
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

damn, c8 corvette base models start at 70k now?! I guess it depends how good the base models are. it could have been worse & its also a considerable price increase over the 55-57-ish base price of the c7 right now.

not too crazy about the renderings and Im hopeful it’ll be nicer looking in person.

those of you interested in the c7 corvette, this may be a good time to consider holding out a bit longer. wouldnt be surprised even further great discounts are on the way. would be great if the grand sports hit well below 60k & chevy extends their 72 month 0 % apr.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #11989
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

I just got that MT mag as well. Still finishing last month's doe. Also bought two years of Car & Driver and Road & Track for like 10 doll hairs and now I'm just inundated with automotive material
Old 05-26-2019, 03:01 PM   #11990
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
The C8 is a car that I want! I'll wait for the 3rd year C8. They usually get everything right on the 3rd year plus. I have a C6 but I want a C4 and a C8 also. I need a bigger garage If you get a C7 don't get the one with the A8 tranny. It will blow up if you paddle HAHAHA
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #11991
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey213 View Post
The C8 is a car that I want! I have a C6 but I want a C4 and a C8 also. I need a bigger garage If you get a C7 don't get the one with the A8 tranny. It will blow up if you paddle HAHAHA
C6 is my fave. Love that rear end. And the C4 is very cool as well.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:08 AM   #11992
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

FCA officially trying to merge with Renault. Sounds like Nissan is in rough shape at the moment.

https://jalopnik.com/fiat-chrysler-f...aul-1835046274

Following this closely.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:23 AM   #11993
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Hmm, if only Nissan made another 240sx they wouldn't be in this situation

Sarcasm guys. If you're panties were in a bunch for 0.05 seconds you probably deserve it.

The Auto industry is doing some weird shit and it genuinely scares me.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #11994
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Hmm, if only Nissan made another 240sx they wouldn't be in this situation

Sarcasm guys. If you're panties were in a bunch for 0.05 seconds you probably deserve it.

The Auto industry is doing some weird shit and it genuinely scares me.
Ford, who everyone thought was taking over, is laying off 7,000 people.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #11995
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Ford, who everyone thought was taking over, is laying off 7,000 people.
Trump won't allow it! #WallAroundFord
Old 05-28-2019, 06:36 PM   #11996
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Trump won't allow it! #WallAroundFord

Not the thread for that.

I presume everyone will ignore this.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:49 PM   #11997
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Not the thread for that.

I presume everyone will ignore this.
Everyone ignores the whole site. Conversations take weeks. New to S chassis but late to Zilvia. I guess the fbook groups will need to keep taking over
Old 05-29-2019, 03:36 AM   #11998
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Everyone ignores the whole site. Conversations take weeks. New to S chassis but late to Zilvia. I guess the fbook groups will need to keep taking over
Actually this convo has taken 13 years (and this was actually split from another thread that started earlier). lol

Seriously though this thread has rarely treaded into politics. There's been enough auto industry politics to delve into.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #11999
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Actually this convo has taken 13 years (and this was actually split from another thread that started earlier). lol

Seriously though this thread has rarely treaded into politics. There's been enough auto industry politics to delve into.
Haha. It was just a tiny comment/joke. Not meant to steer the convo any way. He made a thread last night for that now doe.

Is Nissan going to design a 370Z successor in any way to battle with the Supra :think:
Old 05-29-2019, 03:49 PM   #12000
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I wasnt aware ford was doing well. I thought their stock prices were sliding down badly since the early 2010’s. I would very much like their current ceo to be replaced or at least for them to reconsider bringing back the focus rs and fiesta st

if they were investing in EV in autonomous driving considerably, its not something Im aware of. that will bit them in the ass probably if there’s a lack of development there.

On another note I was pleasantly surprised with the Tesla 3. seems like not such a bad deal at $35k or so with it being rwd and getting decent accelration ans handling. they dont have any competitors right now and in the forseeable future with their 3. with more charging stations and longer battery range, it could be a far more compelling buy for most. still range at 250-300 miles right now for the 3, thats still than most would realistically need.