Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #271
afishysilvia
Premium Member
 
afishysilvia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 2,227
Trader Rating: (25)
afishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant futureafishysilvia has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Man garage or married life....lol that’s a tough call. That garage is pretty nice though
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2018, 12:01 AM   #272
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: manasshole, VA
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...this is perfect for the old grumpy assholes thread.

The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages.


I don't associate with many car guys around that age. In my opinion they are usually quick to 'complete' a car because newcomers now have easier access to avenues for parts that were once less-known. They also know who to mimic because they see the lasting impression the 'old heads' have left on this community. It's a recipe that's easy for clout chasers to follow. When the clout runs out, however, they simply hop platforms. I can probably search a few FS threads on here from young guys that built cars and then sold them before they ever really spent time with it. It's the thrill of the hunt and when the hunt is over they want to hunt something else.

Young car 'enthusiasts' are (to me) mostly not genuinely into cars, let alone this platform. There's some degree of interest but the buzz from social media is what they're really enthusiastic about. I don't actively categorize who I interact with according to age because, in all honesty, I think between Zilvia and IG there are only 4 people that I consider to be genuinely in love with these shitty cars and that's spanning a wide range of age groups.

Good points. What really bothers me is how fast people, kids, millennials, etc move on from a project. Like how are these younger cucks owning like 5 or more cars and just continually "building/buying" parts just to turn around and sell it for less. Social media is a real killer on everything that has to do with life in general, kills relationships, hobbies whole nine. Ive always wondered what the car community would be like if there was no social media.

Like it would be nice to find a solid group of guys that genuinely have a passion for these shitty Japanese cars. Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:30 AM   #273
gbaby2089
In time-out for misbehaving.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 796
Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Good points. What really bothers me is how fast people, kids, millennials, etc move on from a project. Like how are these younger cucks owning like 5 or more cars and just continually "building/buying" parts just to turn around and sell it for less. Social media is a real killer on everything that has to do with life in general, kills relationships, hobbies whole nine. Ive always wondered what the car community would be like if there was no social media.

Like it would be nice to find a solid group of guys that genuinely have a passion for these shitty Japanese cars. Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.
"Millennials" "Cucks"

JFC you're stupid.

I'm 26. I own the car I've wanted since childhood. I've been modifying it with quality parts. I'll not sell it.

If you're on zilvia you're most likely a millennial.
If you're buying Weds Cerberus in 17x11 -20, you're definitely a dork who read too much stancenation/hellaflush/canibeat/social media.

Now go learn some insults other than white nationalist bs.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:11 AM   #274
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!
 
tuzzio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 2,068
Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
"Millennials" "Cucks"

JFC you're stupid.

I'm 26. I own the car I've wanted since childhood. I've been modifying it with quality parts. I'll not sell it.

If you're on zilvia you're most likely a millennial.
If you're buying Weds Cerberus in 17x11 -20, you're definitely a dork who read too much stancenation/hellaflush/canibeat/social media.

Now go learn some insults other than white nationalist bs.


I'll never understand why people feel offended certain things that they so openly feel doesn't apply to them.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #275
BryanSayWhat
 
BryanSayWhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 32
Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I'll never understand why people feel offended certain things that they so openly feel doesn't apply to them.
Lemon lames compulsively feel the need to project their lemonade.

If they don't they might disintegrate from all of the sour/ salty internal build up.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #276
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: (31)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
"Millennials" "Cucks"

JFC you're stupid.

I'm 26. I own the car I've wanted since childhood. I've been modifying it with quality parts. I'll not sell it.

If you're on zilvia you're most likely a millennial.
If you're buying Weds Cerberus in 17x11 -20, you're definitely a dork who read too much stancenation/hellaflush/canibeat/social media.

Now go learn some insults other than white nationalist bs.
To be fair, he is somewhat right. You can be both; a millennial who doesn't believe in hard parking. He kinda of just lumped it all in one statement and I also agree with a vast majority of it (I too am young enough to be considered a millennial but wasn't offended as I am self aware enough to know I do not fall into that category).

It's all about Gram likes which happens to mostly reside among millenials so yeah, he isn't wrong...
RalliartRsX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #277
gbaby2089
In time-out for misbehaving.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 796
Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
To be fair, he is somewhat right. You can be both; a millennial who doesn't believe in hard parking. He kinda of just lumped it all in one statement and I also agree with a vast majority of it (I too am young enough to be considered a millennial but wasn't offended as I am self aware enough to know I do not fall into that category).

It's all about Gram likes which happens to mostly reside among millenials so yeah, he isn't wrong...
Hard parking is fine. Those dudes with the sweet 2001 spec show cars & 24234234234 TV's in the trunk? RAD.

I'm saying the dude with 17x11 -20 Weds Cerberus 100% bought those for the clout & is trying to claim some sort of maturity when he's just like every other dork saying ME TOO ME TOO when they see a guy get some level of internet 'fame.'
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #278
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: (31)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Hard parking is fine. Those dudes with the sweet 2001 spec show cars & 24234234234 TV's in the trunk? RAD.

I'm saying the dude with 17x11 -20 Weds Cerberus 100% bought those for the clout & is trying to claim some sort of maturity when he's just like every other dork saying ME TOO ME TOO when they see a guy get some level of internet 'fame.'
So you agree with crzsteveo then . As you stated, the ME TOO ME TOO! crowd is a defining characteristic of the millennial. Actually, that is a defining characteristic of the baby boomer generation as well (which crzsteveo did state "people" in the general sense of the term).

So yeah, you both inadvertently agreed

P.S don't be so quick to the gun. No need to take off years off your life because ZILVIA rage!!
RalliartRsX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:38 PM   #279
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!
 
KoukiMonsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,967
Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
now this is a thread I can get behind.

Old, yes
Grumpy, hell yes
Asshole, often

Carry on.
__________________
@UpshiftEngineering
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:04 PM   #280
gbaby2089
In time-out for misbehaving.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 796
Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
So you agree with crzsteveo then . As you stated, the ME TOO ME TOO! crowd is a defining characteristic of the millennial. Actually, that is a defining characteristic of the baby boomer generation as well (which crzsteveo did state "people" in the general sense of the term).

So yeah, you both inadvertently agreed

P.S don't be so quick to the gun. No need to take off years off your life because ZILVIA rage!!
The thing is, I don't care if people do silly things that they like.

I'm saying crzsteveo IS exactly what he is raging against.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #281
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: (31)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Probably. But that is his right if he wants to do something in that vein.

Also, stop moving the goal posts. He was responding to dizz in regards to "The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages."

He is not wrong in is assertion. We have all been young and made stupid choices. It just so happens that those choices are now associated with blaring it all over social media.

You two basically agree on this very topic. You just went about stating this in different ways

Oh Yeah........GTFO off my well manicured, grass flavored vape, flat brim plant hedge lawn!!!!
RalliartRsX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #282
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 4,753
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
If you're buying Weds Cerberus in 17x11 -20, you're definitely a dork who read too much stancenation/hellaflush/canibeat/social media.
Jesus Christ. Have you ever had an emotion you've felt for a while put into words by someone else? Because this is it.

"BoUgHt tHe cAr FoR tHe WhEeLs, nOt WhEeLs 4 mA cARRRrrR!'

I think a good metaphor would be something along the lines of: they're trying to say they know legit martial arts when they've taken one self-defense class at the community center in their town.
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: RARE/OLD LOGO NISMO
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #283
gbaby2089
In time-out for misbehaving.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 796
Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
We have all been young and made stupid choices.
That's my beef. For as long as there have been people with hobbies, we've been dumb about them in our teens/early twenties.

But yes, I see your point as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Jesus Christ. Have you ever had an emotion you've felt for a while put into words by someone else? Because this is it.
My brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
"BoUgHt tHe cAr FoR tHe WhEeLs, nOt WhEeLs 4 mA cARRRrrR!'

I think a good metaphor would be something along the lines of: they're trying to say they know legit martial arts when they've taken one self-defense class at the community center in their town.
Don't climb in the ring with Ali because you think you can box.

gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #284
deolio
Post Whore!
 
deolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Napa, CA
Age: 30
Posts: 4,319
Trader Rating: (12)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Don't climb in the ring with Ali because you think you can box.
i could beat the shit out of a corpse, but instead let's beat the shit out of this dead horse
__________________
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:14 PM   #285
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!
 
MrMigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Gabriel, CA
Age: 35
Posts: 1,631
Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud ofMrMigs has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Do any of you older heads associate yourselves with the younger crowds? Im 25 and right in the middle and starting to not associate with younger lads unless they are making quality smart decisions about their cars and life.
Of course I associate with younger crowds. You got to pass down the things we've learned. It's like passing the torch or whatever. You don't pass things down and people tend to create some ugly ass shit with poor ideals and flimsy character. I think it's as much our duty as older people to teach as it is for young people to learn.
__________________

Cheap parts for sale: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=534430
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #286
Farzam
Post Whore!
 
Farzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC / Socal
Age: 29
Posts: 5,098
Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Of course I associate with younger crowds. You got to pass down the things we've learned. It's like passing the torch or whatever. You don't pass things down and people tend to create some ugly ass shit with poor ideals and flimsy character. I think it's as much our duty as older people to teach as it is for young people to learn.

Sup, Farzam here, i'm 28. The older cats on zilvia definitely helped me refine my taste and drive myself to further my automotive knowledge. I was forced to do an AMA thread where I would have to answer random people's technical questions, which was actually super helpful because I learned a ton through it. I think it's very important to lead by example. The most important thing to remember is that every younger kid is a shithead who can't listen, and 98% of us were the same way with our parents and elders.

Through various turns of events I have become a parts vendor and I always try to educate my prospective customers whenever they have questions/whenever they wanna listen. Obviously I sell some lower budget stuff to garner entry level clients and because politics, but I won't sell anything I wouldn't use myself under the same pretenses. I'm fb friends with a lot of these scene kids and sometimes I can help them redirect their build to a cleaner, more authentic aesthetic rather than trying to fit the biggest lips/wing and failing miserably. Other times they just wanna kill the instagame and it is what it is.

A lot of the people who do cringey shit just want attention and will get out of the car scene in a few years anyways when they knock some ig model up or affirm puts them into claims for nonpayment. Let's just hope they don't ruin too many cool cars before then. You can't save everybody.
__________________
loading HATERS.....99% ███████████████]
Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #287
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 4,753
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post

1.) The most important thing to remember is that every younger kid is a shithead who can't listen, and 98% of us were the same way with our parents and elders.

2.) I'm fb friends with a lot of these scene kids and sometimes I can help them redirect their build to a cleaner, more authentic aesthetic rather than trying to fit the biggest lips/wing and failing miserably. Other times they just wanna kill the instagame and it is what it is.

3.) Let's just hope they don't ruin too many cool cars before then. You can't save everybody.
1.) I don't think it was ever like that for me. When I came to this forum with pictures of my first S13, I posted in the wrong spot and got the usual response. I didn't argue, I didn't call anyone an asshole, I made a joke and moved on. I just think it's how people are raised: if you want to become a member of a community you take your lumps (in stride) and try to be a good person...not a self-righteous cunt who wants to post shit in all the wrong sections because 'rules are antiquated' or whatever. I'm 29 and work with a ton of young people in the military. The vast majority are entitled little shits. It might be a generation thing. I get it, people my age are still considered millennials but I'd argue that this shit start with people my younger brother's age (currently 23).

2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.

In a lot of ways it's not so much them, but the people in their comments that get to me.

3.) I feel like this has already happened.

Some more food for thought:

- People selling S15 shit in the marketplace are either stupid as fuck or trying to rip people off. It seems like the term 'S15' is always accompanied by 'SpecR' and any moron can tell you that the fucking cars are all the same besides the motor. So a steering wheel is a steering wheel, not a SpecR steering wheel. For fuck's sake.

- StanceNation dudebro's car. Is anyone else sick of seeing it or is it just me? When you're connected in the car industry is it really that astounding to see a clean car on Work wheels when you have connects at Work?

- Dickriding on IG stories. Fuck dude all I see in IG stories are other people's cars nowadays. We've moved from slanging our own cocks to slanging everyone else's'.

- ...parts/wheel/car prices. It's always a razor's edge thing with me: feel like I owe someone the service of telling them shit is marked drastically up or keep my mouth shut and hope to profit when I need to make some extra cash fast.
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: RARE/OLD LOGO NISMO
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #288
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 4,753
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
On the subject of clean kouki S13s popping up: I'm torn. I'm super happy that people are saving cars but at the same time the response to this occurrence is so overly 'dickrider-esque' that it's cringe-worthy. It shouldn't be a national holiday when someone does the 'right' thing by not fucking up a car.

I'm sorry guys I'm feeling like I'm 29 going on 56 today or some shit. Fuck.

EDIT:

turboshoebox was the start of this thread. In a lot of ways I feel like his level of scrutiny is unwarranted but a lot of people (myself included) have the right mix of flexibility and scrutiny. No one has to care because this is the internet but by the same token no one has to respond to this or be a forum member either, right? At the end of the day we're all just words on a screen to each other.

Can we change the thread title to "Dear Diary, It's Me: A Grumpy Asshole"?
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: RARE/OLD LOGO NISMO
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:51 PM   #289
MiamiGrinch240
Premium Member
 
MiamiGrinch240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Miami, FL.
Posts: 226
Trader Rating: (4)
MiamiGrinch240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Was scanning thread titles & this one called my name. Thanks for 10 pages of pure gold. I remember the day Nitekids signed up to Zilvia, still making friends I see. Ok, back to shaking our grumpy old man fists & yelling “Get off my lawn!”
__________________
98 S14 SE KA-T (Original Owner)
Founder of SFL240SX
MiamiGrinch240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:02 AM   #290
jay70
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: australia
Age: 28
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: (0)
jay70 is on the path to ruinjay70 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle.
This guy is the worst. If the thing ever makes it off jackstands I give it 3 drives til it's for sale to move on to a new overly drawn out 'build'
jay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #291
gbaby2089
In time-out for misbehaving.
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 796
Trader Rating: (0)
gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have no idea what hatch y'all are talking about.

But I'm in for it.

I think the kouki stuff is lame because EVERYONE does the exact same combo of TE37 or AVS and just leaves it there.

I don't have an S-chassis but the community around my car (S2000) is similar and it just kills me. As soon as one person likes something, boom everyone has it.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #292
dizzariot
Post Whore!
 
dizzariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Japan
Posts: 4,753
Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond reputedizzariot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiGrinch240 View Post
I remember the day Nitekids signed up to Zilvia, still making friends I see. Ok, back to shaking our grumpy old man fists & yelling “Get off my lawn!”
I don't understand. What does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay70 View Post
This guy is the worst. If the thing ever makes it off jackstands I give it 3 drives til it's for sale to move on to a new overly drawn out 'build'
Yeah man. You can't hate the work because it's all quality parts but I took a screenshot of his bio page (just to send to an IG friend) and you can literally see multiple shots of the car at the same angle. There's even a soapbox post about how it's 'not all about parts, but execution' and I'm over here like...when is this car gonna be 'executed' and on the ground?

Again, car is clean and if/when it's done it will be super nice but what is the dude hoping to achieve? E-fame before the car is done? Cart before the horse? Why is he trying to seem so deep? Why can't dudes just post pics of their cars without the sadboi mumble rap lyrics in the caption or a fucking motivational speeches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
I have no idea what hatch y'all are talking about.

But I'm in for it.

I think the kouki stuff is lame because EVERYONE does the exact same combo of TE37 or AVS and just leaves it there.

I don't have an S-chassis but the community around my car (S2000) is similar and it just kills me. As soon as one person likes something, boom everyone has it.
Yeah it's hard to figure out where to sit on this one. I'm happy these cars look so nice but seeing them all over my feed, shared by multiple outlets is just insane to me.

I'm not hating on someone getting attention. I'm hating on the fact that, should I decide to not follow this person for spamming the same God damn pictures over and over again, I'm still inundated with seeing this shit in IG stories or on the search page when I browse. The knob-slobbing is on a new level.

Misery loves company, so it's nice to hear we have the common ground when it comes to community issues lol.
__________________
The mark of a true sucka: RARE/OLD LOGO NISMO
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:04 PM   #293
smink
Zilvia Member
 
smink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: wv
Age: 32
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Just picked up a Kouki S14 and came to zilvia to browse for some parts.
Got sidetracked by this thread. Worth it.
I like it here.
To hell with instagram builds.
Kids these days.
__________________
smink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #294
SimpleS14
Post Whore!
 
SimpleS14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Philly
Age: 36
Posts: 9,167
Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_grip View Post
Nitekids is that you? Been in any police chases recently?
I haven't seen that screen name in years. I wonder what happened to him after that whole incident with CHP.


Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.

You never know, anything can happen months or years from now.
__________________
Goals are dreams with a deadline.
L.H.O.O.Q.
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #295
MiamiGrinch240
Premium Member
 
MiamiGrinch240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Miami, FL.
Posts: 226
Trader Rating: (4)
MiamiGrinch240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nitekids, give us the update on what happened after the police chase. I think that was the last time I remember seeing you on the forum. Should have never ran in the first place. Once they have your plate, it doesn’t matter if you get away, they know where you live.
__________________
98 S14 SE KA-T (Original Owner)
Founder of SFL240SX
MiamiGrinch240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:02 PM   #296
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,166
Trader Rating: (22)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I love you Dario haha. Although I am partially guilty of some things you mentioned, I am slowly getting out of this whole Instagram thing. Maybe I am becoming an old grumpy asshole.
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:05 AM   #297
smink
Zilvia Member
 
smink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: wv
Age: 32
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: (11)
smink is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.
.

Fully agree with this and know exactly said person youíre referring to by this statement alone. I turely think a lot of this garbage is a younger generation thing. I blame Instagram and Facebook for this nonsense. And itís sad because Facebook is where most parts locates is now. I canít stand it.

And the kids on Facebook who are literally a 5min google search away from the answer they seek on these s-chassis related groups. If you want to have some fun tell those kids to stop being lazy and search. Then all the crybabies come out of the woodwork with all their butthurt. Thatís a good time.

I remember buying my first S13 15yrs ago when forums were young and fun. And you didnít dare ask a question that had already been covered. Or the virginity of SR swaps and you had to read magazines to get your info. Back when generic parts really didnít exist. These little young lazy shits and scene kids really grind my gears. End old man rant.
__________________
smink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:45 AM   #298
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,256
Trader Rating: (31)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
PS SEMA is now a show of what everyone has come to hate about the car industry.....

There I said it
RalliartRsX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #299
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Finland
Age: 21
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
1.) I don't think it was ever like that for me. When I came to this forum with pictures of my first S13, I posted in the wrong spot and got the usual response. I didn't argue, I didn't call anyone an asshole, I made a joke and moved on. I just think it's how people are raised: if you want to become a member of a community you take your lumps (in stride) and try to be a good person...not a self-righteous cunt who wants to post shit in all the wrong sections because 'rules are antiquated' or whatever. I'm 29 and work with a ton of young people in the military. The vast majority are entitled little shits. It might be a generation thing. I get it, people my age are still considered millennials but I'd argue that this shit start with people my younger brother's age (currently 23).

2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.

In a lot of ways it's not so much them, but the people in their comments that get to me.

3.) I feel like this has already happened.

Some more food for thought:

- People selling S15 shit in the marketplace are either stupid as fuck or trying to rip people off. It seems like the term 'S15' is always accompanied by 'SpecR' and any moron can tell you that the fucking cars are all the same besides the motor. So a steering wheel is a steering wheel, not a SpecR steering wheel. For fuck's sake.

- StanceNation dudebro's car. Is anyone else sick of seeing it or is it just me? When you're connected in the car industry is it really that astounding to see a clean car on Work wheels when you have connects at Work?

- Dickriding on IG stories. Fuck dude all I see in IG stories are other people's cars nowadays. We've moved from slanging our own cocks to slanging everyone else's'.

- ...parts/wheel/car prices. It's always a razor's edge thing with me: feel like I owe someone the service of telling them shit is marked drastically up or keep my mouth shut and hope to profit when I need to make some extra cash fast.

There's some really good text here.

1. I remember when I posted my pos here for the first time with the black/yellow Equips. Shit hit the fan immediately. Did I care? Nah, I kept is a joke, because the car looked like a monster truck.

2. I'm almost that guy. My car has taken way too long to build, but still I post updates to instagram and here to see what people thank and if they'd have cool ideas to share with me. It's my first car that I'm building, I am not the most talented guy to make a car and this forum, instagram, facebook etc.. there has been people who have told me things how to do shit, where to get something that might help me. I love this community sometimes and sometimes I hate it.



"Dickriding on IG stories"
Sometimes I see dudes who do this daily or weekly. I don't know if it's "dickriding" for shoutouts or just humble action. I do it sometimes, but only if I really think that the guy who owns the car is nice and the car is what I like to see. This dude called "swager" with his C33 must be one of those dudes for me. I've talked to him few times now and small things like this matter to me, I feel like I'm somehow welcomed and people usually are nice to me.


Usually what I call "doing it wrong" is the attitude some young fellas have when they come up with their cars/project. They're not humble, they just start yelling at you trough the fucking internet calling you a fat, gay, ugly hater with no life. Bitch please, if I don't like your car and gave you constructive criticism, you need to take a good look at the mirror why people don't like you.
__________________
Juucso - Instagram
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #300
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!
 
tuzzio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 2,068
Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I never had instagram. Guess im grumpier and likely younger than most of you. Lets fuck and fight.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright © 1998 - 2019, Zilvia.netô