Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #22201
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The pinion i wasn't going to touch. I know that's the biggest difference. But I'm not sure a out the actual ring and stubs

@LoSt180 so you're saying theoretically I can stuff the S13 ring and stubs components into my diff? I plan on using the original ABS housing so the pinion will remain attached.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited by DJTTon; 09-17-2018 at 09:37 AM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #22202
PAPERPLANES

Trader Rating: (0)
PAPERPLANES is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone know what part number this red connector thing is or where to get it? mine is all types of corroded and broken.

I can't seem to post a picture. It is the connector clip that goes onto the positive terminal of the batter for a Hatch S13.

Last edited by PAPERPLANES; 09-19-2018 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: More info, tried new picture.
PAPERPLANES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #22203
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
The pinion i wasn't going to touch. I know that's the biggest difference. But I'm not sure a out the actual ring and stubs

@LoSt180 so you're saying theoretically I can stuff the S13 ring and stubs components into my diff? I plan on using the original ABS housing so the pinion will remain attached.

Your S14 ABS diff is VLSD, and that S13 you grabbed is most likely an open diff. You're better off just rebuilding the s14 diff. Or at least having a transmission/differential shop diagnose what the actual problem is.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #22204
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Edit: Is this how you bypass the s13 clutch interlock switch relay or no? All the threads I find have missing pics. Only photo I could find.

Last edited by JrDarknes; 09-18-2018 at 10:11 PM..
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #22205
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
I know this is the SMALL questions thread, but you gotta at least tell us what car you're talking about...
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #22206
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
probably an s13
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #22207
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Are the 4 studs on SR20 turbos the same for the exhaust manifold as the 5 downpipe studs?

I broke a stud trying to take a nut off to remove the downpipe and came across these (link below), would these work for both purposes?

<http://ballerbolts.com/srtuinstkit.html>
Old 09-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #22208
NickyD0403
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
NickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the roughNickyD0403 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone have a part number for an S14 tail light harness with connector? Or am I better off just finding someone with a junk tail light?

Like this, but OEM:
Old 09-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #22209
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

^
Theres a dude parting a few S14s up in new york. You should find his for sale threads and hit him up
Old 09-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #22210
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have a Ka-t, if I run my PCV to a port on my intake post-MAF, would that be considered unmetered air? The valve cover is just a breather filter and I'm running a catch can between the PCV valve and intake.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:00 PM   #22211
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Ive finally taken the time to tackle this diff job (for those who were following my earlier questions), and I wanted to know: when swapping diff internals from S13 pumpkin to S14 pumpkin, would I have to use the S14 bearing caps or S13 bearing caps?

Im finding that the S14 bearing caps seem to be too short after hand tightening and are causing the diff to lock up and not rotate. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:39 AM   #22212
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Ive finally taken the time to tackle this diff job (for those who were following my earlier questions), and I wanted to know: when swapping diff internals from S13 pumpkin to S14 pumpkin, would I have to use the S14 bearing caps or S13 bearing caps?

Im finding that the S14 bearing caps seem to be too short after hand tightening and are causing the diff to lock up and not rotate. Any input would be appreciated.
Shims, and other small parts may be the variance you are seeing. Remember there are shims to make things align, and if you manage them right, lock up.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:48 AM   #22213
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

With the shims in and bearing caps untightened I can freely spin the assembly. I've measured all the shims so I'm certain Im putting in the correct parts

Old 09-25-2018, 06:55 PM   #22214
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
With the shims in and bearing caps untightened I can freely spin the assembly. I've measured all the shims so I'm certain Im putting in the correct parts

Kinda weird to quote myself but I just decided to throw the S14 internals back in and everything still spins with bearings caps torqued down to 65 ft-lb. Im still not sure what the issue was.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #22215
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Kinda weird to quote myself but I just decided to throw the S14 internals back in and everything still spins with bearings caps torqued down to 65 ft-lb. Im still not sure what the issue was.
You need to reuse everything except the carrier itself obviously. It's locking up because the back lash on the ring and pinion are not correct. They are individually set from factory and wear together for life. Putting a new carrier with the ring gear and swapping parts across isn't going to work well. Also, I'm not sure what noise you heard, but I'd be worried about ring and pinion wear. You should get a matching driveshaft or match your current diff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 PM   #22216
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
You need to reuse everything except the carrier itself obviously. It's locking up because the back lash on the ring and pinion are not correct. They are individually set from factory and wear together for life. Putting a new carrier with the ring gear and swapping parts across isn't going to work well. Also, I'm not sure what noise you heard, but I'd be worried about ring and pinion wear. You should get a matching driveshaft or match your current diff.

What would I be swapping in from the S13 LSD differential exactly? Only the whole differential case assembly minus the ring? And use the S14 ring instead?

After taking the differential internals apart I learned that the actual LSD has some play in it and I noticed its more than the S13 LSD's play. Thats what causing all the issues. As far as the ring and pinion wear go I agree, Im sure the extra bit of play isnt helping the differential as far as longevity goes.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #22217
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What would I be swapping in from the S13 LSD differential exactly? Only the whole differential case assembly minus the ring? And use the S14 ring instead?

After taking the differential internals apart I learned that the actual LSD has some play in it and I noticed its more than the S13 LSD's play. Thats what causing all the issues. As far as the ring and pinion wear go I agree, Im sure the extra bit of play isnt helping the differential as far as longevity goes.
Literally just the gear assembly itself. You need to reuse caps (they do go a certain way), shims, and ring gear. Also check the bearings, make sure they turn smoothly

Old 09-25-2018, 09:09 PM   #22218
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
Literally just the gear assembly itself. You need to reuse caps (they do go a certain way), shims, and ring gear. Also check the bearings, make sure they turn smoothly

Just to be explicitly clear, swap out the S14 gear assembly for the S13 gear assembly only, correct? (if you can show part #s on a diagram that would be really useful).

Old 09-25-2018, 11:16 PM   #22219
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Just to be explicitly clear, swap out the S14 gear assembly for the S13 gear assembly only, correct? (if you can show part #s on a diagram that would be really useful).

Swap in whats circled (replace bearings if you want). Use everything else from the s14 diff inside the pumpkin. Then use the stubs from the s13 diff.
Make sure orientation of everything goes back in exactly how it came out.

I might also add that this is a lot that you're doing to downgrade to an open diff. Better off matching your current diff or grab a new driveshaft. Also, I'm serious about your s14 ring and pinion wear if you were hearing a ton of noise. It would suck to do all that work for it to be exactly how it was before.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:18 AM   #22220
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Thanks a million for the clear info. I don't think I'm necessarily downgrading since the S13 diff I have is an LSD. Perhaps downgrading in the sense that's its an older unit for sure.

I'll address the work later in this year bc I really need the car mobile at the moment. You have been very instrumental and I can't thank you enough

Old 09-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #22221
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I have a Ka-t, if I run my PCV to a port on my intake post-MAF, would that be considered unmetered air? The valve cover is just a breather filter and I'm running a catch can between the PCV valve and intake.
Another small question in addition. I haven't gotten my KA-t to run very well and it runs super rich. at first my wideband read 10 at idle, now it reads nothing but 14.8 at all times which is definitely not the case. Can running super rich foul out a wideband O2 sensor?
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:35 AM   #22222
OriginalNuttah
BANNED

OriginalNuttah is a well-known jackass
Whatsappin' guys. New member here. Tried posting intro with some details about my whip but still not been approved. Are there rules or something I failed to do to get my post's actually posted?
OriginalNuttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:36 AM   #22223
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Any difference between the Dmax or Origin type 2 spoiler for the coupe? Not sure which one to go with, they're about the same price.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #22224
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNuttah View Post
Whatsappin' guys. New member here. Tried posting intro with some details about my whip but still not been approved. Are there rules or something I failed to do to get my post's actually posted?
You'll need to get your post count up first before you can access all the features of the forum. Check out some for sale threads and leave some comments, also check out the builds only section. A simple GLWS or bump will help get your count up
Old 09-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #22225
OriginalNuttah
BANNED

OriginalNuttah is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
You'll need to get your post count up first before you can access all the features of the forum. Check out some for sale threads and leave some comments, also check out the builds only section. A simple GLWS or bump will help get your count up
Oye serious? You know how long my intro post took me to write up big man?

Whose wig do I need to slap back to get straight access up in this place?

Man ain't got time to go around kissing ass trying to get my post count up. Either bring me into the club or not cus I got sumtin special and rare to show you kids..
OriginalNuttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:06 PM   #22226
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Yeah there are rules or something like there are no intro posts and there is a intro thread stickied.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=96924
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=153667

Old 09-28-2018, 04:45 AM   #22227
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
I'm curious as to what this rare thing you are going to show us? You have a rally version factory car? Maybe a one only built factory special kouki that had to be built over and over, or maybe a lifted donk S14. Seriously guys, I am curious to see just what exactly this rare stuff is. Bend the rules just for that, and if it sucks, effect a post ban for 30 days
Old 09-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #22228
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Serious question:
My shifter broke, distributor capacitor shit, starter burnt, clutch probably done and transmission may need replaced.
Since she is gonna be up on them again, what jack stands do ya'all think look the best under a car? Seriously though, with around 3k+ in stuff that just went on in the past 6 months, she has to go up so I do not waste it all, besides, diff bushings, rear lower arms bushings, small shit all needs to be replaced anyway.
I just want it to look good as it sits...once again! ����������
Old 09-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #22229
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Serious question:
My shifter broke, distributor capacitor shit, starter burnt, clutch probably done and transmission may need replaced.
Since she is gonna be up on them again, what jack stands do ya'all think look the best under a car? Seriously though, with around 3k+ in stuff that just went on in the past 6 months, she has to go up so I do not waste it all, besides, diff bushings, rear lower arms bushings, small shit all needs to be replaced anyway.
I just want it to look good as it sits...once again! ����������
Those axle stands someone posted on your Facebook post looked pretty cool. I was thinking of getting some myself.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:45 AM   #22230
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Those axle stands someone posted on your Facebook post looked pretty cool. I was thinking of getting some myself.
Those ARE nice, but the bigger question is do I want teh suspension to be loaded of unloaded. Jack stands make the suspension unload, where hub stands load the suspension(killer for mounting flares, body kits etc)

Of course the jack stand joke sarcasm was missed, old ass sameo sameo gonna be home for her again either way. Maybe I'll rip out the interior and say fuck a running car