Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #3061
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Not only are those uncommon wheels in rare sizing but the oddly unique offset is another super easy giveaway. (I remember the auction though, so not much to “dig”.)

Don’t try to make these wheels sound super common just because you can’t go a day without bashing Reece for no reason.
You’d be hard-pressed to find another set of 17s, let alone in that width and offset.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #3062
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
TIL there are literally one set of Hoshino Impul R5. No one could have possibly bought those previously.
TIL gbaby is still a smartass on the forums about a car he hasn't ever owned. Not surprising news.

Post count of 20. Post made literally a week or so after auction ended. Same exact specs, same finish, same condition, tell me the last time you saw fucking +19/+20 stagger R5s. Because if you see them all the time, like it seems, I'd love to buy a set.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #3063
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
How much do those wheels usually go for stateside?
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #3064
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
How much do those wheels usually go for stateside?
I think you're kind of entirely missing the point here.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:53 PM   #3065
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
What does it matter what he paid for them if they are still priced reasonably for what they go for here?

While I disagree with it, I at least get the argument against people buying up all of one product and raising the prices on it. But now it seems as if people are getting angry with anybody that is able to make a profit because they bought an item for a much lower than it is worth.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #3066
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
What does it matter what he paid for them if they are still priced reasonably for what they go for here?

While I disagree with it, I at least get the argument against people buying up all of one product and raising the prices on it. But now it seems as if people are getting angry with anybody that is able to make a profit because they bought an item for a much lower than it is worth.
I'm upset because he ONLY bought them to make money off of them.
It's not like he wanted them and changed his mind or wanted them but found other wheels. Based on average shipping time for wheels, he posted them for sale the day they arrived.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:36 PM   #3067
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Lets not start this again...

Anyway if anyone is interested.

Advan Jacket
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q190495661

Nismo Jacket
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s562789836

Thought about bidding on the Nismo but after reading the stockinterior carpet thread I decided to use my money on new carpet and other interior stuff instead haha :/
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #3068
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wait, he's pissed because of whaaaat? lol
Old 02-10-2018, 05:33 PM   #3069
Hoshino
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Hoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Some guy outbid him on auction and then tried to sell the wheels for double as soon as he got them. Sorta lame but money trumps ethics.
If I were him I’d maybe offer you a discounted rate lol
Hoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #3070
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Not only are those uncommon wheels in rare sizing but the oddly unique offset is another super easy giveaway. (I remember the auction though, so not much to “dig”.)

Don’t try to make these wheels sound super common just because you can’t go a day without bashing Reece for no reason.
You’d be hard-pressed to find another set of 17s, let alone in that width and offset.
I have rare, odd-size old wheels. I've lost auctions & seen sets pop up in the same sizing & condition not long after.

Maybe I'm just not so self-centered and/or paranoid that I think nothing of it.

The wheels are not common, but there is definitely more than one set out there, coincidences occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
TIL gbaby is still a smartass on the forums about a car he hasn't ever owned. Not surprising news.

Post count of 20. Post made literally a week or so after auction ended. Same exact specs, same finish, same condition, tell me the last time you saw fucking +19/+20 stagger R5s. Because if you see them all the time, like it seems, I'd love to buy a set.
He's been a member here since you were still using training wheels.

Also rich that a dude who used to buy trash on YAJ & flip immediately thereafter is now calling out someone who (allegedly) is doing exactly what you used to.

I'm a smartass everywhere, not just on forums for cars I've never owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshino View Post
Some guy outbid him on auction and then tried to sell the wheels for double as soon as he got them. Sorta lame but money trumps ethics.
If I were him I’d maybe offer you a discounted rate lol
Money doesn't trump ethics.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #3071
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Also rich that a dude who used to buy trash on YAJ & flip immediately thereafter is now calling out someone who (allegedly) is doing exactly what you used to
Buying things and using them for a period of time and deciding to change things and sell those things that have been replaced = / = buying things and posting them up for sale the day they arrive for 3x what you paid because you know you can. Ur a real funny boi

Interesting to know your literally unexplained beef with me has now entered year four. Owell tho, you keep dreaming of d*squad and I'll keep dreaming of my Impuls I never had.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:49 PM   #3072
Hoshino
Leaky Injector

Hoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of lightHoshino is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I have rare, odd-size old wheels. I've lost auctions & seen sets pop up in the same sizing & condition not long after.

Maybe I'm just not so self-centered and/or paranoid that I think nothing of it.

The wheels are not common, but there is definitely more than one set out there, coincidences occur.
I totally understand where you’re coming from. But, with the risk of sounding arrogant, you clearly are not familiar with Impul wheels if you think this is the case lol.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #3073
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Buying things and using them for a period of time and deciding to change things and sell those things that have been replaced = / = buying things and posting them up for sale the day they arrive for 3x what you paid because you know you can. Ur a real funny boi

Interesting to know your literally unexplained beef with me has now entered year four. Owell tho, you keep dreaming of d*squad and I'll keep dreaming of my Impuls I never had.
uh huh

I have zero dreams of d*s and have no idea what you're trying to get at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshino View Post
I totally understand where you’re coming from. But, with the risk of sounding arrogant, you clearly are not familiar with Impul wheels if you think this is the case lol.
Impul only made one set in this sizing? Are you saying if I google 17x9 +19/+20 Impul R5, only one set is there? I won't find any sets in the Western hemisphere prior to like last month?

(This is not me trying to be a dick, I'm simply looking at things dispassionately)
Old 02-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #3074
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

I have zero dreams of d*s and have no idea what you're trying to get at.
uh huh

Quote:
Impul only made one set in this sizing? Are you saying if I google 17x9 +19/+20 Impul R5, only one set is there? I won't find any sets in the Western hemisphere prior to like last month?

(This is not me trying to be a dick, I'm simply looking at things dispassionately)
To answer your question....
Two sets, one set in Canada that was posted 6 years ago, and this set in question. The set in Canada is not the same set as posted on here.

So yes please keep telling me about how common these wheels are if you would, seems like you're real educated on the topic of 17x9 +20/+19 Impul Hoshino R5
Old 02-11-2018, 01:37 AM   #3075
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

If someone sees an opportunity to make some money by buying low and selling high, more power to them. If you want the same item they do then step your game up and buy it first/don’t get outbid. It’s pathetic to constantly see people bitching because someone saw an opportunity to make money and seized it.

Now you’re groveling over how rare a set of wheels are and in the same sentence whining because someone bought them.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:02 AM   #3076
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Ignore...........
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:20 AM   #3077
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
All I gotta say is

Dont hate the playa, hate the game. People are only mad because they lost out. Its called life. Get the fuck over it and stop being a little bitch lol

Just move on to the next set. Having a full page about it on a Auction thread?? Just pathetic........

And to assume only 2 sets are ever available that YOU know of Reese........is just being naive.

Shit happens. Dealing with it is called being an adult. There are seriously much more important shit in this world to whine about that missing out on a set of wheels. :sigh:
Old 02-11-2018, 03:00 AM   #3078
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Money doesn't trump ethics.
Truth...but this belief would align you with the dude you don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Shit happens. Dealing with it is called being an adult. There are seriously much more important shit in this world to whine about that missing out on a set of wheels. :sigh:
This is the YAJ thread and shit pertaining to YAJ would be in here. Do you go into the stance thread and tell the stance kids that there is more important shit in the world? You're also adding to the page-long 'bitchfest' you're bitching about.

Quote:
It’s pathetic to constantly see people bitching because someone saw an opportunity to make money and seized it.
...and in the eyes of people who care it's pathetic that you defend practices like this. I guess we're destined to argue about this on Zilvia forever. If you're cool with spending 3 times as much for something because you're either:

1.) Lazy to search

or

2.) Ballin'-outta-mothafuckin'-control

...then that's cool for you. Some people don't want to pay a mark up fueled by greed and put in place by dudes that preach about how they're 'truly passionate' about the community.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #3079
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OT:
Was watching the exact same BBK on another auction go to 176k yen in the last 20 mins, so glad I could grab these for the buyout price. Gonna look great behind my Meisters
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #3080
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Truth...but this belief would align you with the dude you don't like.
If dude I don't like is correct in his assumptions.

There are people who don't share everything on the internet.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:17 AM   #3081
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
ya'll can chill out now... we're just sparing with imaginary sabers.

no one gets hurt but no one is budging from there opinions also.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #3082
Hoshino
Leaky Injector

Quote:
uh huh

Are you saying if I google 17x9 +19/+20 Impul R5, only one set is there? I won't find any sets in the Western hemisphere prior to like last month?
Absolutely yes, that is exactly what I am saying.
Especially considering I just googled it and confirmed, aside from how often I search impul products in my spare time.

I have no problem with resale for profit but that’s all this “community” is anymore.
Other groups of enthusiasts try to help each other out with product expansion, diys, helpful hunts..
S chassis enthusiasts are here to make fun of each other over minuscule things, and rip each other off in the name of the free market. That’s it.
We truly are the worst subsection of all Motorsport. We have overcome the Honda ricers years ago in terms of overall disfunction, hatred, and greed.
Congratulations everyone!
Old 02-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #3083
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
I was outbid on these wheels about two weeks ago. Good to know they've gone to a good home and someone else who wants them more than I did and isn't just trying to make a few dollars.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=655002

Almost bought them too, but I really want the 4 lugs... Wanted these for like 15 years...
Old 02-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #3084
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
If someone sees an opportunity to make some money by buying low and selling high, more power to them. If you want the same item they do then step your game up and buy it first/don’t get outbid. It’s pathetic to constantly see people bitching because someone saw an opportunity to make money and seized it.

Now you’re groveling over how rare a set of wheels are and in the same sentence whining because someone bought them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
All I gotta say is

Dont hate the playa, hate the game. People are only mad because they lost out. Its called life. Get the fuck over it and stop being a little bitch lol

Just move on to the next set. Having a full page about it on a Auction thread?? Just pathetic........

And to assume only 2 sets are ever available that YOU know of Reese........is just being naive.

These two get it.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #3085
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I use an independent exporter for the items that I buy in japan. He holds items for 90 days and allows me the ship multiple items at once, saving on international shipping charges. I have a box coming in about a month. Let me know if you need anything.
sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #3086
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...and in the eyes of people who care it's pathetic that you defend practices like this. I guess we're destined to argue about this on Zilvia forever. If you're cool with spending 3 times as much for something because you're either:
Defend practices like what?! Someone buying a product with the intent to sell it to make a profit? Or someone buying low and selling high because of demand? BTW, the wheels aren't even overpriced, dude is bitching because he wanted them and couldn't afford them.

I'm not sure what you are mad about, the amount of profit someone is making or the fact that he bought low to sell high...
Old 02-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #3087
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
uh huh

To answer your question....
Two sets, one set in Canada that was posted 6 years ago, and this set in question. The set in Canada is not the same set as posted on here.

So yes please keep telling me about how common these wheels are if you would, seems like you're real educated on the topic of 17x9 +20/+19 Impul Hoshino R5

1. He didn't buy them a month ago. He bought them in 2016.
2. I know this, because I bought them for him.
3. It wasnt through YAJ.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #3088
Hoshino
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Defend practices like what?! Someone buying a product with the intent to sell it to make a profit? Or someone buying low and selling high because of demand? BTW, the wheels aren't even overpriced, dude is bitching because he wanted them and couldn't afford them.

I'm not sure what you are mad about, the amount of profit someone is making or the fact that he bought low to sell high...
Lmao, you know buying low to sell high and buying to make a profit are one in the same, right..?

The wheels were reasonably priced at $6-700.
Now they are spiked to $1200 and you’re claiming they aren’t overpriced lol.
All you’re doing is fueling the fire of an ignorant market. Spreading the normality of the idea that $600 wheels should sell for double. Creating more idiots like yourself.
Who’s really benefiting from that?

I’m with you on not caring who makes a profit but jeez you are dull.
I know coming outright and saying you’ve marked up the wheels a ridiculous amount to make profit is bad for business but the guys you are arguing with are past that point lol. You can be honest with them now.

You have the same mindset of every dude who pays $300 for a nismo lighter lol.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #3089
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
are you talking about these? because they are not the same ones as the guy selling them on here lol

fucked up paint on the ones in jp
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:19 PM   #3090
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Yep, just a little snowflake Reese.........

I was waiting for Reese to come and and clear the guys name. I guess he won't do that now huh??

Saw the guys post. But like everthing else, the sky must be falling because oh shit, I am too naive to realize that there is more than what i think I know...........and realize there are more than 2 known to Reese of the same sets of the wheels out there........and not just what the internet tells you

If anyone wants to get pissed, yell at the IG followers and idiots who are buying used 10-15 year old Japanese wheels for 2-3K because hard parker status. That's the people who yall need to get mad at for driving the price bonkers

As I said before; get over it. And in this case, stop being a dick.

P.S This is typical Zilvia bullshit anyways........