Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2017, 09:37 AM   #91
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
Few people were telling me to upgrade to s15 water pump recently too. I still have the s13 water pump but sucks knowing the s14 pump could potentially be bad for s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
I was always skeptic when people would tell me that, I've personally never recommended it. Glad i followed my gut instinct.
Yeah I'm not sure where/why/how this rumor started..

.................................................. .................................................. ........

wrapped my car over the weekend. Looks much better in picture.. in real life, bubbles/wrinkles are everywhere



battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #92
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I changed out my water pump yesterday to proper s13 one.

I really appreciate your comment ralliartrsx! Now I definately see why s14 one would not work properly.


s13 left, s14/15 right

You can see that the difference in depth when the pump is mounted. I would think this would either A. not move enough fluid or B. cause cavitation, or C. both.
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #93
Itsalexwoo
 
Itsalexwoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 42
Trader Rating: (0)
Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice thread I'll be checking for updates, I'd like to know how it all goes for you.
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #94
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
Nice thread I'll be checking for updates, I'd like to know how it all goes for you.
Thank you!

.................................................. .................................................. ......



Past Friday, I went to Koji @ Auto Talent for yet another tune as I noticed extremely high exhaust temperature with my previous tune.

I'm glad I went. I found out that the car was making a lot less power than I thought.. around 260hp . Koji thought that it was due to my compression being high (9:1).

Car does drive much better with Koji's tune along with idle/part throttle all improving.

Easiest solution would be to run E85 and change out the injectors/lines but since my run group does not allow that, I'll be taking a longer route. I will be lowering my compression (1.8mm head gasket), change out the intake manifold (freddy), and change out the fuel rail and injectors.

I'm somewhat bummed by the whole situation but need to move forward.



Installed the splitter back on.
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #95
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
What other organizations do you race in?
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #96
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!
 
TheRealSy90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Yuma, AZ
Age: 28
Posts: 7,110
Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud ofTheRealSy90 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
With your turbo the stock intake manifold should make more bottom end without much loss up top though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonrockett View Post
Such a good signature.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:30 AM   #97
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,307
Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post

............

I'm glad I went. I found out that the car was making a lot less power than I thought.. around 260hp . Koji thought that it was due to my compression being high (9:1).

............
That line makes absolutely no sense. 9:1 on piss CA gas should not cause any sort of knock issues. Also, a bump in compression should see power INCREASE across the board.
Unless the tune prior to going to koji was not appropriate, you should both be making more power and the car should be more tractable in and out of boost.

Ask koji what he means by that statement. He should be able to eek out atleast 300WHP with almost as much torque with no knock issues.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:09 AM   #98
Itsalexwoo
 
Itsalexwoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 42
Trader Rating: (0)
Itsalexwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is the full existent you went too with weight reduction?
Itsalexwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #99
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
What other organizations do you race in?
I built the car originally for redline time attack until I found out about the Nissan challenge. I like running with corner3 and speedventure so I think I'm gonna stick to it this year.
I would like to do the global time attack but the rules conflict a little.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
With your turbo the stock intake manifold should make more bottom end without much loss up top though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That line makes absolutely no sense. 9:1 on piss CA gas should not cause any sort of knock issues. Also, a bump in compression should see power INCREASE across the board.
Unless the tune prior to going to koji was not appropriate, you should both be making more power and the car should be more tractable in and out of boost.

Ask koji what he means by that statement. He should be able to eek out atleast 300WHP with almost as much torque with no knock issues.
I was not being clear. So on the previous tune, it was knocking really really bad, Koji was able to fix most of that. Koji's dyno read 15% lower than the previous tuner's dyno, making my final # same as previous tune.

9:1 theoretically should make more power but for whatever reason, it started knocking as soon as boost started settling in. Before setting up a dyno time, Koji explained that from his previous experience, 9:1 usually knocks bad and stated that my set up will not make more than 280 @ the wheel.
I'm guessing the previous tuner pulled timing to avoid knock, which caused my egt to get so high.


I've sourced most of the parts which involves dropping CR to 8.5:1 (head gasket) along with bigger/better injectors, pumps, and intake. I'm planning on doing these after the 4/1 event and go back to Koji.

I really appreciate your concern! Feel free to comment on whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
What is the full existent you went too with weight reduction?
I have not done much of that which I need to do eventually. NO AC, gutted interior/ sound deadening, lighter battery, titanium exhaust is about all I have so far. Car weighs around 2600lbs with full cage which is not bad..


.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

I've also added a separate relay that powers the fuel pump.


Last edited by battery1882; 03-24-2017 at 09:53 AM..
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #100
bardabe
Post Whore!
 
bardabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Age: 30
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
I was not being clear. So on the previous tune, it was knocking really really bad, Koji was able to fix most of that. Koji's dyno read 15% lower than the previous tuner's dyno, making my final # same as previous tune.

9:1 theoretically should make more power but for whatever reason, it started knocking as soon as boost started settling in. Before setting up a dyno time, Koji explained that from his previous experience, 9:1 usually knocks bad and stated that my set up will not make more than 280 @ the wheel.
I'm guessing the previous tuner pulled timing to avoid knock, which caused my egt to get so high.


I've sourced most of the parts which involves dropping CR to 8.5:1 (head gasket) along with bigger/better injectors, pumps, and intake. I'm planning on doing these after the 4/1 event and go back to Koji.

I really appreciate your concern! Feel free to comment on whatever!



I have not done much of that which I need to do eventually. NO AC, gutted interior/ sound deadening, lighter battery, titanium exhaust is about all I have so far. Car weighs around 2600lbs with full cage which is not bad..


.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

I've also added a separate relay that powers the fuel pump.

IF my $.02 matter at all,

From what I'm reading & previous experience the high EGT's you are experiencing (how hot are your EGT's?) are due to high back pressure. My Car has factory internals with a 1.5mm HG Factory S14 T28 with Denso 550cc injectors. at ACS I was seeing EGT's as hot as 810*C (I don't have a cat) I was reading my EGT's 1.75" away from cylinder 3 exhaust port. Between ACS & Buttonwillow I made a test to test the theory & got some success. I port matched my Manifold to my head, Manifold to the Turbo gasket, turbo gasket to the turbo inlet & made a better transition from the elbow flange to the bellmouth. at Buttonwillow i never saw EGT's hotter than 760*C on the same exact tune before my waterpump checked out. I run my car pretty rich too to help with the hot EGT's I overheard a few people saying i'm burning rotary type fireballs after the bank. (wish i had pics) and a few guys at buttonwillow said the same thing.

I would recommend welding a 38 or 40mm external wastegate to a ported stock manifold for best results with the GT2871R it'll help bring those EGT's down quite a bit that's what I'll be doing for my car.
__________________

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #101
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: connecticut
Age: 28
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
subbed, I'm definitely interested to see how this car turns out. so far i have learned a few things along the way
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #102
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
IF my $.02 matter at all,

From what I'm reading & previous experience the high EGT's you are experiencing (how hot are your EGT's?) are due to high back pressure. My Car has factory internals with a 1.5mm HG Factory S14 T28 with Denso 550cc injectors. at ACS I was seeing EGT's as hot as 810*C (I don't have a cat) I was reading my EGT's 1.75" away from cylinder 3 exhaust port. Between ACS & Buttonwillow I made a test to test the theory & got some success. I port matched my Manifold to my head, Manifold to the Turbo gasket, turbo gasket to the turbo inlet & made a better transition from the elbow flange to the bellmouth. at Buttonwillow i never saw EGT's hotter than 760*C on the same exact tune before my waterpump checked out. I run my car pretty rich too to help with the hot EGT's I overheard a few people saying i'm burning rotary type fireballs after the bank. (wish i had pics) and a few guys at buttonwillow said the same thing.

I would recommend welding a 38 or 40mm external wastegate to a ported stock manifold for best results with the GT2871R it'll help bring those EGT's down quite a bit that's what I'll be doing for my car.
I appreciate all comments, especially the .02!

I am interested in your finding but my egt temp was up to 950 Celsius and my sensor is mounted after the turbo. So I think it was definitely timing related. I will find out more at the next event and report back.

I am considering the ext. wastegate option though!

Again thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
subbed, I'm definitely interested to see how this car turns out. so far i have learned a few things along the way
Awesome man, thank you!
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #103
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: connecticut
Age: 28
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
checked out the videos you posted over the weekend, looks like you had a blast out there chopping all of those cars
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #104
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
checked out the videos you posted over the weekend, looks like you had a blast out there chopping all of those cars
Thank you! yeah it was alot of fun!


.................................................. .................................................. ......

Nissan Challenge Rd. 3 Big willow

It was my first time at this track. I've always wanted to go but never had a chance til this day. Amazing track!






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXfqw3lDVts

I was able to do 1:33.002 and get second place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1mJ4BO-meY

This was the second fastest group so the drivers were not super fast, but It was cool passing some high end cars






I think my radiator may be clogged somewhere or I have a blown head gasket. either way, I was planning on doing all of this so I will report back!

It was nice to see alot of Nissan guys!
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #105
bardabe
Post Whore!
 
bardabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Age: 30
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
Thank you! yeah it was alot of fun!


.................................................. .................................................. ......

Nissan Challenge Rd. 3 Big willow

It was my first time at this track. I've always wanted to go but never had a chance til this day. Amazing track!






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXfqw3lDVts

I was able to do 1:33.002 and get second place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1mJ4BO-meY

This was the second fastest group so the drivers were not super fast, but It was cool passing some high end cars






I think my radiator may be clogged somewhere or I have a blown head gasket. either way, I was planning on doing all of this so I will report back!

It was nice to see alot of Nissan guys!

I thoroughly feel your pain right now lol. in the same process right now haha.
__________________

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #106
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie
 
SSJ-S15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Irvine
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What class are you running in for Nissan Challenge? Hoping to make it out there for the first time in May
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #107
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
I thoroughly feel your pain right now lol. in the same process right now haha.
haha I forgot to mention that egt was fine during this day(1400 degrees F max) , so Koji's tune was good! just need to lower my compression and install few other parts and go back for the second tune. Hope everything works out with you and see you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
What class are you running in for Nissan Challenge? Hoping to make it out there for the first time in May
I'm running in Class 2, mostly with 350z guys. hope to see you soon!
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #108
SR20PWRALTY
Zilvia Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: (13)
SR20PWRALTY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Hey! Am running in the same class but can't to touch your times. From what I heard it was mostly Z guys and GTRs till this year. I was also running in the slower group with speed ventures.

What go pro do you have? I think there might be away to take that glare out.

Where you also driving the 350z or just a passenger?

Will you have that done by the next event?

Is that mixture of oil and radiator fluid in the radiator can't tell?

Keep us posted. See you next time.
SR20PWRALTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #109
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie
 
SSJ-S15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Irvine
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
haha I forgot to mention that egt was fine during this day(1400 degrees F max) , so Koji's tune was good! just need to lower my compression and install few other parts and go back for the second tune. Hope everything works out with you and see you soon!



I'm running in Class 2, mostly with 350z guys. hope to see you soon!
I think I'll be starting off in Class 3
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #110
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!
 
pacotaco345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal/Ft Worth TX
Age: 26
Posts: 1,499
Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant futurepacotaco345 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome driving man! Cool to see you passing caymans and mclarens on the outside haha. I keep forgetting its green up at WSIR right now, so weird seeing something other than dead out here.
__________________
pacotaco345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #111
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
Hey! Am running in the same class but can't to touch your times. From what I heard it was mostly Z guys and GTRs till this year. I was also running in the slower group with speed ventures.

What go pro do you have? I think there might be away to take that glare out.

Where you also driving the 350z or just a passenger?

Will you have that done by the next event?

Is that mixture of oil and radiator fluid in the radiator can't tell?

Keep us posted. See you next time.
Yeah i'm in class 2 due to the turbo size. my lap time is close to 350z guys running maxxis rc1s so It's pretty competitive class

I have some cheap fake gopro haha.

I was riding passenger in sergio's 350z

I think I may have some blockage in my radiator, so I will be changing it out.

See you soon man! your car is beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
I think I'll be starting off in Class 3
Awesome! What car and engine do you have? tires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
Awesome driving man! Cool to see you passing caymans and mclarens on the outside haha. I keep forgetting its green up at WSIR right now, so weird seeing something other than dead out here.
Thank you! yeah it was great seeing some green!
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:17 AM   #112
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie
 
SSJ-S15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Irvine
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
Awesome! What car and engine do you have? tires?
S15 with an SR with some basic bolt ons and stock turbo....running on Nexen SUR4's. No aero as of yet
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #113
bardabe
Post Whore!
 
bardabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Age: 30
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
S15 with an SR with some basic bolt ons and stock turbo....running on Nexen SUR4's. No aero as of yet
doesn't that put you in class two?
__________________

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #114
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie
 
SSJ-S15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Irvine
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
doesn't that put you in class two?
I've heard that class 2 is upgraded turbos plus aero
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #115
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
S15 with an SR with some basic bolt ons and stock turbo....running on Nexen SUR4's. No aero as of yet
ooh..would love to see that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
doesn't that put you in class two?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
I've heard that class 2 is upgraded turbos plus aero
stock t28 is class 3. anything bigger than t28 (i.e. 2860, 2871) would be class 2. And no aero on class 3 like you said. see you guys soon!
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #116
bardabe
Post Whore!
 
bardabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SoCal
Age: 30
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
ooh..would love to see that!





stock t28 is class 3. anything bigger than t28 (i.e. 2860, 2871) would be class 2. And no aero on class 3 like you said. see you guys soon!
Maaaaaaaaan I totally got put on class two .... that's what i get for building a Frankenstein car.
__________________

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #117
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
Maaaaaaaaan I totally got put on class two .... that's what i get for building a Frankenstein car.
haha. time to get into another s chassis
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #118
Vatche
the MaD armenian
 
Vatche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Los Feliz
Age: 36
Posts: 5,902
Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
Maaaaaaaaan I totally got put on class two .... that's what i get for building a Frankenstein car.
Bardabe, we have 4 classes now. Last year was just 3.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jung918
I dub thy the socal zilvia slut.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #119
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
Maaaaaaaaan I totally got put on class two .... that's what i get for building a Frankenstein car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatche View Post
Bardabe, we have 4 classes now. Last year was just 3.
Bardabe : I was class 2 last year too (few events that I ran with t28).

Vatche : Would bardabe be in class 3 this year?
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:37 AM   #120
battery1882
Zilvia Addict
 
battery1882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fullerton, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Pulled head and found that #1/#4 pistons are slightly melted around the edges. This is probably from extreme exhaust temperature..



I decided to just run this till I blow it up. fingers crossed.

Time to find a spare short block again.



Smoothed out the ports on freddy manifold



got the fabric for my recaros!



What do you do with the left over fabric? what else but for soju and toy cups lol
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright © 1998 - 2019, Zilvia.net™