Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #15061
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
yoooo.
i'm supposed to trade my black zenki for an s13 this weekend.
but now..
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #15062
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
sigh...

1) GP Sports no longer exists in the US or Europe... Japan only

2) GP Sports discontinued this kit in 2003

3) your comment =

Doesn't Shine Auto already make a knock-off?

Isn't the Zilvian like that real ballers would import the authentic kit for mad cred?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #15063
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Isn't the Zilvian like that real ballers would import the authentic kit for mad cred?
Corbic, everyone and their mother reproduces the G-Sonic series... not the G-Sonic Type R. Please learn how to notice details before opening your mouth.

There is no "kit" anymore, the Type R aero has been discontinued for the S13 for a LONG time!!! Again, youre trying to talk shit without actually knowing the details of the matter... but that tends to be your usual thing anyways

And Biggs...

1) GP Sports does not exist in the US anymore, they pulled out in 03/04. GP Sports Europe closed down around the same time as well. GP Sports only has an operating branch still open in Japan. The Type-R kit was discontinued around the same time as well...

2) I dont want to drastically alter it, I like the kit the way it is and so do a lot of other people. Im more interested in preserving parts that I enjoyed over the last 14 years that have become all but extinct. Its a good feeling being able to preserve pieces of automotive history and to be able to offer them again to the general public produced by someone who cares about fitment and quality!

3) Instead of being preachy and telling ME what I should do with MY time, MY knowledge, MY money and MY free time... why dont YOU take YOUR money, YOUR time and YOUR expertise and spend it on what YOU think people want. Its so much easier to talk shit on a web forum, why not get off your ass and do something yourself... its not as easy as you think kiddo!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #15064
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Shine Auto makes a G-Sonic Zero One rep.

Dorki is talking about making a G-Sonic Type R kit, which IS discontinued and not sold via GPSports's website. That'll be awesome I say go for it, and make it urethane like the Shine Auto kits.
soulessphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #15065
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

soulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfectionsoulessphoto is close to perfection
Quote:
Corbic, everyone and their mother reproduces the G-Sonic series... not the G-Sonic Type R. Please learn how to notice details before opening your mouth.

There is no "kit" anymore, the Type R aero has been discontinued for the S13 for a LONG time!!! Again, youre trying to talk shit without actually knowing the details of the matter... but that tends to be your usual thing anyways

And Biggs...

1) GP Sports does not exist in the US anymore, they pulled out in 03/04. GP Sports Europe closed down around the same time as well. GP Sports only has an operating branch still open in Japan. The Type-R kit was discontinued around the same time as well...

2) I dont want to drastically alter it, I like the kit the way it is and so do a lot of other people. Im more interested in preserving parts that I enjoyed over the last 14 years that have become all but extinct. Its a good feeling being able to preserve pieces of automotive history and to be able to offer them again to the general public produced by someone who cares about fitment and quality!

3) Instead of being preachy and telling ME what I should do with MY time, MY knowledge, MY money, MY patience and MY free time... why dont YOU take YOUR money, YOUR time and YOUR expertise and spend it on what YOU think people want. Its so much easier to talk shit on a web forum, why not get off your ass and do something yourself... its not as easy as you think kiddo!
Knowledge is power.

I would be 100% in, but I have an S14, if you can get your hands on an S14 Type R kit and you can also include a mold. G-Sonic Type R is the best kit GP Sports has ever done IMO.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #15066
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulessphoto View Post
Shine Auto makes a G-Sonic Zero One rep.

Dorki is talking about making a G-Sonic Type R kit, which IS discontinued and not sold via GPSports's website. That'll be awesome I say go for it, and make it urethane like the Shine Auto kits.
Thank you for confirming what Ive been trying to say Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks out there that really have no clue about more obscure aero kits or brands that have long since gone from the States or ran very small production numbers of their parts!

Also, Shine isnt urethane... their parts are still made from FRP, but they have their own process for creating their resin and fabric blend (a lot of GOOD shops will do this). When FRP is done RIGHT by a shop that knows what its doing, the parts are NOT brittle, flex easily and are almost as durable as urethane/ABS plastics!

Old 01-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #15067
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

3) Instead of being preachy and telling ME what I should do with MY time, MY knowledge, MY money and MY free time... why dont YOU take YOUR money, YOUR time and YOUR expertise and spend it on what YOU think people want. Its so much easier to talk shit on a web forum, why not get off your ass and do something yourself... its not as easy as you think kiddo!
1) I know.

2) I just wanted to see what you'd say. It' discontinued, so more power to you.

3) I just like giving you a hard time.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #15068
soulessphoto
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Thank you for confirming what Ive been trying to say Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks out there that really have no clue about more obscure aero kits or brands that have long since gone from the States or ran very small production numbers of their parts!

Also, Shine isnt urethane... their parts are still made from FRP, but they have their own process for creating their resin and fabric blend (a lot of GOOD shops will do this). When FRP is done RIGHT by a shop that knows what its doing, the parts are NOT brittle, flex easily and are almost as durable as urethane/ABS plastics!
Yep, you're right. I remember reading it on their website.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #15069
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
When you reply so defensively it's easy to see why people always give you shit. LOL.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #15070
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
i always felt g sonic type r looked kind of dated, though switching from zenki turn signals to kouki position lights is a nice touch which does make it look better, it starts leaning more towards looking like bn type 1 and i hate bn type 1 lol

and yes i know 240's are dated themselves but you know what i mean, fuck, come on lol
Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #15071
Exas Spec D
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Exas Spec D is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm all for the G-sonic Type R kit. Sign me up.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:41 PM   #15072
Exas Spec D
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Exas Spec D is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My current 180SX kouki. VH powah!

R.I.P. to my previous white kouki hatch.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #15073
PW180SX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
PW180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Old 01-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #15074
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #15075
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
stuff
Off-topic kind of, but would you make a GP Sports kit for me? lol. Saw it on a Kouki and it pretty much inspired what I want to take my build direction into.

Kouki version

Zenki
http://www.rhdjapan.com/gp-sports-g-...ilvia-s14.html
Old 01-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #15076
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Off-topic
pssst... try pm's.
Old 01-18-2015, 04:43 AM   #15077
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

this reply was useless...

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 01-19-2015 at 08:09 PM..
Old 01-18-2015, 12:18 PM   #15078
hartig
Zilvia Member

hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
back on topic with this super stock 180
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #15079
winter
Zilvia Junkie

winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
just saying.
I know rough idea of mold costs. I've looked into it for other things. Marketing is everything. If you can provide good product shots and marketing material that shows the level of product you are bringing, people will be interested.

You could be like a few other companies out there, like "Super Doof" Aero and call it new aero, but they definitely have knocked off the DMAX Aero and just slightly modified a few things.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #15080
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Could you guys direct me to the Kouki 180sx thread? I think I must have taken a wrong turn...

Old 01-18-2015, 01:40 PM   #15081
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 01-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #15082
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i want kouki front end sooooo bad! tired of not being able to post full frontal shots... wait thats kinda creepy sounding lol

Old 01-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #15083
hartig
Zilvia Member

hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Could you guys direct me to the Kouki 180sx thread? I think I must have taken a wrong turn...
wow that looks awesome!
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #15084
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
i want kouki front end sooooo bad! tired of not being able to post full frontal shots... wait thats kinda creepy sounding lol

Said the guy that sells kits? That should be easy for you to get one.. what you waiting for? keeping it white?
Old 01-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #15085
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
That's looks bizarre as fuck lol
Old 01-18-2015, 10:11 PM   #15086
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No 240.. No id View Post
Said the guy that sells kits? That should be easy for you to get one.. what you waiting for? keeping it white?
not really interested in defending someone like dorkidori but this is a pretty dumb statement.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #15087
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
LOL was missing in that post, OBVIOUSLY I wasn't serious in that statement and have no problem with the dude, unlike you noobie posting shit everywhere you go..

In the mean time, welcome to Zilvia fool, keep trying to increase that posts number LOLOL.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #15088
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

trying to save up cash for a kouki front end right now... was gonna go sileighty, but i changed my mind.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 01-19-2015 at 08:10 PM..
Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #15089
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
What in the world is happening in this thread? Eeesh.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #15090
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
What in the world is happening in this thread? Eeesh.

Dorkidori is involved. That's what.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote