Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #1651
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotofu View Post
Yea that was a guess I had...is there any trick to removing it other than chopping it off?
Try holding the back of the stud from under the tower while turning the nut.

Might work.
badicalradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #1652
ho0dlumka13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
were is the recaro site where i can look up all their models?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #1653
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

badicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of lightbadicalradical is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho0dlumka13 View Post
were is the recaro site where i can look up all their models?
.: RECARO :.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #1654
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
I need help picking out what size of rod bearings I need. I want cosworth, but I'm going to get my crank polished. So would I need a size zero? Size one is standard.

Anyone?

msg lenght
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #1655
ho0dlumka13
Zilvia Member

ho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enoughho0dlumka13 will become famous soon enough
well i kinda want to check out the older reclinable seats do you have a link to those?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #1656
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
my s13 has HUD but the windshield was replaced with one that doesnt have that black patch where the m.p.h. display shows up. anything I can do besides get a HUD windshield to get that projector screen replaced?
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #1657
ho0dlumka13
Zilvia Member

your heads up still works???? LUCKY
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #1658
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
well i kinda want to check out the older reclinable seats do you have a link to those?
Are you trying to identify a seat? Other wise I don't know that there's a database of the probably hundreds of discontinued Recaro's.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #1659
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon! View Post
my s13 has HUD but the windshield was replaced with one that doesnt have that black patch where the m.p.h. display shows up. anything I can do besides get a HUD windshield to get that projector screen replaced?
Try a square of reflective tint. I went by the dealership to see if I could order just the sticker but its only sold with the windshield and my parts guy just laughed when I asked the price.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #1660
Bob_Sagat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
Bob_Sagat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sagat View Post
My dashlights wont come on (cluster/ hvac). Ive already replaced the TCU and all the fuses are fine. What else would cause this?
Anybody? Or does somebody want to come fix it and make some cash? lol. Wiring is soo not my forte.
Bob_Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #1661
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
Anyone?

msg lenght

Talk to your machine shop. They should spec it out and tell you.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #1662
ho0dlumka13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badicalradical View Post
Are you trying to identify a seat? Other wise I don't know that there's a database of the probably hundreds of discontinued Recaro's.

yesss sirrrrrrrr
Old 05-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #1663
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
yesss sirrrrrrrr

Post some pics in http://zilvia.net/f/chat/174916-identify-thread.html
I'm sure someone will know.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #1664
turbotofu
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
turbotofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Try holding the back of the stud from under the tower while turning the nut.

Might work.
Hmm, well the stud itself doesn't rotate at all though, but i'll look into that.
turbotofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #1665
DDB240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
DDB240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Okay, I've done some looking around and I want to make doubly sure of what I need before I go spending what little money I have unnecessarily. I got a whinning noise that follows after the turbo starts to spool up. I *really* don't believe it's the turbo. The turbo seems to be running fine. But I've noticed where my dash lights are dim when I start the car at night and brighten up as I start to drive. I had a mechanic tell me that he thinks it might be the bearing on the alternator going bad. If that is the case, I got an s13 sr20det redtop. I did my reading and everyone seems to say that you can use the one's off the ka24de motors, but you'd have to switch the sr20 pulley's onto it and then drill some for the mounting. Also, the plugs are supposed to be the same. Is this true and all that I'd need to do? Is it straight forward with swapping out the pulleys or is some modification required? Also, to dispell any bad info out there, is the ka24 alternator an 80 or a 90 amp? Does it make a difference? And is there a difference between the housing and amps in the ka24 alternators of the s13 and s14 respectively? Thanks in advance for any help.
DDB240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #1666
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
anyone recomend any specific Reciculating BOV?

any thoughts on the below...
http://www.frsport.com/Tial-Sport-Al...d_p_15347.html

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #1667
el ocho
Leaky Injector

el ocho is an unknown quantity at this point
I just took my sr20det out and cleaned up, new turbo and mani and extras. So we started it up last week and having some high idle issues. it stays at about 2000rpm. So I have some rookie qts cause i never originally did the swap and we found some questionable things done so now im not sure what is right anymore.

So first im guessing I should check for vacuum leaks,
and also we cant remember if the two little lines comming off the IACV were capped or left open cause there was no lines to them.

thanks
el ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #1668
b1r

b1r is an unknown quantity at this point
I am trying to remove my oil pressure sending unit on a redtop (right next to the oil filter). Does anyone know what size socket will fit that sensor? The largest socket I have currently is 19mm and it's just a little to small so my guess is it is 20-22mm. Going to buy some sockets today but just wanted to see if anyone could comment before I end up getting extra sockets.
b1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #1669
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
can you put diffrent lips on the professior sp1's (im assuming yes.) and where would i buy them/ what is there bolt patter shit. same as bbs rs's?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #1670
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1r View Post
I am trying to remove my oil pressure sending unit on a redtop (right next to the oil filter). Does anyone know what size socket will fit that sensor? The largest socket I have currently is 19mm and it's just a little to small so my guess is it is 20-22mm. Going to buy some sockets today but just wanted to see if anyone could comment before I end up getting extra sockets.
22 Deep...
Old 05-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #1671
badicalradical
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting-pedobear View Post
can you put diffrent lips on the professior sp1's (im assuming yes.) and where would i buy them/ what is there bolt patter shit. same as bbs rs's?
You'd order them from a Work Wheels dealer.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #1672
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
You'd order them from a Work Wheels dealer.
mmm. bet thats $$. was hoping they would be cheap like BBS lips are: ebay all day.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #1673
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
long story short im in need of a new fender harness, im guessing thats what its called? it runs from fuse box to fuse box.

i have an auto converted to 5speed. will i still need an auto harness?

also are fastback, coupe, vert harnesses the same? zenki and chuki?

this is a 93 coupe btw.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #1674
jiggs
Zilvia Junkie

jiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choices
how much is it for a complete s13 front clip including engine drivetrain setup, silvia front, rhd conversion shipped to hawaii 96797?...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #1675
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms!3 View Post
also are fastback, coupe, vert harnesses the same? zenki and chuki?

this is a 93 coupe btw.
simple answer on that...no...

Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #1676
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
simple answer on that...no...
fuck. well i'm sure they are not exactly the same but shouldn't they be somewhat compatible?

i cant find a 93 auto coupe part out to save my life. i just recently found a 93 vert part out. im thinking that should work?
Old 05-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #1677
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
fuck. well i'm sure they are not exactly the same but shouldn't they be somewhat compatible?

i cant find a 93 auto coupe part out to save my life. i just recently found a 93 vert part out. im thinking that should work?

you gotta worry about added or reduced wiring from the chuki to zenki...

i say get some FSM's and trace the same wiring sections down, and compare...if you have ot settle for a different model then atleast you know what does what...plugs are what im pretty sure are difference in some locations...for example, cluster plug near ecu one is white for chuki i believe, and zenki is brown...or the other way around...but u get what im sayin...

Old 05-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #1678
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
you gotta worry about added or reduced wiring from the chuki to zenki...

i say get some FSM's and trace the same wiring sections down, and compare...if you have ot settle for a different model then atleast you know what does what...plugs are what im pretty sure are difference in some locations...for example, cluster plug near ecu one is white for chuki i believe, and zenki is brown...or the other way around...but u get what im sayin...
i should be fine chuki to chuki though right?

im talking about using a 93 vert harness on a 93 coupe. both auto.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #1679
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
i should be fine chuki to chuki though right?

im talking about using a 93 vert harness on a 93 coupe. both auto.

might be...just get an FSM and track the wiring bro...

Old 05-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #1680
redline240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
redline240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I am looking into the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust. My question is whats the difference between the Nur Spec and the Nur spec R? Or there the same? thanks