View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 04:45 AM   #29
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0SH View Post
Im still trying to understand this. You are flying out to japan, buying a car and a year pass to the track and storing the car in japan and go back a few times a year to drift? This is taking an already expensive hobby to a whole new level of shit Ill never be able to afford.
You understood it correctly.

Honestly, it's cheaper for me to book a flight, hotel, and rental car, go drift for two weeks, and then come back to the US than it is for me to drift in the US.

Seat time:Cost ratio is far better in Japan.

Think about it...all the tracks in the US focus on power and steering. Foot to the floor and steer around a track. You destroy tires because your wheel speed is far greater than your cars actual speed.

In Japan, the tracks are designed to show technique in braking and drift (entering a corner sideways - not just mashing the gas pedal mid corner). This means that your car speed and wheel speed are very close which reduces tire wear. So, not only am I only going through one pair of tires for a whole days worth of driving, I'm also learning a much better, and faster, driving technique.

IMO, 100% worth it and I've learned more in Japan than I ever did drifting in the US.

I'm actually moving there this upcoming year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feast Japan View Post
Great vid man. So good to see people exploring Japan, tohoku region more importantly. Andy has a proper program going on at Ebisu, we are all very lucky he's there.
Ebisu is really great, and the guys at PV are second to none. It's amazing what they've done.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote