View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
adversedroyd

Trader Rating: (2)
adversedroyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb How Do you drift This track? Drift techniques

[IMG][/IMG]
How do you drift that track?
Hey everyone I wanted to make a thread to improve eachother’s driving and maybe help other’s that are starting out. I couldn’t find any info on drifting specific tracks so I decided to start one.
For now I am only posting So Cal Tracks that I have driven.
Rules for posting:
1. State the level of car you have along with model. (levels will be posted below)
2. State the track you are describing and tell us your line, shifting points and break points.
3. What tires and size are you running psi.
4. No bashing each other. Or negative comments! Let’s make this a thread where we can improve each other’s driving techniques.
CAR Levels
Level 0: Complete Stock (can have lowering springs and shocks)
Level1: Has coil overs, Welded or vlsd, may have steering rack spacers and after market bushings. (light suspension mods)
Level2: Aftermarket or extended lower control arms tension rods modified/welded knuckles, hydro e-brake.
Level 3: After market knuckles (from a reputable company) full front and rear suspension. After market Brakes full cage.
Level 4: Full pro drift car all bells and whistles.

Power Levels
Level 0: Stock (can have aftermarket intake) making anywhere from manufacture spec to plus 10 horsepower.
Level 1: Making 20-50 horsepower above manufacture spec. Can be Turbo or supercharged or N/A.
Level2: Making anywhere from 51-150 extra horsepower from manufacture spec.
Level 3: Non oem engine state engine or power.
Level 4: Any engine over 500 horsepower

Ill start the thread with Willow springs Balcony.

Car Nissan 240sx s13 hatch
Level 1.0 running 195/60/R15 to 205/65/R15 rear and 205/50/R15 Fronts

This is roughly the line I use. As I come in to the first corner I usually am in the top of second gear. I press my clutch and pull the ebrake enough to get my rear tires loose. I counter steer in the first corner while maintaining drift by giving it gas. Just as I pass the mid lane I begin to prepare for the transition. I turn the steering wheel towards the second corner, as I do I give a light tap on the brakes. Slide for a second and clutch kick to maintain drift and rpms high. I continue counter steering and giving it gas as needed, As I approach the house/wall. Here Depending on the line I am on I transition and clutch kick or tap the brake while transition slide and then clutch kick. At the end I try to go as wide as possible while maintaining drift by continuing to clutch kick in different spots as needed. The whole track I do in second gear. Only recently have I tried 3rd Gear entries.

How do you drift Balcony?

Last edited by adversedroyd; 02-26-2015 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Picture wasn't showing up.
adversedroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links