View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lude4life13 View Post
So does having a staggered setup "hurt" or is it just that there is no need for it? I am currently running the same wheels (8 rear 7.5 fronts) and I have 245/40 in the rear and 225/45 in the fronts, but I don't have enough seat time to have noticed the differences from previous setup. I may be getting new tires in the next year so i'd like to optimize my choice in size.
Wider tires in the rear means that the rear has more available grip. This makes the car tend to understeer off the throttle. The only reason to run staggered tires is if you have enough HP that you have trouble keeping the rear end in line on the throttle.

I would suggest a 225/45 front 235/40 rear setup. Since the 225/45's are a little taller the contact patch will be a little longer. With the shorter 235/40's in the rear this should have a pretty balanced feel without looking funny or promoting too much off-throttle understeer.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote