View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 05:15 AM   #19
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post

Torqueless wonder is beyond accurate. The final corner of the layout we've had recently was somewhat slow, big flick, bit of hand brake and a clutch kick would get the rear out no problem, but keeping the tires spinning was another story. I think I was running around 40psi on some all seasons and about half way through the corner it was struggling to keep wheel speed. I was trying to clutch kick again mid corner, but it would grip up and I'd end up backwards

I think throwing in the 4.9 I have would have helped a ton, but since I'm driving to each event its not ideal for the freeway. Only positive to still having a 4.11 is I could cruise at 80mph no prob from my house to the track. With the 4.6, where do you sit in the RPM range around 65-70mph?

Its been a bit since I've had the 4.6 in the car, but I think I was around 3.5-4k at about 70-75mph. It's a bit higher than the 4.08 but not unbearable. I was also running a oem exhaust so it was nice and quiet, aside from the diff howling due to uneven wear / backlash.

Def want to try a new gearset out but I'm going to finish up the turbo kit and see how the car feels with the 4.08 that's in it now.