View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 01:52 PM   #7689
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I would not use the upper hole on those crossmembers. As much as street faction likes to tout that they "engineer" their products, they do not. Motary has models of bump steer with the control arms moved up and they are much worse than stock.
It is hard to tell from the photo but yeah you can see the control arm pivot is definitely higher than the tie rod pivot. And if the models are out there then yeah, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Also, with regards to alignment: Unless you're planning on driving in the wet a lot, an alignment with front toe in and low-ackerman knuckles will make the turn in quite poor, and the car will understeer. I highly recommend starting from zero and adjusting toe out as you like it. You'll find steady state handling is quite dependent on static toe settings, and I almost always end up running some kind of toe out on MacPherson suspension setups.
I didn't realize the PBM cut knuckles reduce Ackerman. Either way I don't think that .08° of front toe in will result in catastrophic understeer. Going from zero toe to OEM spec toe in on my car helped tremendously with bump steer. Far more comfortable on the road, it understeers ever so slightly when brought up to the limit and initiating a slide is still as easy as before. With that being said, I have stock knuckles and OEM Ackerman.
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote