View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
You aren't paying for the crazy ability of a SnapOn/Cornwell/MAC/Matco performance over another - you're paying for the convenience of someone coming to you to sell you shit and not ask for the full amount all in one shot and you're paying for the warranty. Sure, there are small differences in forging and materials but at the end of the day, I'll spend more knowing I'll never ever have to buy that shit again unless I lose it or it's stolen because the warranty covers me. Some people will go out and think SnapOn or whatever is the fucking shit and wear all their clothes and that's all fine and dandy but unless a specific brand has something SIGNIFICANTLY better than the other, I go with what's in my face. On Tuesday's if I need something, Cornwell gets my business. If it's a Friday, SnapOn does. If there is a massive price difference between the two, I go with whoever has the better product for the cost involved.

My main triple banks are filled with [and not limited to, just what comes to mind]:
Sockets: SnapOn
Wrenches: SnapOn
Picks/drivers: Cornwell
Prybars: SnapOn
Ratchets: SnapOn
Toolboxes: SnapOn/MAC
Power tools: Milwaukee
Air tools: SnapOn
Pliers: SnapOn/Cornwell/Knipex

Meanwhile, my roll cart that it's only function is to stay in my trailer is a BluePoint roll cart with BluePoint [SnapOn] and BluePower [Cornwell] tools with Milwaukee power tools. You can spend a lot for a little and get the job done but you can also spend a little for a lot and do the same shit. It's how you value your budget, your tools and your performance.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote