View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #10
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea man I’ve seen a few people interested in this swap, I can def understand the availability of the Motor as well as being able to hit 500whp and all the aftermarket parts available as well haha

What I don’t understand is why someone would want to go from a 2.4 to a 2.4 with so much customization to make it work. But hey at least you will have some variable valve timing and definitely have something different.
Good luck man, will be following the progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
there's a couple of reasons. I've always been die hard KA guy for the 6 years I've owned this car, but KA are getting old and hard to come by in good shape anymore. I've worked on RBs and they are just long and heavy. Also they can be a bitch to work on. so RB and JZ is out, but if could get a hold of a Barra in the states you bet that would be going in tho. Which leads to another thing I wanted.

I wanted something different some thing challenging. yeah I could scrape up the cash to drop in an LS but everyone and their mother has done it now. one of the motors I've always wanted as a 13B or 20B but thats a bit to exotic and my pockets don't go that deep yet. But K24 fits the bill. As far a I know this will be the 5th one to be completed, the 3rd turbo K series, and the 1st to run a CD trans (I got collins first kit which explains all the delays). stone motorsport has their turbo k24 in ireland and TNTgarage in Austraila has a turbo K20. I've actully talked to the owner of the TNTgarage s13 on facebook and hes a cool dude. theres also the speed academy S14, and an s13 with a K20 that was up forsale in New Jersey last year.

But I've always loved Hondas. I still miss my 91 DOHC ZC EF hatch. the K series is a great engine its much motor modern then any other 4cyl or 6cyl we drop into 240s. shit its still in production and I can go get replacement engines at picknpull for 250$ all day long. the stock block will hold 500whp with E85 or racegas. its been fairly costly to get it in but once its in its dirty cheap to fix just like an LS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote