View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
So I looked at the swift spring test thread you posted. It shows that between the springs tested (Eibach, H&R, Hipercoil, Cross among them), Swift springs deviated from the specified force value the least (no more than 5 lb/in of travel). So this seems to be the most plausible of the stated advantages that the layman driver might actually be able to feel.

The other obvious advantage are the fewer number of coils which increases the springs maximum stroke and reduces its weight. Assuming our imaginary layman driver doing his comparison just driving down the road and not "maxing out" his springs then I think we can also exclude this advantage as a factor. Spring weight is a significant factor but again, is the typical 240 driver that brags about his new springs after driving around town really feeling the different between a slightly lighter spring? I don't think so.

I also read through your thread. Specifically the back and forth between Def and NINJAS14. Nothing was really established and Def's stance falls on the side of my opening post.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
Linear and progressive spring rates are what you are looking for.
No I'm not.

Last edited by Speed Junkie; 01-09-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote