View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #81
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
GTR is not using a "different system". Its the same "computer controlled duel clutch system" as the others. Its the same Borgwarner system used in the the VAG products. It's better then a torque-converter automatic, but its not as fun as pressing a clutch in and rowing my own gears.

As far as the rest of your dribble, you obviously didn't understand my point in "if I'm paying 80k, its for the car I want and not "causes it's faster". If that is your criteria, why the fuck are you on a 240 board and not a Corvette one?
Ok you are clueless if you think the internals of the GTR trans are an off the shelf Borg Warner system. Nissan is owned by Renault. Renault uses a dual clutch semi automatic in their F1 car the same technology is being used in the GTR . If you think its the standard Borg Warner stuff you need to do a more research.

Now to address you calling my comments dribble, it shows you really can't respond properly.

Dribble? No , accurate response to you stating you would a Ferrari 360 over a GTR yes. The Ferrari 360 is a entry level Ferrari that the GTR will make mince meat in practically all aspects of performance.
Plus you will pay 60k for one used and still not get the performance level.

Hence the comment of using a 458 Italia being a much more formidable challenge.

I really think you miss the point of a GTR all together. Its not about looks so much as performance. Sure some of us like the look of a GTR but most can agree its not the prettiest automobile to hit the showroom floor.

What it delivers dollar for dollar wise is beyond reproach. The closest thing to that value is a Corvette which I do happen to like in some aspects.
The difference is the Nissan is better in the fit and finish department and all out bang for the buck in my opinion.

Now to answer your whole why the fuck am I on a 240 board. This shows just how clueless you are.

The 240sx gives you quite a bit of dollar for dollar performance. In fact it was closer to the whole concept of the original 240z than most Z's. Even Mr K has commented that he feels the current generation of Z's while good do not quite get to the level of that concept.

A 240sx fastback actually does. I bought a 240sx fastback back in the day over a Z32. I am here because of that. I like these cars.

You go for a car because you like it. Not because its the prettiest or sexiest thing on the block.
If I had used your line of thinking? I might not even have bought a 240 because while not bad looking its not the sexiest car out there.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote