View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #74
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMadess View Post
SO. is a more "efficient" engine with high hp/liter better then the rest?? you bet your ass it is. lower displacement comes with lower weight. Maybe its just me, call it pretentious, but I just don't think I would ever be ready to spend 110k on mediocrety. I'd want every last penny of my hard earnt money to buy the very best. I'd rather spend less money, and get more out of it. which would bring us to a different subject of investing the price difference on the GTR and bring them into the same "price category". The ZR1 would lose outright, but that's a completely different topic.

Lets also for the sake of argument bring the Ferrari 458 Italia into the comparisson...

LS1: 350hp, 365 ft-lb, 5.7 liters, ohv, 6700 rpm redline. BOOOOORRRRIING.
Ferrari Italia Engine: 560hp@9000rpm, 400ft-lb@6000rpm with 80% of torque available from 3250rpm WOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from a 4.5 liter!!!!! heavy?? no..torqueless?? hardly. boring? what do you think.... for "ricer math" my arguments make yours look like "muscle ignorance"

Oh and I don't read super street I read Moddified Mag, Car&Driver and Road&Track. good discussion, I'm over it tho

GTR, Autotragic only... BOOORRRRINNG.

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote