View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #26
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey13 View Post
Buying and asset 23 years ago for $22,000, which is now worth $5-10K fails every existing definition of what an investment is. This, without taking into consideration taxes, title, registration fees and operating costs.

If the OP gets his asking price, which approaches the ceiling for what an OBDII zenki is currently worth, then you'll be waiting a very, very long time for any demonstrable appreciation in value. Just drive the car and enjoy it.

The only person that will be able to call this a "good investment" is the OP, as he likely paid 1/3 of his asking price for the car, as I don't think any 70 year old knows what a drift tax is.

**disclaimer; I could talk about investments all day and in no way am I trying to discourage the sale of this car, at any price.
Oh yeah lol if you bought it BRAND NEW then it's not an investment. I mean nowadays they tend to be. S13 prices have gone up and mine will most likely net me at least double what I paid for it..if I ever grow the balls to sell it.