View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #672
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
They were *cough* 'developed' *cough* for drifting but do address roll center
Jimmy mostly tracks his car so he would be the best person to ask
once his knuckles are done
on that note, Mike started making the one-off bushings for them
I'll try post up some pics tomorrow

Joel, stay away from those rack spacers, that's some scary shit

aren't you an engineer? Design me a structurally sound modular aluminum upright
kind of like the ones on the Sierra Sierra Time Attack Evo
and I'll be your best friend

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Feat...2_2TLxp-X2.jpg
Which Jimmy are you talking about? I know more than one on here.

Yea, I wasn't looking forward to using those. I'm sure they cause a lot of stress at the joints.

Lol! Man, if I had a Mill, let alone access to one, then yes, I would make some kind of forged upright. I began designing one, but I became too busy with other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdb View Post
I would highly recommend a roll center adjuster similar to what the Driftwork spindles achieves. I like them a lot (front only right now) not only because they add a sharper feel with much, much less roll, but also because the steering arm was modified. THis decreases the steering ratio which I found beneficial during turn in (arms aren't crossed up) and during oversteer correction (fast steering ratio helps a lot with reaction).

The amount of correction the Driftworks knuckles is plenty. Addition of the Moonface roll center adjuster is overkill. BUt doesn't hurt to try if you're curious, just your wallet.
Uggh... They are expensive..

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote