View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 08:22 PM   #176
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
UPDATE!

So, after using the SEM high build primer. I smoothed out the gusset plates and complete the shave bay look like tuzzio mentioned...
IMG_20190826_1139416 by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

Later, Burnsauto from here on zilvia, came by and did a little more body filler work on the wheel tubs and REALY made them nice and straight. They do look awesome!!!

After that, I wiped down the bay with pre-paint prep, and sprayed the 2k Filler primer. 3 Coats and i let it sit a couple days to cure.
DSC_9105edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

DSC_9106edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

Also sprayed the core support with 2k filler primer (in the background)
DSC_9109edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

Loving her car!! she says she wants some mesh wheels for it... maybe some vs-xx or bbs wide(r) meshies?
DSC_9113edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

Using this stuff helps keep the panels you sand straight!
DSC_9121edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

Wet sand- 400grit, wet sand- 600grit
DSC_9119edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

making sure everything is ready to go when i sprayed it the day after.
DSC_9122 by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

Basecoat on the core support and engine bay!!
DSC_9131edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

DSC_9133edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

DSC_9136edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

I didn't take any photos of the mid-coat And I ALMOST didn't spray it since I liked the look of the basecoat/metallic in it...But i'm glad i did because it adds just the right amount of pearl/flakes on top of the base-coat. I put 2 coats of clear on.
DSC_9138edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

DSC_9139edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

DSC_9141edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr

DSC_9148edit by Jimmy Acri II, on Flickr
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote