View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 08:26 PM   #168
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnow View Post
Enjoyed reading up on your build. You have a good taste in modifying your 240 which makes this super entertaining to follow!

Keep up the good work.
Thanks redsnow! i will always like a clean, simple, street-able car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13marine View Post
Hey man awsome watching your build. Makes me wish i documented my build as well as yours so i could post it. Very professional work. I lived in the Delaware county area prior to moving out to California wish i would have seen this back then. I dont know many other s13 guys.
Thanks s13marine! I ALWAYS get caught up in the work, and forget to take pictures. I can't count how many times i could have picked it up to further document and didnt. but having the pictures i do, is a very nice reminder of what it took me to accomplish my goals!

ONTO my semi-annual update.....

So, after getting the car to the point of he firewall welded in, i put the car on the back burner for a bit to get some much needed house/yard work done!

I started with a small patio made from old railroad ties and some stone. this area was really bugging me the way it looked before, so i finally did this..

Finished up with some 3/4" pearl pebbles. Put a small table and a bench me and Ericka restored with new planks, stain, and paint.

Next project

First off, I dont mind my neighbors at all, they can live however they want, but i was really disgusted seeing all the trash, dead leaves/sticks, 2ft tall grass/weeds, disgusting (probably mosquito infested) baby pool in their yard

So! i decided that it was time to put up a fence. I really like to be the cool car guy neighbor and if ANY of them need help they can come to me and ill help!! But i just wanted a little more privacy and put a 6ft fence up instead of 4ft height,

Stinging it out to make sure its a straight line.

Had a couple people from my job(s) come by to help out! Post holes dug and posts in!

My dad moving a couple bags with the tractor.

Had to let the posts setup over night even though it was "fast-setting" concrete.

Started about 930-10am, and finished about 430pm putting up the stringers AND the pickets by myself.

Just sitting there, waiting patiently to go out.... Or for me to work on the damn car...

Speaking of the car. I started by finishing up welding the rest of the area around the tubs/frame. Adding some pieces so when i re-finish with filler its will be smooth with minimal hard corners/edges/angles. Since i've had a little more time with the welder, (i think) my welds/technique have improved a tiny bit. I still need MUCH more time with it though!!

After those areas were done, i added some more material to the edges.

Had to make a new bracket for the front of the fender to bolt to, and added some more material to smooth out/straighten/follow the edges under/along the fender.

Welded in some washers and nuts for the hardware to screw into.

Core support back on for new headlight brackets!!!!

CHOP CHOP!!!

GRIND GRIND!!!

Also made a piece to support the bumper while i re-fit the lights as a semi-guide.

Bought some cheap smoked corners off ebay. I'm going to add an amber tint to make them look semi-factory, since i like that look of having the different colors on the car.

I've definitely missed seeing the front end kind of together.

Tabs made and held in place.

after measuring and measuring a bunch of times i tacked, then took off to weld the top sections in place.

To hold the tabs for the outside of the lights, an idea that Auto Collect Storm inspired me to use.

Made some paper templates for each side.

Traced them to some metal.

This thing landed on the vise as i was grinding, grabbed the closest thing to smack it with, and hit it!! Anyone know what it was? Looked like it had a needle between the eyes, and was acting like it was stinging the vise with its butt when it landed...

Setup and welded the inside.

Continued in next post
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote