View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 04:45 PM   #4
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_H View Post
Thanks for this, this is super useful and tbh quite exciting, especially as that's the smaller housing again. It says Pump in the dyno run at the bottom, was that a pump gas run? And are you sure that's the 0.49? If it is, amazing.

I won't be using E85, I'll be using UK 98 RON fuel. I am trying to find what that means in the USA on google, looks like the comparison would be 90 MON or 94 PON, does that make sense?

I haven't been told I need to go bigger, I appreciate how well the compressor flow on these G series turbos.

I had a twin scroll EFR7670 on my last SR20DET and it was just awfully mismatched to me, so I'm looking for a much punchier car.
Indeed the bottom run is on pump gas, but he tuned it extremely conservative, as the car (not mine) will be running E85 almost exclusively and 91 octane would only be for emergencies or flushing the fuel system. I am positive it's the .49 housing, that's the only reason I saved all that info. It's even on the factory SR exhaust manifold! People still have that old Garrett mentality, and it just doesn't apply to modern turbos with properly matched turbine to compressor sizes and good turbine wheel design.

Yeah your 98ron is basically like 92 octane here.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote