Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #150
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
^False^

Im pretty sure Hemp would put the paper companys out of business. Because 1 hemp grows alot lot more faster then trees so it replenishes its self faster then trees. 2 It will be alot less harmful to the environment because you can have a hemp farm to produce all the hemp you want without cutting down millions and millions of trees to make the same amount of hemp paper.
I think you missed my point. The United States can continue to cut down trees RIGHT NOW. They can't just pop up Hemp farms overnight. It takes time, capital, and employees. And to be totally honest I would not see it putting PAPER out of business, unless of course they stopped using wood to build thing and started using Hemp. Paper isn't just made from raw trees, the leftovers from production of lumber are also used as an example. Hemp has little uses at the moment to the market, you don't see a large demand for Hemp clothing, or Hemp paper for that matter. Hemp products haven't taken off because frankly they are not worth the cost IMO. I mean hell they have existed for MANY years.