View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #76
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Nope it will not pull oil out at all.... Basically there are already baffles in the valve cover which which prevent that. Those baffles extend beyond where the E in Valve is... there are two large oil drains from the head there in that area as well, so on a steep grade there is no oil that can be sucked from that rear fitting. Also on a steep hill, altough you are pulling vacuum, I doubt there is enough vacuum to suck out oil from the intake side + like you said the PVC is pull vacuum two so there isn't an in-balance in pressure... But yah those baffles extend WAY beyond (back towards the firewall ) than where we put the fitting, so its optimal placement there. Also if running 500+ HP you can install another fitting in the same location on the other side of the valve cover.... But 800+ like on the article I posted, its better to leave it open because there isn't going to be enough vacuum to suck out the blowby coming off of it.

Side note, we thought about putting it on the side of the valve cover, the rear fitting, but it actually probably won't distribut pressure as evenly as the middle of the valve cover. At the same time fluid probably won't disperse uniformly as well.

Yah maybe AN's are the way to go... I suspect it is collapsing though as you said.... Lets just say DDing the thing and also on the track, I can tell pretty well what my setup is doing... I think I am going to ask Luke to see what he suggests.