View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
Skylinechaos

Trader Rating: (2)
Skylinechaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Fortuneka's KA Hatch

Hello Zilvia,

Having killed a lot of time in class reading these threads I have finally decided to start my own! I know some say that Zilvia is a dying forum, but I have learned so much on here that I figured Id maybe give back a little and add my 2 cents.

Some background: I started getting into s chassis in middle school and high school and I instantly knew that I had to have one. Watching old risky devil videos and option clips on youtube and reading build threads really inspired me to one day build and drift my own s13. Sure enough junior year rolled around and I bought my first car November 2 2015, a 1991 Nissan 240sx hatch. The car was straight out of the 240 missile crisis. Plastidiped matte grey, shot valve stem seals, gutted interior, welded diff it was a mess but it was rust free and had good bones which for a Chicago car says alot.

Being in high school and having a minimal budget I had to pick and choose my battles. First was replacing all of the cheap ebay parts, trying to get the car driving straight and restoring the interior.

Junk ebay wheel, hub and quick release

Put in a radio and speakers

Peeled of the dip to reveal the junk paint

Picked up some 26mm Z32 calipers from a buddy cause good brakes are never a bad thing

Heres the initial alignment specs with its bent tie rods

Being able to use my high school autoshop I decided to bite the bullet and pick up some parts so I could get it aligned before summer. So I bought rack bushings, Fortune auto prime coilovers, adjustable rucas, isr tension rods and isr inner and outer tie rods (do NOT buy these they stripped out and I ended up just buying some moog oem style). I also rebuilt and refinished the front calipers which I ended up shaving to fit my junk wheels

The local drag strip then decided that summer to hold some drift events on their skid pad so I decided to show off the fact that I couldnt drift a car for shit. I guess you only get better with practice. So I went to couple of those in the summer

Forgot to mention that I had bought some isr aluminum lug nuts that decided to strip on me which caused one of my front wheels to fall off. I figured it was a good time to go 5 lug so I bought some new hubs and 2 s14 wheels and swapped my front to 5 lug while I saved up the buy wheels for the rear.
I also had my water pump go out so I decided to do the whole cooling system. This included ISR hoses, Cxracing radiator and a couple speedhut gauges for water temp and oil pressure. I also found some s14 seats local and some black carpet.

Also had the same good buddy that sold me the calipers give me 1 17x9.5 +15 mb battle so I bought a 2nd and threw them on

Then bought 2 17x9 +22 cosmis s5r local for really cheap and swap the rear to 5 lug

Getting to be winter of 2016 I put the car away and picked up a daily, a 1998 Isuzu Trooper. I then pulled the subframe, put it in the back of the trooper and drove around with it in the back, slowly working on it when i had time.

Did stance subframe risers, Gktech gussets and some more adjustable arms (sorry about the obnoxious purple)

After throwing that together I was in my last semester of high school which meant I only had the spring left to work on my car in the auto shop. I decided that it was finally time to fix the oil burning and refresh the motor. This then snowballed into tubing the car, painting the bay etc. Learned how to do my first welds, learned how to use a plasma cutter and an angle grinder. It was a big ordeal but in the end it was worth it.

I think Ive hit the limit on pictures at think point so I will have to make a part 2. If anyone is actually reading this, thank you! Feel free to give some feedback or ask questions if you have them.

Last edited by Skylinechaos; 08-11-2019 at 10:58 PM..
Skylinechaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links