View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 10:54 PM   #68
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
sunday started off cool. trying to figure out the new setup while learning the track reverse was a challenge. it became very apparent that getting my rack moved forward is necessary to take full advantage of the knuckles. having a 4.3 is awesome. i've never had the ability to actually maintain a drift in third gear before hahaha

i was having a ton of fun just trying to rip as hard as i could, but was only able to get 5-6 full drifting runs in due to the run group getting black flagged a bunch of times (broken cars on track) and the car getting a little warmer than i was comfortable with. and then there was fire...

it seems that an off-track excursion caused my downpipe to separate from the turbo, which was enough to get something ignited under the hood, which spread to the breather tube, hood, and bmc. i had an extinguisher in my car, but it didn't really do anything. a guy behind me hopped out of his car and tried to help too, but his extinguisher didn't really do anything either, so we just had to sit there and wait until the professionals arrived.

the damage doesn't really look too bad. hood, a couple tubes, and some heat shielding were the only real casualties. probably also need to replace the coil pack harness, throttle cable, and windshield cowell cover. really just don't want to have to clean everything up. going to be a mess and a pain in the ass