View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #30
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
very interesting idea. I wonder if there is a correlation between manual transmission cars + cracked fuel tanks, given the prevalence of bad subframe bushings and manual transmission vs automatic cars without that issue. The 96 I have is original auto, still auto, and doesn't have a cracked fuel tank yet...

so anyone with an auto car, acquired a cracked tank with the auto and good subframe bushings... all it would take is 1 person to come forward to more or less eliminate the theory.
My original 95 auto developed a crack in the typical spot while it was still an auto with decent condition bushings.

I suspect it’s a manufacturing defect. Every leak I’ve heard of is in the same spot every time. I’d be willing to bet that the plastic gets very thin in the area.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote