View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
Idatenkichi

Trader Rating: (0)
Idatenkichi is an unknown quantity at this point
AC leaking and water stains on dashboard

I have a S14. Last year when the summer came, I noticed the AC was not cool at all so I refilled the Freon. Right after the refilling, water was leaking from bottom of my car. I don’t remember quite clearly, water probably was leaking near the tail of the car. My mechanic said it’s just AC water. Also there were water stains on top of the dashboard (maybe from defrost vent). Even if I cleaned them, the next day the stains would start to appear, and the issue had been going on for quite some time, probably before last summer.

When this summer came, the AC was not cold again. It must be leaking. The funny thing is the stains stop to appear. My mechanic checked the car, probably without dye Freon. He said the condenser is dusty and the compressor is greasy and that’s where the leaking problem is.

I am wondering if the stains and the AC leaking have any connection. Maybe the evaporator or the tubes around dashboard are leaking. The mechanic said unlikely. I googled and could find almost nothing. Does anyone know or have similar experience?
Idatenkichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links