View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #135
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Spontanious decided to place the radiator in the rear.

Positive:

Better cooling
Better wheight balance
More space in engine bay
More flow trough the intercooler

Negative

Noisy
Could be fatal if one of the lines gets a rift
More cost to a build that have already ruined me

Also have to get the air out of the trunk, so this was the best thing to do

after

this is how it looks from the inside

Made and welded in some braces to mount the radiator to, and this was the best position. I didn't want it standing vertically as it would look so ugly haha. Plan is to make either a Lexan or carbon fibre duct for the air to get out.

Also need to make everything look nice as well! It's only half done yet.

I could not take any more pictures of the cylinder head, as it is in another garage for fixing a intake valve leak in cyl. 2

Hoping to rebuild the motor in the coming 2 weeks, depending on how much time I got for it. The other garage wich is "dust free" is about 2 hours of driving from here :P

More updates to come

adding a few random pics :

Fres beginning of a new day, whats better than an entire Sunday at the garage?

First step I had in mind was getting the engine lowered and into the right position!

Found the upper oilpan, lifted the block out of the car and put on the upper oilpan and mounted it back to the gearbox.
at first I got it about 1 cm lowered, sitting about 2cm above the steering.

Took the jack, a small plank and place it underneat of the front of the oilpan.

lowered it so it laid on the steering, than raised it by 1,5mm
Now it's about to get tight!

Now its about 30mm lower than originally mounted by Nissan!

Custom bellhousing, cut it off the primera gearbox.

About the CAS, I took the one who came with the engine and cut off the plastic cover from it, to see whats inside

Took a spare 54c cylinder head and lait it ontop of the block to check how things would mount

I also had to measure how low the engine now sits the ground, 61cm on the spot!

To do this I just slammed on some coilovers in the front and lower arms + Knucles and put some wheels on in the front, and laid it on some planks in the rear

Oilpan - "How low can your SR20 go?"

Also mounted some more things into the enginebay, to see how it will look when done.

Tires that I plan to run. Yokohama Advan. 250 in front, 280 rear

Have to make a downpipe and exhaust!!

About 10mm of clearance, but I didn't realise the cylinder head was not placed right at the moment, So I was glad that it seemed to fit! ;/

Opened the CAS

the Autronic can read this plate, it got like 350 tooth or something, but It would not be the best.
Luckily for me, I already had a special made Autronic trigger plate for the SR20 Cas =D

Got the head on spot later, showed about 1mm clearance!

So, plan is to cut away the piece that hits the firewall. It is no point keeping it anymore anyway..

The scratces above the paint, its from how far up the engine was originalle sitting, when I started checking how the CAS would fit many weeks ago, surely i have gotten it lowered!

Pizza is needed when we stay here all day!No worries, car needs to be repainted anyway though
Custom motor mounts

I also visited my M8's garage today. He is an experte when it comes to cylinder heads! He is a Ingeniour working at the Kongsberg Aero group facility, working with Air flow in engines. When I first saw the BTCC head he literally fingered it and smiled

Took a snap of the head, laying there on one of his benches.
Note the combustin chamber is machined all out for 90mm bore with not much Squish.

We have talked about the valvesizes. I could insert 2mm Ø larger valves on the exhaust, and 1mm Ø larger intake, but if I do that they would be in touch when they are closed, and it could cause failure.

Also made the upper radiator mounts!

For the request:

totally knifed and HUGE. It cannot even be compared to a normal SR20 head ports... About 55mm <->

I know the garage looks like a Hobo nest! :O That is because of a lot of people dropping by to see how it looks and things get super messy. Have to do a major cleanup soon!!

Good night