View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #110
Esserz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Esserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the rough
All loaded up and ready to go down to Bowling Green at the NCM track! Super excited to compete with other LS's and get some nice advice from other drivers. I'm a bit in the minority with a import car there, but that's okay I like the uniqueness of it all.

I drove down with a buddy that has an LS swapped rx8 that was also competing:

LS fest was packed, there were over 200 competitors for the Auto-x. they split them up between two groups (one at each track) to let everyone get their runs in. On the second day we switched locations.

saw a fellow norotors friend "Kevin Doe" there, with his much more purpose built FD! It was nice being able to talk to someone with similar setups!

Some on course photos below. Yes this is me loosing traction and hitting a cone lol.

After all the day's festivities I was able to relax while the car show happened. I got a lot of questions and compliments on the swap:

The first night was the drag race. I knew I wanted to see what the car would do, but I was also afraid to break my stock Mazda rear diff and not be able to compete in the next day's races. So I left off idle and completely fugged the 60 foot, but was still satisfied with my time and trap speed despite the slow take off.
In line waiting to make a pass:

And the slip...

My goal is to come back when not on street tires and make a better pass! the event also made it apparent how much the 4.10 rear gear was holding me back. I was having to shift into 5th to cross the 1/4 mile which was killing time and trap speed. The traction is also hard to control with the 4.10 on the track, some courses I had to shift as well. A gear change is in the near future.

All in all, I ended up placing in the top 15% of the entire group based upon the Auto-x times. I was super happy with this, as the cars in front of me were purpose built cars dedicated to auto-x. And I was on the smallest tires at the event ha! It's some good motivation to get a new tire setup and come back next year.