View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #46
BenRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
So the old girl got a bit of a spruce up on Sunday. New rear bumper, a new boot wing and a thorough clean inside and out were the order of the day.

But if I’m completely honest I’m not 100% convinced this looks good. The front looks how I wanted it too, apart from my shoddy guard work of course, but the rear just isn’t right.

For it to work I’m thinking the roof spoiler is too “abrupt” and the rear edge needs to taper back towards the front rather than go straight down. So it’s either remove and alter the existing one or buy a new one.

The rear guards will get a bit of treatment in the next few weeks, but thankfully by some much more experienced hands than mine. This will happening once it’s had a wheel alignment to setup the front toe correctly and reduce the rear camber down to -1deg. I’ll reduce the space to allow this to happen and then get the guards flared to accommodate 9.5′s with 215/45 @ +6 or at the least the current +11. Maybe these changes will help tie it in.

Either way, when it only had the roof wing, FK front and sides and Vertex rear it looked pretty cool, and it’s easy enough to go back to this.
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote