View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #43
BenRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
Currently finishing off installing S14 LCA’s. Ball joints are swapped over, just need to tighten ball joint bolts and give it an eyecrometer toe adjustment and it can get dropped down. Have just ground off the lock stops for now, but will get the adjustable stops transferred over from the S13 LCA’s and gusseting added soon.

Test fitted the painted FK front and a side. Looks so cool, and the extra track on the front from the S14 LCA’s (now effectively 9’s @ -10) will mean the outer lip of the wheels will still be wider than the outer edge of the kit. The side skirts will need a little bit of stretching so I’m going to mount them as solidly as possible and hit them with a heat gun.

And the subframe for transporting the bumper on top of the a-frame when towing is finished. It was all TIG’d up by a mate Mike Dalton (Zerofighter guy) and is nice and strong. It uses a section of A31 Cefiro bumper iron and can be removed from the a-frame by undoing only 4 bolts. I’m tempted to get it and the halfcage powdercoated matte gold but that can be something for later on.

This pic doesn’t show the side stays welded on yet but that’s all done now, and once the car is back on the ground again I’ll mount it all up and snap off some pics. The stays have plates added on the end that the ends of the bumper sit on. The plates and underside of the bumper will get a couple of holes drilled through so I can secure the bumper during transit. Another couple of tie’s on the bumper iron section and she’s good to go.

Next I think I’ll investigate how hard it will be to fit a removable 4-wheel tyre rack on top of the a-frame. Logic says no as it’d put too much downward pressure on the hitch bolts, and would need to be braced rather heavily as the wheels would sit 600mm above the a-frame. But solutions seem to present themselves after a few beers and a bit of staring so will see what happens.
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote