View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #312
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
The day I realized I was an Old Grumpy Asshole in the automotive world.....

Attend local meet. See a bunch of newer model cars (aka BLAND) modified. Finally see a super clean FC and AE86 roll in. OG guys flock to the clean 80's-90's chassis, discuss the trash in the parking lot and talk about how the 90's Japanese tuner cars will never be equaled. Kids in the lot glance at the cars and move on to the slammed/stanced/bagged cars.

I would like to think its because kids in the "scene" do not have taste but perhaps its because I am now that old guy in the lot who is stuck on the classics.
Same thing happened to me. I stopped going to those meets. I now have fallen into the Cars and Coffee stuff, you know, old guy meets.