Thread: Ca18det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #70
boosteds13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
boosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really niceboosteds13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240
Wow.. very informative thread. BUT, (flame suit on) nobody hsa ever told me wether or not the CA18 has a BOV from the factory, or if it has a recirc. valve? Also, money is very tight for me right now, and the only reason im thinking of a CA swap so soon (without being "one with the motor") is because my KA took a dump on my chest, so i was wondering, since most motorsets i see dont come with the factory intercooler and piping, what is the best way to run intercooler piping for an fmic without relocating the battery? I really dont want to relocate my battery, because my trunk is already full.
If you're on a budget, don't get a CA. No, the CA does not have a BOV from the factory, and without ghetto rigging the IC piping, there is no way to keep the stock battery. The CA indoubtedly is going to need some heavy maintenance before you put it in. Items such as the water pump, timing belt, t-belt tensioner, t-belt idler. You SHOULD get a new oil pump while the motor is out of the car. Its not something you want to fail on you. Figure at minimum $1,000 on top of the cost of the motorset to get it in and running (downpipe, fuel pump, IC, maintenence stuff, boost gauge, and tons of misc hoses, clamps and fittings).

boosteds13 is offline   Reply With Quote