View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #21
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
So, been busy chipping away at this thing. Got some cool things in the mail aswell. I’ve also decided to keep the rebuild stock. I’ve been talking to the machinist and just expressed to him I’m trying to keep things simple. I explained that I just wanted to have the crank checked, have the block decked if it needs it, cylinders Honed and possibly bored over if they are out of spec or egg shaped.
I have a couple mic’s and dial bore guages but they are cheap and not great quality so I’m unsure of how much I trust them. Eitherway I’m going to be re-using stock rods and grabbing new npr pistons.
The motor will be stock with the exception of arp headstuds.
Here’s the box of goods I got from enjuku

Also,I was recommended by someone on here to swap the throwout bearing for a Koyo to reduce the likelihood of having a noisy throwout.
I spent two cold nights after work in my Unheated “shop” tearing the motor down to a bare block in preparation to drop everything off at the machine shop.

Also, painted the trans though no one will see it haha. I need to either get another trans harness or repair the one I have now because it just looks janky as shit and there’s a couple sensors that the wiring broke away from even before I pulled the drivetrain.

Head was hot tanked, resurfaced, pressure tested and vacuum tested to make sure the valves were sealing. I’m not going to go any further doing a valve job or replacing guides. I’m just going to pull it apart and clean up the valves and put some new valve seals on. But I picked up the head today from the machine shop

I also received my zeta 1(shout out to JIMBO) and got my oem ka gasket set from some dealership haha

So, some of my next moves are going to be rebuilding the oil pump on my old cover and getting a oem timing chain kit unless anyone has any recommendations that are on par with oem for less haha.
I need to change the studs on head for the exhaust mani because I have all new studs and I have to extract a broken stud.

Once that’s done, I’m going start reassembly of the motor. Then I’m gonna get crackin’ on the bay bois!! Lol then I’ll move the rack forward to avoid the issues associated with schassis and more angle then stock. Then at some point I’ll really start addressing the interior haha. Until next time zilvians
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote