View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:35 AM   #7
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
sorry for the double post, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t gonna have to re-type all this a third time on my phone.

SO, yeah the car sat. The more and more I looked At it it just was kinda boring looking. Simple is best imo but I was really starting to want to do something else. So I decided to go type x as you saw in my first post. Bought 18s. Chrome battles and xt7s a buddy powder coated for me.

Decided 18s, were a little too big for me up front so I went the 17/18 route.
Idk if it was the xt7s, but being they were 18x9.5+12 I had to run a lot of negative camber in the rear to fit them with 225/35s. That’s when I picked up the xc8’s in 17x9+17.

Picked up a key!s 330mm from evasive and wasn’t a fan of it in my s13. I think it was how deep it felt compared to my nardi that I had in it.

At that point I pulled the rear subframe and dropped the gas tank. Only one of my rear calipers locked up so I replaced them both and did the rear brakes along with the pbm subframe risers, eccentric lockouts, all new es poly bushings for the lca’s, rear uprights, isr pro arms, welded diff and Swift’s on my pbms. Then, I had to address the front suspension. Gktech extended flcas,inners,outers and their roll center correction kit which I’ll touch on why I got rid of them later.

Also, got a little cup holder from STI and it came with this cool little postcard of streeter’s coupe I wanna say. Atleast it says streeter on it.

I also did a tune up, deleted egr, installed isr headers and testpipe I got in a trade for my g33’s.

Got a bride rep and some street faction rails which I don’t have any pics of installed.Also, put in some es rack bushings and isr rack lines.

After I got all that wrapped up decided to start searching for some oem kouki aero. Managed to get ahold of two sets of skirts, dorki valances, new oem bumper/extensions lights, oem wing, and dorki poly lip(not the grey one, I had two lips) aero marker mirrors.

Sold my xt7s(I hate myself still) and picked up some more 17s. Some model 5s as you saw. Decide to go 17 all the way around

I finally got the car back together and on the ground( I was driving 4 hours round trip every other weekend to go work in a unheated/not insulated garage)
And spring was around the corner. My girls mom was moving out of the house so I had to move the car all the way back to Lansing. I eyeballed the alignment and drove it all the way home. At that point, I didn’t have anywhere to keep my car being that I live in an apartment.
Me an my brother decided to go halfsies on a small storage space. 16x38’ with shitty lights, no heat and 110 sockets for electrical. But more ideal then being outside fixing things.

So, I raised(ugh) the front of the car and aligned it.

Hanging with a buddy

My super trash interior before I bought another nardi

My car was insured but no plate. I had a bunch of fun doing a little streeting and eventually tire caught the fender after I lowered it because I didn’t like how it sat haha. This is the reason I got rid of the rcc kit. It pushes your wheels out 25mm so it works better for wheels that aren’t as low of offset and if you don’t have your car very low. Bought some decently clean fenders for $100 from a guy in kzoo.

Swapped the fender out and the apartment management told me to move my car or it would be towed due to no plate. Put a expired plate on(I know, I don’t think they cared because there’s multiple cars with expired plates in my complex) and they put another sticker on it. I got mad and moved the car to the shop and it was an absolute pain getting the car in the shop do to how low it is.
A pic before I drove it there.

After fighting with the car, I knew that it was going to stay in there until I painted which was quite the endeavor. I decided to learn how to do it, I asked people on the internet a bunch of questions, red a lot of things but ultimately, I had no one that could stop me from making mistakes. So I prepped, sanded, sanded, sanded, sanded, you guys get it. Deleted the third brake light and shaved the antenna.

Bought some origin cf canards(for sale)

Took everything back apart to prime the car fully with polyester filler to get everything somewhat straight and then block it, shoot urethane primer and wetsand it.

Cut the passenger side rocker out about a foot section to make it better then what I did in the past.

Prepped the kit and all that jazz in a day or two. I also bought this air compressor being it was the biggest that I could safely run in my “shop”.

Two things I failed to mention is that I felt I needed a third car for due to issues with my girlfriends car I had to constantly fix(03 protege ughh)
And I picked up a 01 330ci. It’s not the nicest but I didn’t care and it came with some cool stuff. It did cause me to get sidetracked for awhile here’s it before and after I owned it for a few months.

The second thing I failed to mention was that I was aiming to have the car painted before super d Midwest trial at usair. I wasn’t driving I just wanted to give myself a deadline because I went on vacation the week before so I was trying to get the car hammered out. It didn’t happen so here’s a photo dump from when a bunch of friends and myself went out to the dairy state!

Too many pics in one post sorry I’ll post more in a second
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote