Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #66
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
All very fair points.

Especially the torque curve point.

It's a lot easier to understand when talking tuner to tuner. But talking customer to tuner it's harder to get across.

It is a lot easier though, once they actually drive the car and experience the torque. They get a little less concerned about being 15-20 hp off of their target HP goal.

The other issue is tuning for throttle response and tip in power. This is something that I have been able to get extremely efficient and experienced with thanks to me switching from the dynojet to the dyno dynamics now.

I am able to do things that I could have only dreamed of with the dj 6 years ago. Thanks soo much to Mike Kondo at Canyon Racer Motorsports to letting me rent his dd anytime needed for Nissan Clients.

The other thing is building smooth linear maps. Being able to test out timing in each individual cell - watching the tractive effort in real time, it's awesome. You can find 10-30 ft lbs of torque as low as 2000 RPMS sometimes with this function