View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #1816
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
That's why I have a track car and am working on a street car. A double-duty car is too compromised.
Unless you're planning on winning the 24hr Lemans you can totally track a daily driver and still be competitive. A quick-spooling 300whp SR/KA-T, springs/dampers, r33 wheels, r33 brakes, r33 seats and a roll bar with full interior is all you really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Could be worse. You could sell off the cars you've spent years building for no reason other than needing money, then start over again 10 years later with parts harder to come by and with double the drift tax than when you first started. lol

That said, we grow more wise as we age. When I was 20, I didn't give a shit about my AC going out, it just meant MORE POWA. Now I will almost refuse to drive without it. Seeing people rip out A/Cs from 240s BECAUSE RACECAR only to sell the shell 6 months later because they lost interest resulting in a car that'll be THAT MUCH MORE of a pain in the ass to make nice again chaps my butt a little.

But yeah there's something to be said for being comfortable and having fun too.
Very true. I was a young idiot, but I had enough sense to keep the A/C intact. I did grow up in the desert, though lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote