Year: 1995
Mileage: 217,400
Engine: 1.8L
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Fuel: 87 Octane
VIN: JM1NA3534S0612146
Color: Merlot Mica / A1Q
Type: 2 Seat Convertible
Price: $2,700.00 Or Best Offer or Trades (Sedans and wagons [prefer a manual transmission, but not necessary], minivan/suvs/crossovers)
Title: Clean; in hand

Up for sale is my 1995 Mazda Miata Mx-5. It has a little over 217,000 miles. It runs really well, burns nearly a quart of oil between every 3,400 mile oil change. It’s done me well on the 5 years I’ve owned it. Purchased in mid 2014 @ 208,000 miles from a fellow miata enthusiast. When i got it it had a defective clutch slave cylinder, i quickly replaced it with new slave cylinder. I left the country and moved to Germany. The car sat in storage with a friend from 2014-2018. Ive taken it on numerous long trips (Nashville, TN and Destin, FL) without an issue. The reason for getting rid of it is pretty simple, I have 2 small children and i obviously can’t take them in the miata and i don’t get to drive it as much as i want. Its a really fun car in any weather. I would like to trade it for a 4 door sedan, 4 door hatchback or small crossover/suv. I prefer a maul transmission and i would like to avoid GM cars.

Things I’ve replaced; The shifter boot and hardware, i bought this not too long ago from flying miata, it basically makes the shifting experience feel brand new. Tires and wheels, I traded the “daisy” wheels that came on it (they originally came with BBS Mesh wheels but the previous owner did not have them) for the Next generation NB model 15 inch Enkei factory wheels and wrapped them in a full set of Nitto Neogen 205/50/15 tires. The tires have about 9 thousand miles on them, still in excellent shape. The clutch slave cylinder, as mentioned, i got a new one the day after i bought the car. Brake fluid and clutch fluid, i actually replaced all the brake fluid in all of my vehicles at the same time. The shifter turret oil, rear differential oil, and transmission oil. I used redline fluid for all the replacement fluid. Passenger rear hub assembly, the bearing gave out shortly after i got it out of storage so i replaced the whole assembly (brake caliper and wheel bearing). Brake pads and rotors. Deatsch Werks DW200 255lph Fuel Pump. I also obviously added a front lip spoiler on it, its a replica of the Garage Vary brand i purchased from Ebay. The turn signal/running light lens, they are tinted units from ebay, i have the clear originals. Around about 200,000 miles the timing belt/water pump service was done along with replacing the heater hoses from the previous owner, he did use a different hose on one of the coolant pipes but it causes no issues. Ive always changed the engine oil every 3,400 or so miles with Shell’s Rotella T6 Full synthetic 5W-40 oil. It helps with the “lifter tick” that nearly every one of these miata 1.6-1.8L engines have. I removed the intake manifold bracket to easier access the oil filter as well. NGK spark plugs and spark plug wires. Air filter and Fuel filter. Power steering pump. Yes, most of these are regular maintenance items but people do often neglect doing them.

Issues; The paint is not in the greatest shape, it was repainted but when they repainted it, it wasn’t the best job. It had a lot of orange peel, i wet sanded it as much as i could with the time i had but they didn’t do the best job prepping and painting it. The first owner i know was in an rear end accident, you can clearly see the attempt to repair it when you open the trunk. It has a chipping issue in the passenger rear from the sub par repair attempt done to it. It is a clear Georgia title but I’m going to up front about it to save time. It also has a smashed up front passenger fender from my wife backing into the front of it with my truck one morning, she wasn’t paying attention. I have a perfect shape used fender to replace it, it just needs to be sanded, primed, painted and cleared then put on, it will come with the car. The car has a few hail dings in it as well, nothing too serious but they are there. The top has some stress tears on the passenger side , you have to reach down to see them between the material and inner frame of the car, it does leak a little water but it goes into the factory drains for the most part anyway. The horn doesn’t work, I’m fairly certain its the buttons in the steering wheel, and the steering wheel material is worn out anyway so it should be replaced i just never got around to doing it. The a/c doesn’t blow cold, I’m sure it needs a recharge but not certain, the old a/c compressor was giving me issues so i put a used one in better shape on there i just have not got it recharged. The power windows go a little slow, not sure what the issue is there, maybe just greasing up the tracks or maybe it needs new hardware, i don’t know i just leave the top down and the windows down all the time and in the garage. The radio halfway works, what i mean is that the volume button is sketchy, you turn the knob and sometimes the volume goes up, sometimes it goes down. The car doesn’t have an antenna so its just the cd player and tape deck, i usually just bluetooth my phone to a portable speaker if i do any kind of audio listening. The drivers seat bottom is ripped as is the head rest top on the passenger seat.
In conclusion, its a 25 year old sports car with 200+ thousand miles . It’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Overall Rust free, Rockers and underbody do not have any rust. Its a fun, if not one of the most fun and reliable cars you can buy for the money. This is the 1995 M Edition Model so it comes from the factory with the Torque sensing Limited slip differential. It handles amazingly, its fairly good on fuel (23city/29highway), and is always the answer. If i didn’t have my little ones i like to take around with me everywhere, i would be keeping it and likely swapping in the Honda V6 (J32 Accord/TL) into it, but I’m certain that i won’t have the time to do that with the kids. Its pretty much a stock 95 Miata. I live in Northeast Georgia near Athens. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Im not hurting to sell nor am I in a rush, i can keep it.

Trades: I like Japanese cars/minivans mostly, Toyota/Lexus/Scion (Prius, Matrix, Sequoia, 4Runner, ES300, XB, Corolla, GS Sereies, RX Series, Avalon, LS Series, IS300, Sienna, Camry etc), Honda/Acura (Civic, Fit, Pilot, Element, CR-V, Legend, Accord Sedan&Wagons, RL, TL etc) , Pre-2002 Nissan/Infiniti (Maxima, QX4, Sentra, Xterra), Mazda (Protege5, Mazda 3 hatchback, Mazda 6, MPV etc) Ford/Mercury/Lincoln (Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car, F150, Five hundred etc) GM (Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade, Vibe, Regal, Roadmaster wagon, Caprice sedan/wagon etc) Volvo (Wagons Only)

Last edited by Killercd4G63; 10-27-2019 at 01:08 PM..
Killercd4G63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links